Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vindicator....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vindicator....

not sure if this is the right place to post but i have some questions about the vindicator cam. I have a forged 347 with an ms3 size cam and tsp stage 2.5 5.3L heads. i was going to switch it out for a vindicator but was told it was too big of a cam for my application. is this true?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What gears are u running or plan on getting? That cam with those heads may require fly cutting but it might just barley clear as well.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best bet is to contact Vengeance racing, those guys build performance engines and do a lot of really really cool stuff..and since its their cam...you would be best served by talking to the people who designed it...JMO
Old 01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had that cam in a 347 and I am here to tell you... It will walk all over the MS3. Its a cam that loves to breathe though, so if you intend on getting into the meat of it, you need to make sure the in and out of your power plant is up to it. Nice headers and a good FAST manifold, and definitely a 3.73 or lower gear ratio will have you living large.

You really need to get in touch with a good tuner as well, someone willing to put some seat time into getting all of the buck and surge out of it..
You won't be sorry with that cam man... go for it.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Do your pistons have any reliefs in them? I am running TSP LS6 2.5 head milled .046 GM gaskets and switched to the vindicator. Havnt tuned it yet so cant say on drivability. Oh I also have a -4cc piston, And All supporting mods for it.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you asking will the Vindicator physically fit or is it the right camshaft for you?

If you are asking will it fit, nobody on the internet can help you there. Head gaskets/piston design/pistons in/out of the hole/intake valve sizing etc etc are all going to effect P/V

Now if you are asking if the Vindicator is the cam for you personally tell us this... .

Manual or automatic
Stall size if auto
Rear Gear
Intake/Exhaust set up
Driving habits

The Vindicator is a BADASS camshaft in a 347 but it does require excellent intake/exhaust flow and a steep gear for optimal performance. In an auto you would be best off with a 4000+ stall converter.. Manual transmission you want atleadt a 4:10 gear... Dont get me wrong, we have built Vindicator cars with 3:42s, but you do not get the full benefit from a combo like this.

Best of luck on your decision. If you decide the Vindicator fits the bill give me a call. I will be happy to help you out.

Originally Posted by z2h8t
not sure if this is the right place to post but i have some questions about the vindicator cam. I have a forged 347 with an ms3 size cam and tsp stage 2.5 5.3L heads. i was going to switch it out for a vindicator but was told it was too big of a cam for my application. is this true?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:06 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^There is your contact point.^^^^^
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Vindicator Here In a stock LS6 Long block with bolt on's. And It Moves out...... Going H/C/I this winter!!!! Can not wait to see what it put's down......
This was with the cam and stock 243's LS6 heads...... https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...r-boltons.html
And my track time's with the cam and stock Ls6 setup...... https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...bout-time.html
If you have any Q: feel free to ask me...

Rob
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

I've read all about the vindicator and decided it was right for me along time ago after watching countless vids and hearing so much positive feedback about it. i called tsp when i ordered my heads ( PRC stage 2.5 5.3L 59cc cut milled down to reach 11:1) and they said that it will not fit. also talked to a really knowledgeable performance shop owner locally and he said it was too big of a cam. I'm asking if it will physically clear with my set up. Forged 347 Diamond -2cc pistons, eagal rods LS6 intake long tubes through duals. M6 with stock 3.42 gears and all the other supporting mods (bolt on's maf etc.)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

car is driven mostly on weekends... wouldn't really call it a dd....
Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 AM
12 Second Club

The Vindicator is a big cam, but noone can really call it out say yes or no. Having those pistons does give you more room. But until installed/degreed. For me-My block isnt decked, pistons(Mahle-4cc) out of hole is .007. Heads milled .046 with a .051 gasket. Just would hate to see you put it in and not check PTV and have a mess. Some do run this with stock un touched heads and no problem. Some have to flycut. I do DD my car. Its a handfull when it rains. Then I curse myself for not driving my truck. I am running TEA/TF springs with mine on a newer set of TSP 2.6 LS6 heads(2.05/1.57). But they have the bigger valves the used to run. Just have your guy install it-check PTV(which he should be doing anyways) and if she clears. Tune it and enjoy.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i installed a vindicator in my car last year with a buddy. i have an ls6 intake, 36 pound fast injectors 255 walbro, a fluidamper and pacetter lts with ory and slp lm2 exhaust. i switch from 853 to 241 heads with mls head gaskets and we had to fly cut. car is still untuned unitl spring due to i wasnt putting money into my ten bolt for 4:11s so this year i have a moser 9inch with 4:11s and full suspension. ive seem to hit every area of the car as a cam only car goes other than a fast intake but im not looking to spend that kind of money right now to just ditch it in the future. So hopefully she will run strong.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just clearing isnt all you need to account for fwiw. Account for valve float since it CAN happen.

Quick Reply: vindicator....