Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stroker's come in

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leak Down Test needs to be done, period. Go to your local AutoZone and rent a leak down tester and do it. By doing a leak down test if you find a problem then do a compression test by taking all the rockers off and closing the valves. Then will you be able to eliminate the bottom end but excessive blow by will cause this problem because it will be pushing oil all the way to the top of the engine and then when all it shut off come back down. Valve guides will not cause this because there is way to much oil for that to happen and it they are bad then the oil will burn in the combustion chambers and then there would be no evidence of oil and definitely not puddle up on the valves If there where a crack in the heads then there would not be oil on all of the valves. David check all your specs again on the bottom end and just go through the motions all over again before spending any more money. Do some tests, its simple you can do it and you will find your problem. Not blaming anyone just like i said go back through all the motions and eliminate all possibilities. Good luck man and give me a call if you need some help, I will drive up there and help all that i can. Later Mike
Old 12-21-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^So you are saying that the oil on the valves could be settling there after the engine stops running? that sounds possible but it seemed like a lot of oil. But my question to you is wouldn't the catch can be catching anything before it got into the intake?
Old 12-21-2008, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by t_raven
^^But my question to you is wouldn't the catch can be catching anything before it got into the intake?

If it was blowby it would. (or more than likely anyways)
Old 12-21-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not the way I would like it to be, but the engine smoking problem will no longer affect the TA.

Last night coming home from a friends house house, I was in the TA in the left hand lane of I-85 with an 18-wheeler right beside me. He started coming over on me (guess I was in his blind spot) so instead of nailing the brakes, I punched it and tried to get in front of him since I was closer to the front of his vehicle. From 4th gear, my car started spinning wildly and I lost control of it. It swayed side to side a few times on the wet pavement. The truck dove back over into the right hand lane when he saw (or heard) me. I couldn't regain control and ended up sliding into the concrete divider with my front end and passenger side quarter panel.

Air bags did deploy, but I wasn't injured whatsoever. The car had cosmetic damage on the front and passenger side. I got out and called Emergency who patched me through to the Highway Patrol. I told them what had happened, that it was a just one car involved and no one was injured at all.

Not two-three minutes after the accident, traffic was still coming and most of them getting over into the other lanes to avoid my car, except one. A purple Crown Vic never appeared to hit the brakes at all. He T-boned my passenger side door and front quarter panel as I jumped over the concrete divider to avoid getting hit while not in my car.

The passengers inside the Crown Vic were shaken up pretty badly, but none of them seriously injured. They did have a 4-5 year old girl in the back but she may have only had a scratch or two. The woman (passenger) was bruised up and two months pregnant. EMS told me she would be fine, but she was going to the hospital as a precautionary measure. The guy (driver) was also banged up but he was totally conscience and just said he was in minor pain.

I'm just glad I got out of the car when I did and that my legs are still good enough to jump a concrete divider in 1 second or else I would have been seriously injured or killed.

I'm pretty depressed about the car, but its just a car and not my life, or someone else's life. I'm going to try to dig up most of the reciepts for the engine build and hopefully get reimbursed for some of it.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Regular

Holy S***!!!!!!!!
Well I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

sorry to hear that david im glad your ok. Let me know if you need any help.

Last edited by 2001z; 12-21-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Wow, what a way to end a problem! I mean, glad your OK, and that by far and away is the most important part of course. Good luck with the insurance company and trying to collect. What you may want to do (if you have the stock parts) is have the car towed back to your house and put all of your stock stuff back on as the insurance company is gonna want to weasle out of it some way. Good luck
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Find out how much buy back is. I've never totalled a car but I did a 98 R1 once. The pay off was $5,500 and buy back was only $700, so I bought it, spend $500 to make it ridable and sold it for $2k lol. If the buy back is cheap enough you might as well keep it and part it out.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am more than likely going to purchase it back. The parts are probably worth more than they will give me for the car.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Sorry about your car, but your ignorance regarding blowby is unfounded. I have NEVER seen a car use that much oil without having a ton of blowby, and it should have been one of the first things checked before everything else was even brought up. As stated before, blowby WILL pressurize the crankcase, and not allow the PCV system to do its job.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have some pretty crappy luck.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Loadre
Sorry about your car, but your ignorance regarding blowby is unfounded. I have NEVER seen a car use that much oil without having a ton of blowby, and it should have been one of the first things checked before everything else was even brought up. As stated before, blowby WILL pressurize the crankcase, and not allow the PCV system to do its job.
Your ignorance to this thread is epic GTFO
Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

2K1WS6TA, I'm glad your ok. I'm sorry hear about the accident. I hope everything works out well for you with the insurance folks. That's one bizarre ending.

BTW pictures? Sounds like your WS6 is hurt pretty bad.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its totaled without question. I guess i'll take some pics tomorrow when I go to the towing company's shop.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much you want for those POS heads? I will have to weld them up, machine them and might can go fast....
Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car David. Let me know if you need receipts for any of the parts from TSP and I will be happy to email or mail you copies of your invoices. The offer from us still stands to inspect the heads if you buy the car back. Let us know what you need and I will help any way we can.

Originally Posted by speedracerZO6
When you turn a motor off valves are still in a open position. At any givin point 12 to 14 of the valves would remain open as the car is shut off thus explaining the oil running off the valve head and onto the spark plugs.
I'm sorry but that is not possible when you look at the spark plug location in relation to the valves. In that case the oil is defying gravity. You are saying the oil that is coming down the valve or head and going to the lowest point but going back up the valve and over to the spark plug. Not only that, but on the OPEN valve, the oil magically jumps from the valve back to the seat and to the spark plug. Not only that but the oil actually runs up the threads as well. I just don't think that theory is very promising.

Jon
Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

oil on spark plug threads is very common with leaking guides/seals
Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right because it is possible to have unburnt oil in the combustion chamber.

Jon
Old 12-22-2008, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

these are from a car I worked on. Only time it smoked was after sitting a couple days
Old 12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Jon. I think I only made two purchases from you guys if I remember correctly. One was for the rotating assembly kit and the other for heads and all the engine gaskets + head studs. If you could dig up those transcripts it would help me a lot.

Here is a couple pics of the aftermath.

Quick Reply: Stroker's come in