Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 237cc Specs / Flow / Pics INSIDE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any info on the 227cc version ?

How much more p/v clearance do the PRC 215cc offer over a stock LS1 241 casting ?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Working on checking several different aftermarket rockers, I'll let you know. I would seriously doubt the standard aftermarket rockers wouldn't fit. The new valve spring is a little bit larger than the standard 1.29" springs we're use to seeing, but it's big heavy valve friendly so the LS7/LS3 guys should be really happy!!
Sounds good. I'm interested to see the specs out of these springs.

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
These are 13º valve angle.
I was under the impression they were moved around since you guys run the MS4 with a small chamber and no valve reliefs.

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
ET 11 degree heads also can use stock rockers. The thing is valve guide wear is increased with stock rockers. The reason we went closer 13 degrees is it still allows us a reasonable valve length for weight issues, yet it helped to free up needed p/v so we can offer smaller chambers to those big camshaft guys!!

The cylinder head isn't limited to 13 degrees though, we have options to change this up down the road if we decide to go a different direction.
Angle milling or revisions to the heads?

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
4) Whats the valve diameter/specs standard? Will these accept only your valves or will they work with a standard LS1 spec intake/exhaust valve in the correct diameter. (If I am wanting to source custom valves for say an Inconel setup etc)
Perhaps one of us misread this, but you'd need valves designed for these heads. With the 13* angle they are going to use valves that are longer than normal 15* stuff.

Quick Reply: PRC 237cc Specs / Flow / Pics INSIDE!!