Sponsored by:

430.5rwhp396rwtq sae any good

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chevytat2
Hey Ron,

i couldnt post the cam specs as if you read i didn't know them. i bought the heads and cam used from a friend. the price was right and i know it made real good power. i proceeded to have them installed on my car and my car made these #'s....if i knew the #'s i would of posted them but i didnt...it made good power imo and i dont really care what the specs are
Well, if you want to know the truth, 430 is pretty average these days for a head and cam setup, especially with a large cam and stage 3 heads, IMO. If you bought them without knowing what they were, you are either a very trusting or a very gullible man. 430 is a good number, and since you bought 'em used, you probably got a good deal. Problem is, with that big of a cam and 430rwhp, if you add a rearend (which you will need) you're down to 410-415rwhp, low for a h/c car with a large cam. What other mods did your "buddy" have that he made 20 more HP than you?

Put yourself in our shoes, What would your response be if we asked you "What do you think of my car's appearance? It is not stock." No pics or description of specific mods, just a vague question. Kinda hard to give your honest opinion about my cars appearance without more information, no?

Excuse our questions and responses, but your posts have been less than well thought out and formulated. Sprinkle in some punctuation, caps, and complete sentences for best results, and in doing so, won't come off as an angry 17 year old kid. Good luck, enjoy your power, its addicting. Shawn
Old 12-11-2003, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well average below average garbage what ever you wanna call it.
the car made 430 im happy thats what matters
the kid i bought them from his car made 20 hp more than my car bone stock and all our mods are pretty similiar and my car was 20-25 hp behind all the way through the bolt on process
for what i paid i think i got a good deal and good power come spring time we'll see what she runs on the track then you can nit pick those numbers too
and damn spanky i wish i was 17 again have you seen these teenage girls lately DAMN!!!!!!
they didnt grow them like that 10 years ago
Old 12-11-2003, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

for what i paid i think i got a good deal and good power come spring time we'll see what she runs on the track
You're right, if you're happy with it thats all that matters. But, you asked for opinions, so don't get mad or upset if they're not what you wanna hear. Enjoy your new setup, Shawn
Old 12-11-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

and damn spanky i wish i was 17 again have you seen these teenage girls lately DAMN!!!!!!
they didnt grow them like that 10 years ago
You guys can bullshit all you want. I cant help it, I like this guy

Old 12-11-2003, 06:54 PM
FormerVendor

Spanky, I got an idea, why dont you post some of your OWN dyno #s or TRACK #s before sharing your overwhelmingly valuable opinion to others..........

99% of the big # cars on the net are through 10 bolts with 3:42s. Most people dont post their cars in drag mode

Congrats on the #s ChevyTat, 430 is nothing to shake a stick about.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

im not complaining about any posts i just think its funny you guys freak out about some weird trivial stuff it made 430 with a cam and some heads i think thats impressive look back a few years you would have to spend 10k to get anywhere near that power from a stock factory engine if you could get it at all its the reason i sold my 96 with the lt1 and bought the 02 with an ls1 just a better motor right from the start
Old 12-11-2003, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Spanky, I got an idea, why dont you post some of your OWN dyno #s or TRACK #s before sharing your overwhelmingly valuable opinion to others..........

Congrats on the #s ChevyTat, 430 is nothing to shake a stick about.
I'm sorry, sir, I missed the part where he asked for advice from those who are more knowledgeable than I. I never claimed that my opinion was "overwhelmingly valuable". He asked for opinions, and I gave him one, an honest unbiased one at that. I'm sorry that my sig doesn't have my current dyno or track numbers in it (my car is not running right now, still waiting on some parts, and, quite honestly, I'm considering selling out of LS1 parts, its too much like high school boys fighting over whose stuff is best, its just not enjoyable anymore), but when (if) I have them I will post them, just like you did (even if my solid roller, high compression, forged 348 ci is running times equal to or slower than stock shortblock H/C cars).

He asked if his numbers were any good, and I (like others) said that it depended on his head and cam specs. It is universally accepted that 430 rwhp is good with, say, a $1000 stage one head and a 220/220 cam, correct? Do you really think it is as impressive if the heads are $3000 stage 3 heads and 236/244 cam, for example? See, it does matter. Then, when his specs were known (Stage 3 head and 232/236 cam), his numbers became average to me, especially for good heads and (relatively) large cam, through a stock rearend.

99% of the big # cars on the net are through 10 bolts with 3:42s. Most people dont post their cars in drag mode
First of all, most cars are dynoed with the rearend that they are using. (My 12 bolt w/4.30s, Damian 8.8 w/4.10s, Chevytat2 10 bolt w/ 3.42s). Am I the first person to say anything about his rearend, and how a "real" rearend would affect his numbers negatively? Ummmm, no.

Originally Posted by Damian
For a 232/236 cam, and running through a 10 bolt rear w/ 3:42's, 430 is "ok". Your car would make roughly ~410-415 rwhp through a real rear end and 4:10's.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you Georgia boys had a crush on me, the way you all (ya'll) keep seeking me out.... Seriously, how is my opinion different/more irritating than the others? Why did you notice (and feel compelled to respond to) mine? If you want some more (or have more to say), take it to PM, I'm not going to start a war in the middle of his thread.

Shawn
Old 12-11-2003, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

Yup, 126.7mph in the dead of summer with +1700 DA and 3400lb race weight is right in line with say....the guys at Cartek and the -1500DA they have right now and the 3200lb race weights huh. ..I also didnt ask you for your opinion on my setup, as it means nothing to me. My solid roller is VERY mild(smaller than a G5X2 cam and still puts me well into the 10s and I can drive it EVERYDAY with STOCK drivability)

Ya see, its not that YOU bother me, its people like you who dont do a damn thing other than sit behind the keyboard with all this advice to share with others when ya dont have half the personal experience you project yourself as having.There are quite a few others on here who do the same. I see it everyday.

What were your #s Spanky? What DID YOU run? Or have ya had it at the track? Did you dyno? See my point, you ALWAYS have something to say, and 99% of the time its downing peoples accomplishemts. This guy bought a used setup and installed it himself and made 430rwhp. His peak # shouldnt matter the most, its what he GAINED over his previous setup that shows how well his money was spent. And YES 99% of the dyno #s I see posted include 10 bolt with 3:42s. IF you feel compelled to believe everything you read off the internet, then by all means take in all the knowledge you can. The rest of us will be back here in REALITY running our cars and actually seeing what does what.

BTW, whatever happened to you flying down and beating Joshs' *** as you said to him through PM? Seems your tone changed a lil once he gave ya a call didnt it. Nothing like a keyboard warrior to take advice from.

Take no offense from me Im just a down south Ga hick, while you..... well your comments on this board speak for themself.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya see, its not that YOU bother me, its people like you who dont do a damn thing other than sit behind the keyboard with all this advice to share with others when ya dont have half the personal experience you project yourself as having.There are quite a few others on here who do the same. I see it everyday.

What were your #s Spanky? What DID YOU run? Or have ya had it at the track? Did you dyno? See my point, you ALWAYS have something to say, and 99% of the time its downing peoples accomplishemts.
Where did I "down" his accomplishment? And, for the record, I just might have a little more experience than you think

This guy bought a used setup and installed it himself and made 430rwhp. His peak # shouldnt matter the most, its what he GAINED over his previous setup that shows how well his money was spent.
It took 2+ pages just to get the specs out of him....I wasn't even considering trying to get his cars history, I don't have that much time.

BTW, whatever happened to you flying down and beating Joshs' *** as you said to him through PM? Seems your tone changed a lil once he gave ya a call didnt it. Nothing like a keyboard warrior to take advice from.
Know your facts, I called him, and I'll still be there in a couple of weeks (week after Christmas, to be exact).

Take no offense from me Im just a down south Ga hick, while you..... well your comments on this board speak for themself.
I don't.......I think its (and you're) funny. My comments on the board? Ok, mister 30 days

Take it to PMs if you have anything else to say....
Old 12-11-2003, 08:20 PM
FormerVendor

Glad ya are coming, I personally am looking forward to meeting you.... BTW, if ya think ya got me with the 30 day comment, LMFAO, I guess thats all ya got on me huh. I mean after all you cant even post a dyno # in your sig, much less an ET...I was banned for reading the admin forums, not for rippping dumbasses like you apart publicly. This is a free forum and as long as you arent a sponsor paying the bills I can say whatever I want...... No need for a PM, Im done with you.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

thanks Cammin
i didnt install it myself ESP installed it i leave that stuff up to the experts
bone stock the car made 300hp
with lid,headers,exhaust it made 330 untuned
with h/c/tb/pulley it made 430 tuned
throught the exhaust idles great and sounds awsome as hell
12 bolt goes in in a few weeks then cage and suspension then sit and wait for spring
Old 12-11-2003, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

spanky, do you have a track time or a dyno # atleast. dude shut up. 430hp is a good # for a ls1 head set up. Pete at cartek made 460 with a stage 2x ls6 package. so Chevytat's #'s are right there. so do us all a favor dude and stop being a no it all.

Dan congrats again on the #'s, the spring will be fun.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

How am I a know it all that is any different from any of the other opinions (many of them the same) in this thread?

I never said his results were bad, just average for a H/C car these days, especially one with a large cam, IMO.

My sig will be updated, so all the crybabies can move on....
Old 12-11-2003, 09:55 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't leave you kids alone for 5 minutes

Spanky, why bring me into this thread to begin with in that quote? Me saying this his car would make 410-415 rwhp has NOTHING to do with you.

Know your facts, I called him, and I'll still be there in a couple of weeks (week after Christmas, to be exact).
You're right, you called me after I GAVE you my phone # and told you to call me like a man instead of playing back and forth over the keyboard. I didn't bother asking for you # since most keyboard warriors wont even give it to me. You then apologize for making those jackass comments(respectable) to someone that you have no clue about. You lost me on this above comment.....Are you implying something towards me?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't leave you kids alone for 5 minutes

Spanky, why bring me into this thread to begin with in that quote? Me saying this his car would make 410-415 rwhp has NOTHING to do with you.

You're right, you called me after I GAVE you my phone # and told you to call me like a man instead of playing back and forth over the keyboard. I didn't bother asking for you # since most keyboard warriors wont even give it to me. You then apologize for making those jackass comments(respectable) to someone that you have no clue about. You lost me on this above comment.....Are you implying something towards me?
I brought another person who was saying the same thing as I was into the post, not you directly. How is me saying that he would make 410-415 with a "real" rearend any different than you (or the others in this thread that said these numbers were "ok", not "great")? Why would Cammin' "attack" me for saying the same thing as others?

I did call you (like a man), and I apologized for getting carried away, just like you did. A "keyboard warrior" wouldn't have called you back in the first place. I am not implying anything about you, I was merely using your post as an example of someone else saying THE SAME THING as me, yet I get "attacked". (?) Reminds me of when I was in the second grade, when I liked a girl, I would pull her hair or aggravate her. I really think that somebody (s) has a crush on me.

I'll leave this thread alone as soon as I stop getting attacked, I have tried twice now to let this go and go to PMs if necessary, but noone will let it go....

Shawn
Old 12-11-2003, 10:18 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Shawn, you're just a likeable guy I guess......NOT
Old 12-11-2003, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Shawn, you're just a likeable guy I guess......NOT
I aim to please....