Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cam!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 298 Likes on 209 Posts

Why go through all this get a 5lbs bottle set up a 75 shot do this with hidden solenoids and a covert set up where no one sees the bottle and you are all there. It sure hell beats having to do a cam exchange just to edge him out. Just my .02
Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02*C5
Why go through all this get a 5lbs bottle set up a 75 shot do this with hidden solenoids and a covert set up where no one sees the bottle and you are all there. It sure hell beats having to do a cam exchange just to edge him out. Just my .02
yea i second this, cheapest quickest option! but no need to hide it between friends, just dont let it outta the bag til you whoop him Just dont be surprised if he pills up to! lol..

Bigger cam... Do you really wanna deal with valve springs with a huge cam and how short they will last? Do you wanna deal with worse street manners? If your looking for an edge on your friend it is possible that your edge wont last for long... he will likely change his cam also if you do. i mean he already dropped to coin on AFR's... Then you guys are back to square one with worse street manners... lol. you put on nitrous he probably will too, but alteast you havnt lost any driveability. In the end it all depends on how much money each of you will be willing to spend. it could get expensive between friends trying to outdo one another.

Another option is you keep the same setup and just prove your a better driver/setup car! I guess what i am trying to say is if your happy with your setup i wouldnt mess with it internally just to try and get an edge and end up with a car you may not be happy with...
Old 07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...nderdrive.html

I said he knew how to make power, I'm not his business partner.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread came back again?!