Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 cam / intake only... maybe a catback

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah for sure headers,and tune, when you ported your tb did you grind down the throttle stop a lil,just grind it down a lil so the blade opens all the way,you will be very happy with that cam with longtubes,and ory,just run gutted cats,emissions is pretty easy to get around as long as you not in CA, you could always run a magnaflow bullet dumped at the y untill you save up for a catback,
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Car is now tuned (by frost) Guy did a badass job. Great communication, good results, best customer service i've ever had. Steve is just a really friendly helpful guy. I did the mail order variety and am very pleased. He advised he has tuned this cam many times and it shows in the tune.

Next step is going to be 4:11's I think. i have a set of SLP gears a buddy gave me that are in good shape. Going to have a local shop put them in, not big on the idea of trying to shim that myself.

I am not really keen on the idea of doing long tubes for the sheer hassle of fitting them and then going to an ory. I have the TSP rumbler catback and I'm told that sounds like SH** without cats.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your happy with the car. Tunning is a big deal with vehicles once you modify them. Its like night and day difference from fuel economy to horsepower and throttle response.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back from the dead....

Just did 4:10's and bbk long tubes/ory (1 5/8) and a borla exhaust I removed from a car i flipped. She goes like a scalded rat now. I think the profile of this cam was completely handicapped by the stock headers. Now need a dyno tune realllll bad.

Quick Reply: ls1 cam / intake only... maybe a catback