Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mezere electric water pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mezere electric water pump problems

i have a mezere electric water pump on a 99 transam. i have had nothing but problems. it keep sucking my radiator dry. it also blows the cap off of my over flow tank. anyone else have problems. anyone got any ideas??? i need help
Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Bro !!! I have had mine in since 2006 and had 0 problems. Hope you figure out whats going on. Doesn't sound good at all.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you need a new radiator cap if
it is pumping all your coolant into the overflow.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

I have the electric water pump to ,and had no problems with it at all, Like said above might be your cap or could a head gasket
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

its has new heads checked the oil and its all good. ill get a cap in a few days. it blows the overflow cap right off. it was on the dyno the first time itr did i. it just has me tripping out.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

An EWP does not increase flow with speed or RPM. It flows the exact same at all times. So if its only doing it under load (ie..On the dyno or under acceleration ) then it is DEFINATELY not the pump, and most likely not the cap.

My bet is your pressurizing your cooling system via your head gaskets.
Originally Posted by afasttransam
its has new heads checked the oil and its all good. ill get a cap in a few days. it blows the overflow cap right off. it was on the dyno the first time itr did i. it just has me tripping out.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

See if it is leaking out of the weep hole...I had to have mine rebuilt 3 times by Meziere before it finally stopped leaking. You can look at the timing cover and see if there is coolant dripping down it...thankfully, their customer service is very good, and it was all covered by them every time (minus my shipping cost to them).
Old 05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

it deff. does it under a load. one on the dyno. one on the freeway on ramp. normal city driving it seams to be fine. i used factory gm head gasket and arp bolts. do you think i should try and retoqure the bolts??or pull the heads off and get new gasket??? its been 3 weeks sence the first time. i have changed to oil twice and it looks good.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 AM
FormerVendor

There is a tester that you can use that checks for combustion contaminents in the coolant. ANY good mechanic should have one. Snap On sells one.

Basically you pull some coolant out and mix it with a special chemical. It will tell you if you have combustion chamber contaminents in your coolant.

Do a web search for "Block Tester" or "Head Gasket Leak Tester"

You can buy a kit on your local auction site for 20-40 bucks..

Although this is not the end all, be all of tests, it will definaely point you in the right direction. If it comes up negative, your about 99.9% sure you didnt pop a gasket. If it comes up positive..Welllll..................

If you are pushing combustion into the water jackets, you can not save your head gaskets..Their shot..

The reason you are not seeing water in the oil is because you didnt blow the gasket in that particular location..

BE CAREFULL!!!!! If your pushing water, your most likely also steam cleaning your piston. Which almost ALWAYS ends up as a broken ringland..

Originally Posted by afasttransam
it deff. does it under a load. one on the dyno. one on the freeway on ramp. normal city driving it seams to be fine. i used factory gm head gasket and arp bolts. do you think i should try and retoqure the bolts??or pull the heads off and get new gasket??? its been 3 weeks sence the first time. i have changed to oil twice and it looks good.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:05 AM
FormerVendor

Found a tester for you..

Go to your local NAPA autoparts store. Its part number 700-1006. Its less than 50 bucks..
Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I completly agree with American HP, but couldn't it also be the thermostat sticking closed? I don't know if you have any overheating problems, but if you do you couldstart there.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Theoretically, yes that could also cause pressurizing of the cooling system.
But being that it only happens at loads, I would think that rules it out.
If it was doing it while the car was sitting at idle and coming up to temp, then I would say it would definately be something to look at.

If the head gasket issue comes up negative, that would be my next move.

Originally Posted by chevroletfreak
I completly agree with American HP, but couldn't it also be the thermostat sticking closed? I don't know if you have any overheating problems, but if you do you couldstart there.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just a thought, don't mean to make anyone sound stupid, but you did drill holes in the thermostat if you have one right? i know its obvious but just a thought
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nikon1999
just a thought, don't mean to make anyone sound stupid, but you did drill holes in the thermostat if you have one right? i know its obvious but just a thought
Good point.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 AM
FormerVendor

Those hole only serve ANY purpose while the motor is cold and coming up to temp. One the car hit 160*, it renders those holes useless. His issue isnt on a cold motor.
Originally Posted by Black 99 Bird
Good point.