Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cam???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Locks and Retainers..I see..maybe...Not seats or bases I guess..on a high lift or fast reving engine..coil binding happends..broken rockers and springs..

Not sure what you mean with the first part of this post.
As far as high lift or fast reving engines(fast ramp rate lobes) causing coil bind or broken springs. A properly installed set of springs will far out last the biggest and baddest springs that are just thrown in.Provided you match the right springs to the right lobes. I really cant image Pac1518s with stock hardware being an issue with the ms3.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As cheap as Retainers and Locks are..I cant see geting new ones..They rarely is a problem with them new or used but..it cant hurt..thats what I was geting at..I agree as far as installing the springs correctly but they can wear out..and if someone drives the hell out of their car..its a good idea to go just a hair bigger and go with good stuff.

Example.. MS4 .649 Lift on the intake side...650 lift sprigsn..thats cuting it damn close..I went with .660s..last a bit longer..I think..but Im not an engine expert at all just what I think that makes since