Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Clips of my GMMG, Custom O/R Y and Flowmaster Merge

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KameleonTransAm
Don't know if you have found out anymore about the overheating, but my car started doing that and it continuously got worse until it went far into the red once. I ended up cleaning out the whole system and putting in new coolant. It's been perfect ever since .
not a bad idea torch...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KameleonTransAm
Don't know if you have found out anymore about the overheating, but my car started doing that and it continuously got worse until it went far into the red once. I ended up cleaning out the whole system and putting in new coolant. It's been perfect ever since .
My coolant was changed in 10/2006... but since then i have only put on 6K miles on the car so i doubt it is the coolant. but at the end of this year i am prolly going to do a coolant flush
Old 08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, Jonas...what have ya done? I haven't been keeping up, but why did you switch from you old setup. If you look at my cardomain page, it shows what i've been up to.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Dude, Jonas...what have ya done? I haven't been keeping up, but why did you switch from you old setup. If you look at my cardomain page, it shows what i've been up to.
Nothing much Eric.... I saw a little while a go you were having some electrical problems? Did you get it all worked out?

Basically i switched out the TDs (lack of ground clearance) for custom O/R Y, Flowmaster Merge and GMMG c/b. Got me some new wheels and tires (TTMs and Nittos) got my new Textralia Z Grip in and home made version of the FTRA... That is about it. I will need to look at your web page
Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll like my newest exhaust creation. The car is running BTW. I know you had those 1 chambers infront of the axle. Thats why you had no clearance. If you would have moved them like my old setup, you'd have been okay.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
You'll like my newest exhaust creation. The car is running BTW. I know you had those 1 chambers infront of the axle. Thats why you had no clearance. If you would have moved them like my old setup, you'd have been okay.

Yeah i checked out your domain site. I went thru all 7 pages.. What a transformation your car has gone thru...... Sounds good and nice motor you got going.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA

Nice....... What kinda numbers you making with this same cam?

havent been to the dyno yet. Its need tuning bad but I dont have the cash right this minute. I dont drive it everyday so to me, its no biggie. When I do have sum numbers, Ill post um up for sure.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yeah radio........

That was actually my son, he was getting tired and i pissed him off

For some reason he loves to sleep in my car, i dont know if it is the cam or what?
Hahaha sweet. Your sons already addicted to a modded LS1. lol