Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much horse power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 06:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much horse power?

How much horse power can I expect to get out of full bolt on's and heads cam and a FAST intake I was hopeing for 500hp I want a bad a$$ cam with a rough rough idel! I have a supra and silva running around and I want to be able to **** with them if not beat them.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** huh, i have heard of cars pulling 450 rwhp with a heads and cam set up. But it's not just heads and cam, with that power youll need a 12 bolt, or at least from the way i drive you would. Good set of headers, a nice free flowing exhuast, some good tuning, ported tb, some sort of lid, pullie, and so on. Lastly your going to need traction to beat those cars if they are modified. I would worry more about the supra, most silvias are good road race cars, unless thats what you want to do.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said ****, LOL But 500 hp is not that realistic, maybe 400 to 450hp.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is this car gonna be a daily or a strip car. the 500rwhp mark can be hit or very close to it on stock cubes but i'll take mucho ****** denero' and pretty much be a strip car considering its powerband will be 4500-7k. then not to mention the tranny and rear upgrades that'll be needed. and always remember someone out there is always faster then you , you try keep up and you'll go broke. also you didnt say what tranny you have? built up your setup (stall/clutch, 12 bolt, full bolt ons) and then look into a decent h/c package and a 200 shot.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:47 PM
RMB
On The Tree

go for somthing realistic and driveable....all the free mods and bolt ons. go 5.3l stage 2 heads from the co of your chioce along with a 230 or so cam......should be low to mid 400s with long tubes....then spray it 125shot and boom you should be in the low 11s or high 10s maybe better if you have an auto with a nice set up there too. good luck
Old 01-09-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this thread would be easier to answer if we knew what heads and what cam you wanted. But maybe that's just me that wants that info before spouting out number I've pulled from my ***
Old 01-09-2004, 03:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am thinking about afr heads but I want to see if thay are worth it so I am not dead set on one set and I thought about getting a custom cam LSX intake long tubes true duals and all bolt on's. Any idea of what I could do at the track after I get all that I am not gonna do anything else till I get a 9
inch. I am not gonna wast the money to put gears in the rearend I have now. How long will the rearend last with those up grades? Could I spray a 120 shot with heads and cam without blowing my engine?
Old 01-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Launching!

I actually didn't notice Raptor had indicated whether he was talking 500 HP at the crank or wheels. This would be good to establish...
Old 01-09-2004, 03:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We can't throw out numbers by you just giving us "this brand of heads, and some form of a custom grind cam" Just not my style to throw dyno numbers out my ***. I don't know what heads you are going with, no idea what cam you are going with, no idea what gears you're going with, too many unknowns here.

Also don't pick a cam for how it sounds at idle, you'll end up un happy. Lumpy idle doesn't mean fast car.

Also I doubt you'll see 500RWHP N/A. So far thats only been done on stock cubes with a solid roller setup.

You really need to sit down and decide what your goals are for this car instead of just picking a dyno number.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:58 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackWS602
We can't throw out numbers by you just giving us "this brand of heads, and some form of a custom grind cam" Just not my style to throw dyno numbers out my ***. I don't know what heads you are going with, no idea what cam you are going with, no idea what gears you're going with, too many unknowns here.

Also don't pick a cam for how it sounds at idle, you'll end up un happy. Lumpy idle doesn't mean fast car.

Also I doubt you'll see 500RWHP N/A. So far thats only been done on stock cubes with a solid roller setup.

You really need to sit down and decide what your goals are for this car instead of just picking a dyno number.

go with S3 heads a 240/240 .630/.630 106lsa cam and you'll make plent of power

seriously dude, take the time out and do the research. the afr heads and lsx intake arent even out yet so all there is, is just speculation for now.

and if your serious about the track then drop your money into your rear end and stall/clutch. power isnt everything in the 1/4. whats the point of getting a **** load of power and then having to baby it since your rear end and/or clutch is gonna take a ****** dump if you get on it.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just wanted a rough idea of what to expect out of those mods but I under stand were all of you are coming from. I wont be able to do any thing till april anyway I am in Iraq right now I just wanted another opinion. I dont know if custom cam is the way to go or what is good or bad for an LS1. All I know is what I read off of the wed. I know what will make power but I want the most out of what I can. I can wait for mods as long as it is for the right ones. I dont want to buy some thing and find out I could have had something better or the right part if I would have waited. Do ya'll understand were I am coming from?
Old 01-09-2004, 10:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we dont even know what to expect from your mods so how can we tell you?...your talking afr heads(not out) lsx intake(not out) custom cam(no specs) how the hell would we know what it would do?

lata
Bill
Old 01-09-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand where you are coming from. But with no real information, we can't give you any real estimates.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I will be over 500 rwhp once I get the F.A.S.T intake .. right now I am at 491 hp and 430 tq. it car idles great and drives well around town
Old 01-09-2004, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

could go with the g5x3 and maybe some pp stage 2 ls6 heads with full bolt ons, those cams have put down some serious numbers