Sponsored by:

JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
The first time you mash that go pedal it will be worth the wait
Lol, that is exactly what I keep telling myself, those exact words. But after half a year it becomes harder and harder. You start to get seriously bummed out when you are still driving a bolt on car after spending 5 figures.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bryan can I have a copy of the timing tables (high and low) that are in BLK01WS6 car? I dont feel comforatble with the 32 max that is in there now. I can put it in myself as I have my own version of edit.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:02 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

I'm off this forum, anyone that needs to contact me call. I didn't have to be here, I wanted to but there is more to this story then meets the eye.

Joe.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RESTOMAN
mike--

i don't think this was a good thread,but this is what people do now instead of calling in person i guess.

i thought joe prince said you could of sent the engine up and cylinder heads when you had a problem,because i said he could do it here.
it would of been repaired here at no charge just like he said he would,and he would of looked at the heads.

flow benches and dynos are tools not gospel just so you understand that too.
they help when doing performance work.

i can't believe your heads flow that low and still make the power,but it is possible i guess.

to be honest with you,i really don't want him doing anything with those heads here,nor do i want to be involved--i tried the first time to help you out and was letting joe do the repairs here,but i can't be constantly having my ***** crushed.

sorry i can't help you--

joe d.

I dont blame you JD because I have become a serious pain in the ***. FWIW I did call JPR and he said that he would make my heads flow what is advertised for the HVLD heads which is 305 to 310 cfm at .550 ,, I do realize
that dyno's and flow benches are tools but my heads flowed 268.2 @.700 so at .700 lift my heads flow 35-40 cfm lower than what they should flow at .550
Thats a hell of alot to write it off as a "tool" variance. You guys keep overlooking that my cam is really big for a 346 and that combined with my 60cc chambers which works out to 11.2 to 11.3 compression ratio and it does not seem unreasonable that I got 437hp although I am still anxious to see what is on that pcm cause I bet it has a shitload of timing.

Like I have said in my previous threads here is all of the issues I have a had so far with JPR and this is why I am so pissed
I came up there for the "package"
I paid for the "package" for the "install" and for the "dyno tune"

During my install my motor was drained of Mobil 1 and filled with Grey Wolf lol!
My coolant system was drained with nice clean dexcool and filled with dirty dexcool. I had to help JPR with my install on top of all this because he was tired!!

Part of the package was an LS1 edit dyno tune. I received a flash tune.
I was told that I would be told the cam specs when I got up there. I just found out what the cam specs really are!!

Oh yeah and the best part is that my car lasted 2000 miles after the "package" 1200 of these miles was my trip back to Florida lol.

Now all this time I thought my heads were really good so at least I had that right?? Well I get them checked and guess what I find?? Well my compression is up nearly a point from the 10.5 to 1 which is advertised on his site and my heads do not flow anywhere near what is advertised.

Yes you guys did offer to replace any damaged piston with a stock replacement. I also expressed my concern regarding needing a new bore/hone to make new rings sealed as well as my heads repaired and a new tune, and I also requested a paper trail then from you guys. I sent you an email asking that you only say yes to what you agreed to over the phone which would be stock replacement parts and a bore/hone , a new safe computer tune , and my heads to be repaired because of the piston material on them not because they flowed bad. here is the reply I got.

mike i will replace any damaged pistons with stock replacements--which is the same you have as i told you on the phone.
i can take a look at anything else you would like after it gets here.

please don't forget to send the computer so i can check over the program.

best regards,
joe prince

Hmmm to me that means you guys are not gonna do anything except plop some probably used pistons/rings in there and call it a day. Now I did not say anything bad about you or JPR in this post until after he neglected to send me a paper trail via emial confirming what he agreed to over the phone so I will post my email here and hope that maybe I can get a confirmation this way since JPR did agree to give me the paper trail I want.

Hi Joe Prince, per our phone conversation I just want to confirm that you will repair my heads if they do not flow to the HVLD spec which is between 305cfm -310cfm at .550 lift on a 3.905 bore meaning that you will do whatever is necessary free of charge to make my heads flow to this spec. Also my heads were CC'd at 60cc's which would mean that my compression is also much higher than the advertised compression of 10.5 :1 for the HVLD cylinder heads. If upon your inspection my heads are indeed at 60cc's you agreed to replace my cylinder heads with a set of new ones that are milled correctly to attain the 10.5 :1 ratio which is 64.43 cc's, you also agreed that this new set of heads will flow to the above mentioned HVLD spec and that the new heads will be free of charge. You also agreed to pay for shipping both to and from JD's shop.

Now if you guys want to stand behind your work do it now and garantee that I will get a good set of heads by simply agreeing to what I have wrote above.

or If you really want to make me happy refund the money for my heads which was $2100.00

I still hope that I am wrong and that the intial flow test was a fluke but something tells me that it is not.

No hard feelings JD I know you have been through the ringer and you have done nothing wrong, well except for yelling at me on the phone and refusing to let me talk to JPR.

ezss, bear, 11bravo, blk01WS6, 99ta check and make sure you have exactly what you think you do just incase, be there and check the tune, know what cc your heads are, what they flow and know what your cam size is before it is too late. You guys may think I am wrong and that I am mean for putting this on the forum but it is in your best interests to do this. Out of all of us I am the only one who has inspected any of this **** myself rather than letting JD and JPR do it and look what I have found. I know what happened to my car because I saw it myself and I found out all the specs myself the hard way. If your cars are running like **** now which it sounds like they are get it taken care of now and not later.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

PCMFORLESS you are correct that JD has nothing to do with this. I don't really expect him to help me out nor do I feel he owes me anything, I am simply posting my own experiences/flow #'s/cam info so others don't make the same mistake I did. Maybe you can tell me before I have my PCM checked what the timing was set to on my tune since you were the one who flashed it. I am not trying to be spiteful I am just curious. Also about the high timing table being flashed to the low timing table,,, is this true?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PCMFORLESS there was no reason for JD to yell at Mike K. It was JD telling Mike K. to call him the ENTIRE time. That is why Mike K. called him. Mike K. nor I ever blamed JD for the work performed, but JD wanted to be involved via telling EVERYONE with a broke JPR motor to call him instead of talking to JPR. Yes, after all the going back and forth JD/JPR wanted to repair Mike K.'s long block. Which JPR should have said from day one when Mike K. called him to tell him what happened, but with all the bickering Mike K. totally lost trust that the work would ACTUALLY get done correctly the second time around. No customer likes to pay for something and then have to take their entire longblock out at their expense and ship it at their expense and get used stock pistons and touch up work done supposedly for free from people that yelled at them for months saying the whole thing was his fault. The time the trust was there is when the work should have been done right. This was when Mike K. took the car to JPR last year. PCMFORLESS it was JPR who called Mike K. up later and blamed most of Mike K.'s woes on your BAD Tune. PCMFORLESS your beef should be with JPR and not Mike K. PCMFORLESS making comments like "Good Luck!, go to another shop, etc.!" Just shows us how much you care about your product.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

I think the only thing you guys lost faith in is that your little bitching blackmail sessions on this forum aren't getting you all the free **** you are looking for

Ummm...lets see. I buy a custom computer from Compaq...Compaq is purchased/bought out/whatever by HP. HP then assumes responsibility to fix customer's problems who have purchased Compaq computers... A computer is put together for a customer by Compaq, it works for 1 month (in this time frame HP buys Compaq), blows up and the customer finds out later after taking it to CompUSA that its not the Pentium 4 2.4 ghz he paid for but its a Celeron 1.2ghz - and the hard drive is spinning at 5,000 rpms vs 7,200 which was paid for....Hmmm...lets see would you be a tad pissed at compaq for selling you the wrong **** that didnt perform like it should have from the get go?? Would you not want your money back? Unforutnately it sounds like Mike K. is getting SHAFTED!! He is out his time, his money, and his car. I know this is a silly analogy but come on...the guy pays for a head/cam package and dyno tuning -- what he gets are stock heads, huge cam, and a flash tune....and when **** breaks everyone is pointing fingers at him - bad gas, bad driving, etc. I feel bad for JD, he is stuck in the middle on this one...
Old 02-22-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Actually JPR did see 2 degress of knock retard on the scan tool. Also for 01's timing is alot lower than 28 degrees. I ran an atap on my car before and it only registered 22 degrees of timing normal and it would spike to 24 degress occasionally.

You have no reason to personally attack me so I don't understand why you keep doing this. How can you not see how I was screwed over?

Do I have to spell it out again

1 shotty install 1000.00 (dirty radiator fluid, shitty oil, I had to help do the install, There are still missing bolts to my air damn and radiator support bracket from the install)
2 shotty tune 500.00 (not a dyno tune, high timing)
3. shotty heads (pathetic flow numbers, higher cr than advertised by nearly a point)
4. No cam specs ( JPR said he would tell me the specs, I was not told even though I directly asked him, I found out by having the cam doctored)
5. 2k miles of drivetime after the "package" (1200 miles was the way back to FL)

These are all facts, how can you say I am blackmailing or trying to get something for free? I turned down the free offer for JD and JPR to repair my motor. I am gonna be blunt here,,, the reason for that is because I KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT DO A GOOD JOB ON MY MOTOR, I DO NOT TRUST JPR, PCMFORLESS, OR JD.

You say that everybody is happy with their motor.

If this is true why is bear and blk01ws6 selling the car?
Where is 11bravo's motor?
**** Im definitly not happy
George how much oil pressure do you have again lol, I had more than 2 times the oil pressure he had with oil squirting out my dipstick tube.
oh and btw how much was the bill at JD's to take care of ERIC?

Com'mon man you guys are all shady, how can you not see where I am coming from?

Trust me I do not expect anything from you guys and wanting something for free is not the reason for posting. The reason for posting is to let everybody know that JPR lied to me on multiple occasions, and that IMO JPR, PCMFORLESS, and JD are a bunch of shady mf'ers.

If JPR knows that he did nothing wrong why will he not just say yes to the below statement like he said he would via email or in this post???

Hi Joe Prince, per our phone conversation I just want to confirm that you will repair my heads if they do not flow to the HVLD spec which is between 305cfm -310cfm at .550 lift on a 3.905 bore meaning that you will do whatever is necessary free of charge to make my heads flow to this spec. Also my heads were CC'd at 60cc's which would mean that my compression is also much higher than the advertised compression of 10.5 :1 for the HVLD cylinder heads. If upon your inspection my heads are indeed at 60cc's you agreed to replace my cylinder heads with a set of new ones that are milled correctly to attain the 10.5 :1 ratio which is 64.43 cc's, you also agreed that this new set of heads will flow to the above mentioned HVLD spec and that the new heads will be free of charge. You also agreed to pay for shipping both to and from JD's shop.

Last edited by Mike K.; 02-22-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

JD's DID NOT, I REPEAT DID NOT buy JPR. Joe P just works for JD. How many times does this need repeated ?
Great... I guess you missed the whole point of the thread...either that or you arent denying it then huh....

I could care less what happened business-wise between JPR & JD....I just added that in there.... But, to my understanding following these threads.... I thought JD was fixing JPR's customers cars/motors? Isnt he then in turn assuming responsibility for ALL of JPRs customers?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Automag928
Great... I guess you missed the whole point of the thread...either that or you arent denying it then huh....

I could care less what happened business-wise between JPR & JD....I just added that in there.... But, to my understanding following these threads.... I thought JD was fixing JPR's customers cars/motors? Isnt he then in turn assuming responsibility for ALL of JPRs customers?
Sorry, I did just glance over the posted and didn't read it's full meaning, sorry. JD helped some guys out but in no way needs to take responsibility for all of the JPR cars.
Maybe instead of helping guys out JD should have told everyone to go pound sand? He did offer to help Mike K too, but the offer for freebies must not have been good enough for Mike K....
Old 02-22-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

JD's DID NOT, I REPEAT DID NOT buy JPR. Joe P just works for JD. How many times does this need repeated ?
Originally Posted by JPR on 11/8/2003
My company has merged with JD's Performance to perform R&D for the 2003- 4.6 liter FI engines and JD's is breaking into the LSX market as well. Our company along with PCM's For Less which also merged at the same time will now be found in the same building in Huntingdon Valley, PA to assemble what I think is the largest domestic performance shop on the East Coast! 6 mechanics, in house edit dyno tunning of Fords and Chevy's, 6 lifts, sales team offices and no busy signals......

.....As of Nov 17th, our new number will be (215) 938-9270 Rick the service manager will be glad to field any questions and take any new orders that have been postponed over the past 3 weeks VIA JD's Performance e-mail or at the phone number above. The restructured sponsor page should be up on Monday (see sponsors on the right under JD's Performance.)

At the merger date mentioned above, we will be more than capable to run this business the way it should be and wewill be staffed with an excellent crew to perform all and any installations on a timley basis. Apologizes out to people that haven't been able to reach us recently and we have taken steps to make our products and service better!

Thanks!

Joe Prince
:pinnochio:

Seems as though none of them (PCMforless, JDs, or JPR) are being particularly honest . Kind of a shame, considering JPR was once thought of as one of the best head porters out there (His results with S1 heads and the 224/224 car were AWESOME), and I acually considered getting a set f his "HVLD" heads, but just then all of this came out, and I'm glad I didn't. IMO, JPR can be an "employee", "partner", or whatever, but he (and JDs and PCMs attitude, IMO) are all killing your business and reputation. When I was young, I learned a valuable lesson: You are the company that you keep.

Shawn
Old 02-22-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Automag928
But, to my understanding following these threads.... I thought JD was fixing JPR's customers cars/motors? Isnt he then in turn assuming responsibility for ALL of JPRs customers?
JD has helped customers of JPR (people that ordered direct from JPR), while JPR dealt with admitted problems and attempts to turn things around. JD did not have to. I think this has been played many times before on here. At this time, you can order a set of JPR heads and whatever THROUGH JD (correct me if I'm wrong). In that case I would believe he would assume responsibility.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Ahhh beautiful... Just because someone is cheap, doesnt mean the product that they buy shouldnt perform as it SHOULD!!!!!!!!! If I goto a A/V store and buy a 13" black and white TV because I am cheap and dont want to spend the money on a 55" HD TV, then does that mean the store isnt responsible if my 13" TV breaks?? cmon stop being an ***....Mike scheduled this in advance, took off work, drove up there, ended up even HELPING to install his heads/cam "PACKAGE" and gets a flash tune vs a dyno tune, finds out his heads arent much better than stock, and running quite a bit higher compression....... It sounds like he has a legitimate gripe.

As far as you not getting paid for dyno tune, you just admitted the obvious..."If you got charged $500 for a dyno tune, I did not get paid that so don't accuse me of charging you for a dyno tune. I went out of my ******* way to make sure a tune got into that car by stopping out of my way on a Sunday if I remember correctly to do it on my way back from Atlantic City." MIKE SCHEDULED THIS IN ADVANCE - YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED BY JPR WHEN MIKE ARRANGED TO COME UP THERE, hence another JPR screw up I don't understand why you cant accept the fact that a customer got screwed, the cost of the "package" should have no effect on the quality the customer receives, should it??

And...what happened to the customer is always right????
Old 02-22-2004, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
JD has helped customers of JPR (people that ordered direct from JPR), while JPR dealt with admitted problems and attempts to turn things around. JD did not have to. I think this has been played many times before on here. At this time, you can order a set of JPR heads and whatever THROUGH JD (correct me if I'm wrong). In that case I would believe he would assume responsibility.

JD is doing a standup job stepping up....I have no problems with that at all... He is doing the best job he can, within reason, and I know Mike very much so appreciated the fact that JD wanted to fix his motor, but looking from Mike's perspective... would you want the people (JPR) that caused your motors failure to be working on its replacement? Then you find out the heads you got werent what they should have been? Take all these issues in and then you can understand why Mike doesnt want to use them to fix his stuff - its sad, but the trust is gone.

Quick Reply: JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info