Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged motor blown up....shop does not care!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't read the full post but up till 7k miles with it smoking and eating up coolant was a sign to not spray it and take them to small claims with another builder backing you as it's a piece of crap how many new cars you see doing this up to 7 k miles none!! Common sense sorry to hear cheap part expensive parts pro built or not things break
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Brandon, Im REALLY surprised... not that ANOTHER LEP motor has broken with little miles... or that another person was overlooked when asking for service... or that inside the broken motor another person found cheap parts, or even that another person was told it was all their fault... Im just shocked YOU of all people are having problems with Garth. I swear, I think Brandon's account was hijacked, i woulda sworn you two were best of friends.

What doesnt surprise me is Garth ducking and weaving once he has your money and your car is busted. That seems like a normal practice when things go wrong.

Sucks bro! Good luck getting it taken care of, we still need to line up!

Read the threads. We have offered to fix the engine....
You are still SLOW!!!

PS: You could of got some traffic on the old LVCFO from this BS thread. Oh but it's no longer up.

2nd PS: Did I mention you are still really slow..

Last edited by VegasLSX; 10-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Wow its been a long time since I lived in Vegas and was apart of that group. I am surprised to see the fighting and arguing and surprised at both the OP and Garth. Obviously I have no idea what happened, its just a shame to see the fighting.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

I feel the oil and coolant consumption issues should have been addressed before ANY racing was done..
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VincesSS
I feel the oil and coolant consumption issues should have been addressed before ANY racing was done..
I agree but unfortunately the majoirty of people have 0 common sense. hence why we have these dumbass posts where the OP sprays his car with these issues and wonders why its broke.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

should have done your research dude...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't matter how expensive the piston is. Put any piston thru detonation, a lean condition, or pre-ignition it will eventually fail, even if it is forged. Most "expensive " pistons can tolerate these conditions a little longer than "cheaper" pistons. Excessive heat or a improperly gapped ring end gap can or will lift a ring land.

It doesn't seem like a very bright idea to run a motor hard if it is using oil and antifreeze. Something is wrong. Did you even give the motor a chance to let the rings seat before you beat the **** out of it ? As for the anitfreeze, if it was eatin antifreeze that could have caused the ring land to lift also due to a hydro-lock situation.

Seems like a very poor decision on your part to make passes in the car if the motor doesn't seem right and then come back and bash the engine builder.

Why dont you people handle **** the old fassion way face to face in person. Why are you all so quick to run to the message boards and attempt to make each other look like **** ?

Last edited by LilSlo1; 10-29-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VincesSS
This should be common sense.

OP,
Old 10-29-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LilSlo1

It doesn't seem like a very bright idea to run a motor hard if it is using oil and antifreeze. Something is wrong. Did you even give the motor a chance to let the rings seat before you beat the **** out of it ? As for the anitfreeze, if it was eatin antifreeze that could have caused the ring land to lift also due to a hydro-lock situation.

Seems like a very poor decision on your part to make passes in the car if the motor doesn't seem right and then come back and bash the engine builder.

Why dont you people handle **** the old fassion way face to face in person. Why are you all so quick to run to the message boards and attempt to make each other look like **** ?

First off, I did let it break in. I babied it for 1000 miles. Next, the builder told me, that after I complained about the smoke and coolant issue, "if it broke they would fix it, no biggie." That is why I went on my way driving the car and running it.

We did talk and try to come to an agreement, but it did not work out. That is why I brought it to the boards.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think if it was in fact not what he paid for, he would post a receipt along with pictures of the wrong components for a good "you're phucked" way to finish the thread... but he hasnt. weird?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

I hate to hear that, I had a similar situation a few years ago, got an attorney,a nd Im still waiting.. You may have to chalk this one up as a learning experience
Old 10-30-2010, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not taking anyone's side but Diamonds are not cheap pistons at all and they are 2618 alloy as well so you might have an even thicker custom piston made for sure but those pistons are not super weak or anything at all that you already had.

Second when you see burned up pistons and missing ground straps on any engine and it's used NOS ever I have never ever heard of any shop whatsoever offering any kind of warranty work on it. Again not saying anything about your exact situation but just in general.

Pistons do not burn up on their own and missing ground straps on plugs and moly blown off are both evidence of extreme detonation. Like has been said NOS is not something that ever increases reliability on any piston and it's easy to have things go wrong and then pistons melt fast.

PS. If the bores have to be honed larger to clean the cylinder up, Diamond can make a piston in a lil larger for you though as well for only a lil more so you don't have to pay for custom pistons. Also I don't know if they would balance back out but Wiseco's K398X3905 piston has a thicker top land than any other shelf piston but you might have to weld in some more weight to the crank. They have nitrided steel rings suitable for NOS as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DaveX
To be fair to both sides, it sounds like there is more to the story. How is anyone on the internet to know the truth? It would be unfair to pick sides, and sounds like a personal problem that needs to be resolved between the OP and the shop. For all we know the car was sprayed on a daily basis until it finally blew up.
This!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kmracer
this thread is dumb.

And this!

Last edited by BLOWNALKY01; 10-30-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by racer7088
Not taking anyone's side but Diamonds are not cheap pistons at all and they are 2618 alloy as well so you might have an even thicker custom piston made for sure but those pistons are not super weak or anything at all that you already had.

Second when you see burned up pistons and missing ground straps on any engine and it's used NOS ever I have never ever heard of any shop whatsoever offering any kind of warranty work on it. Again not saying anything about your exact situation but just in general.

Pistons do not burn up on their own and missing ground straps on plugs and moly blown off are both evidence of extreme detonation. Like has been said NOS is not something that ever increases reliability on any piston and it's easy to have things go wrong and then pistons melt fast.

PS. If the bores have to be honed larger to clean the cylinder up, Diamond can make a piston in a lil larger for you though as well for only a lil more so you don't have to pay for custom pistons. Also I don't know if they would balance back out but Wiseco's K398X3905 piston has a thicker top land than any other shelf piston but you might have to weld in some more weight to the crank. They have nitrided steel rings suitable for NOS as well.

Great point.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.desertmusclelv.net/index.php?showtopic=2189

Read this thread.

We are finding out more and more about this shop. Does not even have a busniess license. Just some more facts.

Never said my diamond pistons were junk, just not the ones I was supposed to have for a built 400 shot. The ones I have in my motor are for small nitrous applications.

Last edited by TransAm2002; 10-30-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 09camaro383
This guy is a retard we are talking about his F**king shop and the only thing he post is this coment what a looser!!
This is what I was thinking. Pretty arrogant if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasLSX
Read the threads. We have offered to fix the engine....
You are still SLOW!!!

PS: You could of got some traffic on the old LVCFO from this BS thread. Oh but it's no longer up.

2nd PS: Did I mention you are still really slow..
Did you guys install the correct parts he paid for?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats funny because I got a customer car from Navada in my shop now that graced that shop. To the op good luck with your issues.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Did you guys install the correct parts he paid for?
YES. Without a doubt. The OP has opted us not to fix his engine. We offered but was denied. Good luck with his future builds.

Last edited by VegasLSX; 10-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Forged motor blown up....shop does not care!!