Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who wondered what EL-Torro would do with heads..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
That seems to be the perception of those who want things for free... Anyone who really wants to know what I think just pays me for it. That's a pretty simple concept that capitalisim was based on.

Remember guys all I said was one thing in this thread
Bret
Well I must be the only one around here that likes to talk in a technical section of a free message board and expect to get peoples' opinion for free. How stupid of me. If you don't want to divulge anything or have any constructive criticism then just stay the hell out. Based on your attitude I wouldn't sit and listen to you even if you paid ME. I will agree with one thing you said - this has become a train wreck. OP - I still think you achieved great results.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Free opinions are worth every penny you pay for them!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenbeanZ28
Thats some awesome torque! Torque that some would think impossible by 4000 RPM on a stock cube car.

not impossible by any means..just have to have the right combo..look at the "243 dyno #s" thread,he was over 375ft lbs at that point,in an A4..if it was an M6 i bet it would be around 400ft lbs..
that being said,i'm not knocking the OP's #s at all..i bet that thing is a blast to drive!that's an impressive powerband..for a street car that's what you want,and it'll be quicker than a lot of guys running bigger cams..

Last edited by 66deuce; 04-23-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

Thats some awesome torque! Torque that some would think impossible by 4000 RPM on a stock cube car.

I know. With cam only and the stock 853 heads, the Tq was ~380 at 4K.

I don't know what Cartek does with their heads, but would the heads being milled ~.030 contribute to more Tq than if the heads were unmilled?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

yes.. that also raised your cylinder pressures
Old 04-24-2009, 09:57 AM
CARTEK Racing

Not sure that is that imposible as said before, at 4000RPM my car is at 375 torque, at 4500 my car gets to ~425 torque, with the 433 peak at 4750.
http://avoronoff.hypermart.net/4X_Dyno_04_13_06.jpg

The OP clearly has a very well spec'ed out cam, and the heads are kick ***!

Originally Posted by rmtt
I don't know what Cartek does with their heads, but would the heads being milled ~.030 contribute to more Tq than if the heads were unmilled?
They are milled .30" from what I know.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice. Simple. Effective.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

It should be called El-Mercadotecnia....
I think you are the biggest internet crybaby I have ever seen. All you do on this site and the other one is talk about how you, your whiny kid and ed are better than everyone else. No one is ever good enough for you guys unless YOU built it. Bash, bash, bash, thats all you do. You guys are punks. I think its really funny when you talk about how about how your high dollar parts are better than budget heads and so fourth are. For what you guys over charge I would hope the 2.2k port job Brett charges for Darts would beat a budget 5.3 head.

For what rmtt has into his car it and what HE (read: not you) wants out of it, it works. He loves it and that is what counts.

Maybe when you guys get done with your three way you'll notice it isn't what you think, its what the customer wants.

Sorry for the rant rmtt.

Nice power!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phoenix1987
I think you are the biggest internet crybaby I have ever seen. All you do on this site and the other one is talk about how you, your whiny kid and ed are better than everyone else. No one is ever good enough for you guys unless YOU built it. Bash, bash, bash, thats all you do. You guys are punks. I think its really funny when you talk about how about how your high dollar parts are better than budget heads and so fourth are. For what you guys over charge I would hope the 2.2k port job Brett charges for Darts would beat a budget 5.3 head.

For what rmtt has into his car it and what HE (read: not you) wants out of it, it works. He loves it and that is what counts.

Maybe when you guys get done with your three way you'll notice it isn't what you think, its what the customer wants.

Sorry for the rant rmtt.

Nice power!

LOL!!! your not forgetting these guys started a thread on
"why reverse splits suck" and there setup with a bottom end LS2 made less power and less torque than predator Z custom cam for rmtt!!

and rmtt setup just prove all the haters that u can still make great power and torque with a reverse split cam and heads.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

snip
You sir are nothing but a ******* troll.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JDishong
You sir are nothing but a ******* troll.
Yep. If you don't like this place don't visit. I bet he is the same guy who goes to the gay bar with his "girlfriends" because they like to dance.

Go back to the "other site"
Old 04-28-2009, 02:27 AM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

This car has an excellent torque curve and good hp, especially for someone wanting to keep their rpms lower due to having the stock rotating assembly. I don't understand how someone can say that reverse split sucks while looking at this dynograph. It very obviously has its place when put in the correct combo of parts. In fact, I plan on using this cam in my current build. Under the curve power dumdumdum.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenix1987

Sorry for the rant rmtt.

Nice power!
LOL, couldn't agree more. I wouldn't even consider doing business with someone who acts like a 2nd grader and is so damn rude.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ummm Maybe because I'm not being paid too to teach you & others new things, my comment was a COMMENTARY on the nature of the beast here.

obviously not being paid to teach spelling either .... sorry bro but the only beast in this thread besides the vette is you, the jackass

Todd, I must test drive it just to make sure its ok

Last edited by Full-Force; 05-21-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

nice numbers man!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Launching!

I'm surprised that lower LSA cams don't seem to be that popular. Lower LSA's to a point seem to make more power just about everywhere except at very high rpm's.

I remember back in my Modular Ford days, one of the few streetable cams to take the 2v 4.6l past 300RWHP with just bolton's had a lower LSA then just about any other cam with similar duration and lift.

Last edited by David_viny; 05-21-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: For those who wondered what EL-Torro would do with heads..