Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer X or H
X
60.00%
H
40.00%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

True Dual Poll X or H

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Keep us updated thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X pipe, sounds better IMHO I have had an Impalla SS with an H and we switched it out for an X and it sound alot better. But thats an LT1 car so it sounded good anyway.

I vote for an 3" over the axle kit that has good clerence and has an X with good mufflers, perferable a stainless muffler. Dumps are cool for a while but it gets old after a short period of time, plus if you get pulled over for it you get a ticket in most states since the tailpipe doesn't exit the body line.

Just my .02 take it for what its worth
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

My x-pipe is rusting a little so I'm all for a stainless H-pipe set-up! I think for the mufflers, the best option is to not include any so people can add their own since there are so many options....or offer to install any kind or let people send in their own(probably too time consuming.) I'm using the 3" chambered mufflers from www.classicchambered.com so I get close to the GMMG sound and I know I'd use these again if I got the h-pipe which would be extra work for me if you only install dynomax bullets. Just an idea!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice to see that you guys are in Florida. A new exhaust is in my near future so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. Should you need a car for test fitment, add me to the list. I'd be more than happy to help out. Update us when you can!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H, any word on the progress?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Another vote for H. I love the way it sound with bullets, nice and deep but not too loud
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

I am in the market for a H pipe PM me if you make it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I voted H pipe just to be different, and the saound is alot better in my opinion. Would love to see a package deal with headers and catted H pipe!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Teching In

X-pipe noise cancellation and probably increased exhaust velocity. I love the sound of a ferria/lambo. Leave the old school tump sound to the true muscle cars!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lr308
X-pipe noise cancellation and probably increased exhaust velocity. I love the sound of a ferria/lambo. Leave the old school tump sound to the true muscle cars!
Well if it worked for the "true" muscle cars, then it will work just fine for me! Id rather take tips from American hot rods than the euro-trash/tojo carbon fiber body nightmares that are snob appeal on wheels. Besides really what sounds better a lam(e)bo or an LS6(454 not gen 3) Chevelle? Ill take the Chevelle any day! Dont mean to sound like an ignorant red-neck, but I like America and I think Americans should drive American cars.

Sorry for
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Banned

We are still in R&D with the tru dual setups. Hopefully we will have them out in a few months.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Teching In

America and I think Americans should drive American cars SO THAT'S WHY AMERICAN MANUFACTURES ARE ASKING FOR 250 BILLION BAIL OUT! so they can compete with Euro and Japan trash cars right
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

EDIT: Not a bail out, a loan. Last time this happened the loan was paid off and then some with interest in 5 years.

No primarily because the American cars of the past were junk, and the current generation are carrying that misconception into an era when cars like the CTS are able to compete with and best many other cars from most world auto makers. That and many youthful buyers are obsessed with 16 second tojo 4 bangers than real performance cars.

If you want to buy an import car go ahead, all your doing is removing the manufacturing base from the American economy. Think about it the US economy was strongest when we manufactured the materials that built the nations of the world, American steel was the standard by which others were judged, and the dollar was far and away the most important currency in the world economy. What has happened? the Government, in their ever present expansion into things they have no buisness in, has put so many restrictions on buisness that when in conjunction with the leeches that are the unions have made it un-feasible to run a buisness in the united states. So buisness goes away and here we are with no industry, no real way to make money on a national level, and we slowly become a third world country living off the countries we helped to build.

So sure if you want to be one of the misinformed, ignorant and otherwise usless sheeple go right ahead and buy your tojo/kraut mobile when a CTS type car would be cheaper and perform as well or better while being just as comfortable, while your at it vote for obama bin laden, oh wait you probably did!

Some people love America and some dont, its as simple as that. If you love this greatest of nations, buy American products made in America for American consumers.

So where are the other ricers with their hp per liter/ drift is better than drag/ my motor isa sooooo tiny American-san arguments?

Last edited by ZMONSTER!; 11-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

What mufflers will be offered with your true dual set up black2002ws6?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lr308
America and I think Americans should drive American cars SO THAT'S WHY AMERICAN MANUFACTURES ARE ASKING FOR 250 BILLION BAIL OUT! so they can compete with Euro and Japan trash cars right
It's a $25 billion bailout, not a $250 billion. And for the record, the American auto industry is dying because of unions, pensions and ridiculous CAFE standards. American auto makers are doing excellent overseas. It's the American regulations that are killing them. Japanese manufacturers don't have to deal with many them because they are based overseas. The average Toyota worker makes $45/hour. American auto workers make $70 because of the corrupt unions. Factor in the billions that are paid out to workers that haven't turned a wrench in decades and a government that literally FORCES GM to engineer a bunch of fuel efficient cars no one wants because of CAFE standards so they can get the fleet average high enough to actually still manufacture the cars people DO want and you have a collapse. Quality has very little to do with it. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Want to truly bail out the American automakers without costing the taxpayers a cent? Tell the government and the unions to **** off. They'll be back on their feet in no time. Give them a bailout and they'll be doomed to walk the same paths and they'll never get better.

If Americans were truly EDUCATED, they would buy only American cars. Buying Honda or Toyota is a great way to finance Japan. It doesn't matter if they have factories here. The money goes overseas. When you support Japanese car manufacturers, you support Japan and hurt America. For every import you buy, you displace American workers take away from the American economy. Given the ignorance of your post, I would assume you don't understand fundamental economics, either.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
It's a $25 billion bailout, not a $250 billion. And for the record, the American auto industry is dying because of unions, pensions and ridiculous CAFE standards. American auto makers are doing excellent overseas. It's the American regulations that are killing them. Japanese manufacturers don't have to deal with many them because they are based overseas. The average Toyota worker makes $45/hour. American auto workers make $70 because of the corrupt unions. Factor in the billions that are paid out to workers that haven't turned a wrench in decades and a government that literally FORCES GM to engineer a bunch of fuel efficient cars no one wants because of CAFE standards so they can get the fleet average high enough to actually still manufacture the cars people DO want and you have a collapse. Quality has very little to do with it. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Want to truly bail out the American automakers without costing the taxpayers a cent? Tell the government and the unions to **** off. They'll be back on their feet in no time. Give them a bailout and they'll be doomed to walk the same paths and they'll never get better.

If Americans were truly EDUCATED, they would buy only American cars. Buying Honda or Toyota is a great way to finance Japan. It doesn't matter if they have factories here. The money goes overseas. When you support Japanese car manufacturers, you support Japan and hurt America. For every import you buy, you displace American workers take away from the American economy. Given the ignorance of your post, I would assume you don't understand fundamental economics, either.
Well said sir!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

We will be making our own mufflers.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Someone should post a video or two that shows the difference in sound. Same car, same mufflers.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

i vote h just cuz no one else offers it
Old 11-28-2008, 04:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
American auto makers are doing excellent overseas.
What other country has high sales of American cars?