Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down hans fuestal=decide for yourself!!!!!

let met start off by saying his shop used to be top notch. i dropped off a set of Dart 225s to be ported and was quoted $1200 including parts and repairing the chamber. When i finally went to pick them up he tried to charge an extra four hundred for "extra time". I told him that wasnt right and had he have called me after the first $100 of extra time I would have probably said ok, but he didnt. Then his porter came into the conversation complaining that he had a lot of extra time in them and I told him that was between him and his boss. After some arguing Hans said to take the heads and pay what we agreed on. Its been a long time and now Im getting the car back together at Extreme Horsepower in NRH. When I dropped off the heads Chris pointed out that the milled surface of the heads were not finished and that only one intake runner was complete. the other 7 look like the pic.I have treid calling Hans with no luck and now I'm stuck paying another shop to finish his work. Hans' last words to me the day I picked my heads up from him were that guys like me were the reason why he would close his shop. If you had asked me a few years ago about him, I would have said he was one of the best. Now, all I can say is, guess you have to have a supersized pocket of money to get quality work out of Hans, or even fairly good work at all, and that the "little guy" doesnt matter at all anymore. What a shame... i would love to see his porter at a bar.....
Attached Thumbnails hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!-img00032-20090417-1441-1-.jpg   hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!-img00033-20090417-1442-1-.jpg   hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!-img00036-20090417-1444-1-.jpg  

Last edited by blown99bergerssclone; 04-25-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
let met start off by saying his shop used to be top notch. i dropped off a set of Dart 225s to be ported and was quoted $1200. When i finally went to pick them up he tryed to charge an extra four hundred for "extra time". I told him that wasnt right and had he have called me after the first $100 of extra time I would have probably said ok, but he didnt. Then his porter came ino the conversation complaining that he had a lot of extra time in them and I told him that was between him and his boss. After some arguing Hans said to take the heads and pay what we agreed on. Its been a long time and now Im getting the car back together at Extreme Horsepower in NRH. When I dropped off the heads Chris pointed out that the milled surface of the heads were not finished and that only one intake runner was complete. the other 7 look like the pic.I have treid calling Hans with no luck and now I'm stuck paying another shop to finish his work. Hans' last words to me the day I picked my heads up from him were that guys like me were the reason why he would close his shop. If you had asked me a few years ago about him, I would have said he was one of the best. Now, all I can say is, guess you have to have a supersized pocket of money to get quality work out of Hans, or even fairly good work at all, and that the "little guy" doesnt matter at all anymore. What a shame...
If you weren't working with Etreme Slushpower Id help you out and get you someone to finish those heads thats the baddest in town. Unfortunately, its not worth doing the heads right when dealing with XHP. Sorry for ya bud. Sucks to be you.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

Was it $1200 for just the porting and milling? Any valve job work? Thats pretty shitty for them to do that to you and not even finish the rest of the ports. From what Ive heard Hans was considered pretty good but have never dealt with them personally. Did you even get any flow numbers or anything?

Last edited by UGotBeaT; 04-19-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
If you weren't working with Etreme Slushpower Id help you out and get you someone to finish those heads thats the baddest in town. Unfortunately, its not worth doing the heads right when dealing with XHP. Sorry for ya bud. Sucks to be you.
what experience ( in detail) do you have with them? just curious cause i hear alot of people saying no good. but i went to the shop a few times b4 using them and they seem ok and had good cars in when i was there.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
Was it $1200 for just the porting and milling? Any valve job work? Thats pretty shitty for them to do that to you and not even finish the rest of the ports. From what Ive heard Hans was considered pretty good but have never dealt with them personally. Did you even get any flow numbers or anything?
included the valve job but the heads were done at mbe when i ordered em. said flowed 319@600 but thats not all that great and was prob on the 1 that was "done" and yes very shitty. especially considering how much i have had done in the past...plus my dads stuff and a few friends we took to hans
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

classic example of yet another hack....i feel for you....my question is why didnt you send them to tea and have them cnc'ed????? no bs, just consistant results time after time...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

included the valve job but the heads were done at mbe when i ordered em. said flowed 319@600 but thats not all that great and was prob on the 1 that was "done" and yes very shitty. especially considering how much i have had done in the past...plus my dads stuff and a few friends we took to hans
To be honest, if they really do flow 319 that is a pretty good number. Beware of internet flow numbers. I dont get how in the world he only completed one runner. Did you not look over the heads when you picked them up?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
To be honest, if they really do flow 319 that is a pretty good number. Beware of internet flow numbers. I dont get how in the world he only completed one runner. Did you not look over the heads when you picked them up?
not very good just glanced em over . he has always done a great job and i trusted him so i just put them away til now. this really sux. but i will just have to deal with it. now just trying to get this thing together.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9secondsflat
classic example of yet another hack....i feel for you....my question is why didnt you send them to tea and have them cnc'ed????? no bs, just consistant results time after time...
just trusted hans. now i'm short on time so i'm taking a chance with xhp. i hope when this is all said and done i can tell everyone they have done an excellent job.........track time will show.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done a better job of porting in my garage. Thats a damn shame man, I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

has anyone else used hans? how long ago and how did it turn out?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like the head was milled with an iron cutter
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by elias_799
it looks like the head was milled with an iron cutter
thats what someone else said
Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks to me like it was either milled with a cutter that had chipped inserts or they had the rpm too slow for the feed rate (most likely).
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...i dropped off a set of Dart 225s to be ported and was quoted $1200. When i finally went to pick them up he tried to charge an extra four hundred for "extra time".
Dang, I had sent my AFR heads out to Tony Mamo over this past winter for milling and porting, my total cost, including the valve job and return shipping was right at $1200.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

let met start off by saying his shop used to be top notch. i dropped off a set of Dart 225s to be ported and was quoted $1200. When i finally went to pick them up he tried to charge an extra four hundred for "extra time". I told him that wasnt right and had he have called me after the first $100 of extra time I would have probably said ok, but he didnt. Then his porter came into the conversation complaining that he had a lot of extra time in them and I told him that was between him and his boss. After some arguing Hans said to take the heads and pay what we agreed on. Its been a long time and now Im getting the car back together at Extreme Horsepower in NRH. When I dropped off the heads Chris pointed out that the milled surface of the heads were not finished and that only one intake runner was complete. the other 7 look like the pic.I have treid calling Hans with no luck and now I'm stuck paying another shop to finish his work. Hans' last words to me the day I picked my heads up from him were that guys like me were the reason why he would close his shop. If you had asked me a few years ago about him, I would have said he was one of the best. Now, all I can say is, guess you have to have a supersized pocket of money to get quality work out of Hans, or even fairly good work at all, and that the "little guy" doesnt matter at all anymore. What a shame... i would love to see his porter at a bar.....
Well got hold of hans today. Said he doesn't remember but he will fix em. Dropped off @ 5. Hope he does a good job. But at least. He said hed stand behind his work
N
Old 04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep us updated with new pics.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lt1Porsche
keep us updated with new pics.
will do
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

so he told you people like yourself is the reason why he would close down shop?
that sounds real professional
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been using Hans for 10+ years now and can tell you that is not like him at all.

The guy he used to have doing the porting is the problem. The guy was awesome back in the day, but has since become unreliable...and obviously not finishing his work. I doubt Hans ever looked at your heads and his porter told him what you owed. Hans will make it right with you, just give him some time.

Quick Reply: hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!