Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRICKFLOW as cast 220 59cc heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TRICKFLOW as cast 220 59cc heads

Has anyone used stock rockers with this head? If so could u let me know what u did to get the stands to work?
Old 08-15-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXHawk
Has anyone used stock rockers with this head? If so could u let me know what u did to get the stands to work?
IIRC Shane from Thunder Racing (XtraCajunSS) knows how to set these up with stock rockers. Might give them a call or a pm.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just went ahead and tried it. I used a 7.450 pushrod, stock guides, and rockers. everything seems find and sounds good.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I have been thinking about getting some of those. Let us know how they perform.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

vengeance sells stock rockers upgraded ,with their 220cc head/ cam combo.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by garygnu
vengeance sells stock rockers upgraded ,with their 220cc head/ cam combo.
yeah i know but after the experience with the 2 bad yella terra this guy bought he really doesnt want to get screwed by them anymore.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

So because of a bad part? How is it Thier fault? Just wondering?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tillery
So because of a bad part? How is it Thier fault? Just wondering?
because he bought them from him and if u buy something from somebody and they know that the parts are bad dont u think they should step up and stand behind what they sell?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Definitely. I had just read elsewhere what happened. I'm going to do the kit from thunder racing for my heads. I don't want to run into same situation with YTs I have.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

I thought those heads used a longer pushrod, like a 7.8 or something. Am I smoking crack?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I thought those heads used a longer pushrod, like a 7.8 or something. Am I smoking crack?
no when i put the yella terras on they had 7.5 pushrods
Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

because he bought them from him and if u buy something from somebody and they know that the parts are bad dont u think they should step up and stand behind what they sell?
FWIW, I have not been made aware of any failures in the past month other than a shop in Canada losing a YT on a CTSV... We have NO problem "stepping up" if there is an issue. Unfortunately we did not manufacture the product nor did we install it so I really cant see Vengeance being to blame on a failure...

That being said, we have been seeing a trend with the YT rockers and are now installing shims kits/trunion kits on the stock rockers and avoiding the YTs all together until this issue gets resolved!!!!!

If we can help anyone who has had a failure do not hesitate to contact us.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

To use stock rocker stands on TFS heads you need to mill off the locator tabs on the stands as the rocker bosses are enlarged on the TFS heads and the locator tabs will not clear... Place nintey thoustandths shims under the rocker stands and bolt on the stock rockers... You will need to measure for proper pushrod length at this point....
Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
FWIW, I have not been made aware of any failures in the past month other than a shop in Canada losing a YT on a CTSV... We have NO problem "stepping up" if there is an issue. Unfortunately we did not manufacture the product nor did we install it so I really cant see Vengeance being to blame on a failure...

That being said, we have been seeing a trend with the YT rockers and are now installing shims kits/trunion kits on the stock rockers and avoiding the YTs all together until this issue gets resolved!!!!!

If we can help anyone who has had a failure do not hesitate to contact us.
All I want to know is why would u guys only send this guy one replacement when the whole set was know to be the bad batch? If yella terra admits to having a bad batch and failured did accure like it did I feel he should have gotten a new set. the first failure cost him almost 500.00 and now this time around with him buying another set of rockers off u and buying what was needed to install them he has over 500 in them. I sent u guys an email asking what all was needed to install the new comp rockers u sent him and I never got a response. that email was sent on Aug 1 2010. I would just like to know why he never got a new set and only got replacements? Also I did understand that parts do fail but when someone produces a part and admits that there is a problem they atleast should make it right.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

It seems your issue lies more with Yella Terra than Vengeance Racing from what Im reading. Yella Terra instructed us to replace the broken rockers and went as far as crediting a set of rockers to us to use for replacements... The issue I have is the "bad batch" was quite a while ago and the failures continue to happen. Again, we do not manufacture this product. We are resellers. We still stand behind our customers and do everything we can to make any "wrongs" a right.... Unfortunately we are limited to what we can do based on the manufacturer. I will say that Yella Terra has done an excellent job in taking care of customers for the most part, but as said above the failures continue and I dont think this is a "bad batch" at this point.

All I want to know is why would u guys only send this guy one replacement when the whole set was know to be the bad batch? If yella terra admits to having a bad batch and failured did accure like it did I feel he should have gotten a new set. the first failure cost him almost 500.00 and now this time around with him buying another set of rockers off u and buying what was needed to install them he has over 500 in them. I sent u guys an email asking what all was needed to install the new comp rockers u sent him and I never got a response. that email was sent on Aug 1 2010. I would just like to know why he never got a new set and only got replacements? Also I did understand that parts do fail but when someone produces a part and admits that there is a problem they atleast should make it right.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
It seems your issue lies more with Yella Terra than Vengeance Racing from what Im reading. Yella Terra instructed us to replace the broken rockers and went as far as crediting a set of rockers to us to use for replacements... The issue I have is the "bad batch" was quite a while ago and the failures continue to happen. Again, we do not manufacture this product. We are resellers. We still stand behind our customers and do everything we can to make any "wrongs" a right.... Unfortunately we are limited to what we can do based on the manufacturer. I will say that Yella Terra has done an excellent job in taking care of customers for the most part, but as said above the failures continue and I dont think this is a "bad batch" at this point.
U only set him 2 u didnt replace the whole set like so many on here of said they have had. Its just like my dell laptop I have when I needed to get it fixed dell wouldnt do anything about it. I had to take it back to the company I purchased it from. that practice right there is what is supposed to be done when u sell a product. When u buy a new car from gm, fords, whatever company u dont take it right to gm u take it to the place that sold it for them. If ur going to sell a product then u should atleast stand behind it and give some type of customer service. This guy spent alot of money with u guys and u should have taken better care of the problem for him. Now all u want to do is play the blame game. I could understand if this was a used part but this was brand new stuff. My point is he should have gotten a brand new set like so many members on here have gotten. Instead all he got was 2 replacements. U guys took forever to return his call and took forever to get the parts to him. After this second round of rocker failure u guys sell him a set of comps and tell him they will bolt right up. U forgot to mention that he needed the install kit and different pushrods. Now I know u guys are a good shop to deal with and have alot of fast rides out there. I also understand that u guys are really busy but one thing that upset me the most about this cituation was the way things were handled. My opinion which is my opinion I feel things should have been handled better. Sometimes people perfer to buy from the middle man because the middle man will give u better service then the actual company and thats the reason why that guy bought from u.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

U only set him 2 u didnt replace the whole set like so many on here of said they have had. Its just like my dell laptop I have when I needed to get it fixed dell wouldnt do anything about it. I had to take it back to the company I purchased it from. that practice right there is what is supposed to be done when u sell a product. When u buy a new car from gm, fords, whatever company u dont take it right to gm u take it to the place that sold it for them. If ur going to sell a product then u should atleast stand behind it and give some type of customer service. This guy spent alot of money with u guys and u should have taken better care of the problem for him. Now all u want to do is play the blame game. I could understand if this was a used part but this was brand new stuff. My point is he should have gotten a brand new set like so many members on here have gotten. Instead all he got was 2 replacements. U guys took forever to return his call and took forever to get the parts to him. After this second round of rocker failure u guys sell him a set of comps and tell him they will bolt right up. U forgot to mention that he needed the install kit and different pushrods. Now I know u guys are a good shop to deal with and have alot of fast rides out there. I also understand that u guys are really busy but one thing that upset me the most about this cituation was the way things were handled. My opinion which is my opinion I feel things should have been handled better. Sometimes people perfer to buy from the middle man because the middle man will give u better service then the actual company and thats the reason why that guy bought from u.
yea FWIW, I don't believe any sponsor on here should be installing the YT's until the issue is resolved on YT's side. In which case I mean newly improved rockers being released. The shop I go to refuses to install these rockers due to their own cars having YT's snap off multiple times, and they ARE a sponsor on the board. I also think its BS the guy got stiffed only getting 2 rockers replaced from YT, maybe Vengeance could have fought harder for a whole set? (Not saying they didn't I don't know that side of the story)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djfury05
yea FWIW, I don't believe any sponsor on here should be installing the YT's until the issue is resolved on YT's side. In which case I mean newly improved rockers being released. The shop I go to refuses to install these rockers due to their own cars having YT's snap off multiple times, and they ARE a sponsor on the board. I also think its BS the guy got stiffed only getting 2 rockers replaced from YT, maybe Vengeance could have fought harder for a whole set? (Not saying they didn't I don't know that side of the story)
I agree about no one should be installing yella terras. I wont be using them on any of my rides and I took them off the blazer we run. I personally think that the best rocker to use is the stockers with the upgrade trunion bearings. Also dont want this to turn into a bashing fest I just want this customer to get what he deserves.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

ron - do you guys have the shim kits in stock ??
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

We do have the shims in stock. We have made one piece shims to go under the entire length of the rocker pedastal for ease of installation. As mentioned above we are not installing YT rockers on any vehicles we build and we are cautioning any customer who calls to purchase them outright.

LSXHawk, In a perfect world your logic works for me. I would LOVE to replace the entire set for free everytime someone calls with a failure. Unfortunately my hands are tied... YT did authorize complete replacements when there was an "isolated batch problem"... At this point it is more than an isolated batch. I think we all know that....
Please PM me the customer you are talking about so I can look into this a bit more. I respond to all emails within 48 hours and if someones vehicle is not running due to a failure of a part we sold I do everything I can to get them up and running ASAP.

Originally Posted by SSmoken
ron - do you guys have the shim kits in stock ??

Quick Reply: TRICKFLOW as cast 220 59cc heads