On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
And the plot thickens...
+1!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent this guy a message on craigslist asking for VIN to check some history on the car and his reply was " I will not give out VIN for security reasons". Sounds like he is full of **** or scammer. Anybody that is serious or legit about selling a car should not have a problem with giving out VIN info. There is nothing anyone can do with it but check carfax, warranty history, or authenticity of vehicle.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds too good to be a real intimidator SS. That car should be going for $31k not $11k
Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if someone asked you for your vin over the internet you prob wouldn't want to give it out either. Seeing as you have all these hackers that can get your IP address and from that find out where you live. Get a key cut for the vin number and steal his car.

Maybe he's being a little protective. Give him a call, and show him your interested.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

what the hell is the deal with the car , keep us informed , and get some pics.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bjamick
Well if someone asked you for your vin over the internet you prob wouldn't want to give it out either. Seeing as you have all these hackers that can get your IP address and from that find out where you live. Get a key cut for the vin number and steal his car.

Maybe he's being a little protective. Give him a call, and show him your interested.
I offered for him to contact me by phone.If he called I would have been glad to show proof that I am a Law Enforcement Officer and not somebody looking to steal his car. He did not call only sent the email response. He did not have a contact number listed and did not offer which tells me he is full of it. The fact is if he really knows what he has and is worried about what you are saying then I doubt very seriously that he would be giving the car away basically, at that price. With all the info available on the net now about market values on vehicles there is know way in hell he wouldn't know the car is worth much more. He can't plead ignorance because he obviously knows how to navigate the web or he wouldn't be posting on craigslist. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they won't deal with you by phone or in person, it's obviously a scam. If it's near by, e-mail him back and say that you want to drive the car, and ask where you can meet to test drive it. When and if you see it in person, do the obvious and check for all the GMMG stuff, VIN, ect.

He'll probably respond saying for some bullshit reason you need to send him money via paypal, moneygram, or western union
Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Pretty sure I'd be telling that guy to kiss a fat babys ***. Anytime I've told someone on craigslist to call me and they just kept emailing me back it was a scam. Just my experience with bs like this