Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Induction's NEW cylinder heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:03 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
the rocker selection has nothing to do with valve location,but rather the location of the pushrod and rocker pivot compared to the valve location.
I think that is a contradiction. How can rocker selection have nothing to do with valve location, when the pivot and pushrod location are dependent on the valve's location?

While pivot location and pushrod location are influences on a rocker design, it seems valve location would be as well. Changing only one with a given rocker can lead to serious problems, like only half of the rocker tip sitting on the valve tip (extreme case). Therein lies my question: if they moved the valve centerlines, similar to the old "60/40" trick, how did they get it to work with stock rockers? Was it not enough to make any significant impact, or where other variables changed to accomodate?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I may be missing part of what you are saying, but L92 Intake rockers are offset.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
I think that is a contradiction. How can rocker selection have nothing to do with valve location, when the pivot and pushrod location are dependent on the valve's location?

While pivot location and pushrod location are influences on a rocker design, it seems valve location would be as well. Changing only one with a given rocker can lead to serious problems, like only half of the rocker tip sitting on the valve tip (extreme case). Therein lies my question: if they moved the valve centerlines, similar to the old "60/40" trick, how did they get it to work with stock rockers? Was it not enough to make any significant impact, or where other variables changed to accomodate?
you just proved my point with the 60/40 deal.they moved the valve locations but kept the same rockers-how did they do this?by changing the rocker pivot point on the head and the pushrod location.you can change the valve location in the heads and keep the same rockers arms as long as you change the rocker pivot location and pushrod location the same.

and yes if you only change one given you will have problems-that's why everything needs to be changed accordingly
Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That appears to be the old ETP pricing-alot of those do not exist now.I think Ed needs to update his site

I did this weekend Shawn. Probably misspelled a lot but what would you expect from an engineer, proper spelling?

Originally Posted by quik406
Hey. Ed do you have a stake in these heads?

Other than being able to sell the best products out there, I have no *stake* in Performance Induction. Why would you ask?

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
So what's going on with the heads?? Has any 215's on a SBE been tested??? If not I would be willing to test a set on the engine dyno, and chassis dyno, and then prove there power and back it up at the track!!!!! I really want some info on thes heads. Been looking for the best heads for my cam only car to turn it into a screaming H/C/I car.

Everyone wants free stuff. I guess when the utility companies, the tax man and the health insurance people give me free samples, I may be able to do that. Until they do, y'all gotta pay to play.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Curtis

I did this weekend Shawn. Probably misspelled a lot but what would you expect from an engineer, proper spelling?

Other than being able to sell the best products out there, I have no *stake* in Performance Induction. Why would you ask?

Everyone wants free stuff. I guess when the utility companies, the tax man and the health insurance people give me free samples, I may be able to do that. Until they do, y'all gotta pay to play.

Hahaha I am not looking for free just a set intime for Summer motor is out of the car and its getting prepped for heads. I just really want info on them before i buy them.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Curtis

"This is a business not a charity. Maybe one day Unicef will get into the head business but until then we are the people to see." ......Joe Dirt. LOL
Old 12-28-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

the rocker selection has nothing to do with valve location,but rather the location of the pushrod and rocker pivot compared to the valve location.
you can use ls3 rockers on stock ls1 heads if you put the pivot location and pushrod hole in the correct location for them

Have you actually done this on LS1/LS6 heads? How much do you charge for the machining and the stands if they are needed?

Thanks.

Jon
Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 AM
KCS

you just proved my point with the 60/40 deal.they moved the valve locations but kept the same rockers-how did they do this?by changing the rocker pivot point on the head and the pushrod location.
Did they? On factory iron SBC heads, when they moved the valve .060" (a little more than the thickness of a dime), did they plug up the old hole and redrill and tap a new pivot point for the stock stud mount rockers? Or maybe if you just move the guideplates over...

you can change the valve location in the heads and keep the same rockers arms as long as you change the rocker pivot location and pushrod location the same.
Well what if you don't change the pivot point? Contrary to your last post, that valve location becomes pretty important in rocker selection doesn't it? I'm not trying to argue theory or design here, I'm just asking a simple question as to the design of this particular head: what did they do to allow the use of stock rockers with altered valve centerlines? It was a question intended to coax a little more specific info as to the design of the head, not to start an argument.

and yes if you only change one given you will have problems-that's why everything needs to be changed accordingly
So we agree that valve location is important in rocker selection afterall?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KCS
Did they? On factory iron SBC heads, when they moved the valve .060" (a little more than the thickness of a dime), did they plug up the old hole and redrill and tap a new pivot point for the stock stud mount rockers? Or maybe if you just move the guideplates over...

Well what if you don't change the pivot point? Contrary to your last post, that valve location becomes pretty important in rocker selection doesn't it? I'm not trying to argue theory or design here, I'm just asking a simple question as to the design of this particular head: what did they do to allow the use of stock rockers with altered valve centerlines? It was a question intended to coax a little more specific info as to the design of the head, not to start an argument.

So we agree that valve location is important in rocker selection afterall?
you just don't get it man.

how is it that you can run an ls7 rocker on both a 4.00 bore etp ls7 and a 4.100 bore etp ls7 when they have different valve centerlines?valve location doesn't determine if the rocker uses an offset or not-pushrod location does.

look at it this way-if you have a rocker setup that works,then move the valve guide .060 to the left,then move the rocker pivot and the pushrod .060 to the left-everything is still in the same location relative to each other.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
Have you actually done this on LS1/LS6 heads? How much do you charge for the machining and the stands if they are needed?

Thanks.

Jon
actually i have been playing with a set for awhile in my spare time.trying to figure out how much i can get out of a set of 243's.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
KCS

you just don't get it man.
This is getting a bit off topic, PM sent.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Somebody please post some flow #'s when you get them.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
FormerVendor

I just sent cary a PM for a set of 6 bolt LS7s- Basically an order. I hate to post publicly, but I placed an order for 2 sets at ET, and never got them. I REALLY like their work, so Im going to hold his feet to the fire
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

One question i have is why do they offer a 225 version for the large bore engines 4.125 + and not the smaller bores.

Looking forward to getting a couple sets of these and would like to use the smaller runner sizes on the low 400 cube setups. Some of the set ups are too big for the 215's and not going to benefit from the flow capabilities of the 245's with the restrictive intake manifolds being used other than a sheet metal or carb manifold set up so is their anything in between or is that the only configs that will be available.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Collections Hold

Default yes

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
One question i have is why do they offer a 225 version for the large bore engines 4.125 + and not the smaller bores.

Looking forward to getting a couple sets of these and would like to use the smaller runner sizes on the low 400 cube setups. Some of the set ups are too big for the 215's and not going to benefit from the flow capabilities of the 245's with the restrictive intake manifolds being used other than a sheet metal or carb manifold set up so is their anything in between or is that the only configs that will be available.

we do offer the smaller ports in the larger bores. We can pretty much mix and match any of our port and chamber combos.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Launching!

I want to see time slips from the same car, Afr vs trickflow vs Performance Induction's

Not Big On Dyno #'s

I need real world #'s for that price

Bon
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vette0009
I want to see time slips from the same car, Afr vs trickflow vs Performance Induction's

Not Big On Dyno #'s

I need real world #'s for that price

Bon
Send the the heads and i will do this for you and am sure my buddy chrs1313 will try it out on his auto car as well.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KCS
This is getting a bit off topic, PM sent.
KCS,

They have a custom rocker arm stand and the rockers are simply moved along with the valve centerlines so stock rockers can be used and still be perfectly lined up.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think these heads are going to be great as were the other heads Cary has done. I think they will especially shine on the larger stuff as previously there just weren't heads even like this out there!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cary@Perf-Induction
we do offer the smaller ports in the larger bores. We can pretty much mix and match any of our port and chamber combos.
Thanks Cary ill be ordering a set of 225 castings with a 62 cc chamber for a 4.01 bore and a healthy doses of N02. Most of the other combos will also be small bore setups so the mix and match options will allow us to vary up each built to optimum performance. I'm a big fan of the ETP head and now that you have taken over the reigns and improved a proven product with your PI offerings it looks like its going to be a record breaking year.

Thanks
Tommy

Quick Reply: Performance Induction's NEW cylinder heads