Sponsored by:

JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
Mike,
Your car was a cluster F from from the beginning for whatever reasons of confusion. If you got charged $500 for a dyno tune, I did not get paid that so don't accuse me of charging you for a dyno tune. I went out of my ******* way to make sure a tune got into that car by stopping out of my way on a Sunday if I remember correctly to do it on my way back from Atlantic City.
I run a top notch PCM tuning business as shown by my reputation of taking care of guys on the boards. You would be one of the only guys I have ever seen compain about me or my work. If the car had KR the PCM should have been sent to me for timing to be pulled out before you ever went WOT with it, bottom line.

Just because you are not getting all you want from your little bitching session is no reason to call JD or myself shady mother *******, we never did **** for or to you. I normally go out of my way to help guys out, but I am done with you and Vince. I would have done whatever you needed to get the PCM tune to be what you wanted, but now if I see it I will throw the ******* PCM in the trash and you can go **** yourself. Since you are portraying me as a shady Mother ******, I will treat you like one.

The reason you went to JPR is because all you wanted to spend is $1000 for an install. Who the hell else is going to do that for $1k. You are a cheap ****** and got what you paid for

Until I see proven flow numbers from another shop on those heads that they are not what they are said to be I honestly think you are the liar looking for some $$, or the shop that is flowing them for you.

I'm not sure why bear and Ron are selling their cars, but they are enjoying them and I have talked with both of them.

Why wouldn't JD have the right to charge Eric for some of the work, he put upgraded parts into the car and an install, why shouldn't he get paid?

Mike you make no sense and are just a ranting little bitch trying to stir up problems. I'm not wasting any more time on you and I don't think JD will either.

1000.00 is cheap for a head and cam install?? You have to be kidding me, I need to get into that business. The only reason I came up there is because I had to to get the numbers and in order to get the "secret cam" cause JPR was too nervous to send it to me. I could have done the head and cam swap myself for the cost of gaskets and a few bolts and it would have totalled maybe 100.00. I would have also gotten the heads cc'd down here and would have found the lie ahead of time and would have avoided all the issues I am having now.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike I am no selling the car for any other reason the the racing is getting old. I see the used Z06 and M3 prices and It makes me go...hmmmmmmm. Keep spending money on fixing the race car, or step up one more time and be done. I have no house or driveway to put a trailer on or I would never sell the car. I need a place to keep it, with no Insurnace so I can work on it and make it a REAL race car down at 3400# raceweight. That will never happen if this is a street car. U know anyone who needs my car? I am VERY HAPPY with my setup. I am not happy with the car characteristics as a street car anymore. I think I went to far. My bad.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Automag928
JD is doing a standup job stepping up....I have no problems with that at all... He is doing the best job he can, within reason, and I know Mike very much so appreciated the fact that JD wanted to fix his motor, but looking from Mike's perspective... would you want the people (JPR) that caused your motors failure to be working on its replacement? Then you find out the heads you got werent what they should have been? Take all these issues in and then you can understand why Mike doesnt want to use them to fix his stuff - its sad, but the trust is gone.
Yeah, I know all that, I was just trying to clairify the JD/JPR relationship cause he seemed confused. The original topic, and all the other problems seems like a bad deal all around. I personally try to not get involved because maybe there is something from one side or the other that isn't being said on the internet. These boards are like the media, you don't always get the full story. And there are crooks and thiefs everywhere (not saying anyone in this situation is). So I just take everything with a grain of salt. Hope it works out for everyone.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=PCMFORLESS]I'm not sure why bear and Ron are selling their cars, but they are enjoying them and I have talked with both of them.
QUOTE]

I guess I should comment on this. My car runs perfect. My motor was torn apart at JD's. The heads were inspected, and had a new 4 angle valve job done on them. They were also upgraded to double springs and titanium retainers. I had a less agressive cam put in, and different lifters. My heads were flowed again. They flow 305cfm @.550 Everything was reassembled with new gaskets and bolts, and looked over several times. Then JD and Brian spent at least 10-12 hours tuning my car. Getting 450rwhp tuned just right in an auto is no easy task. I took the car on a Friday and drove it for the weekend...I felt there were a few things in the tune that needed to be adjusted. I took the car back monday and they were fixed no questions asked. The car runs great, but it is not what I originally wanted. I want a blown Z06. I couldn't sell the car until it ran 110%. Now it does. I am in every way pleased with the quality of service and workmanship put into making my car right. It was worth the wait.

So, for the record. My car is done right. Everything is the way JPR said it would be when I started this venture. My car is 10.5:1...It puts down more than 440rwhp. Its driveability is perfect. It took a little longer to get it to that point, but it is done nonetheless. And the only extra money I spent was on upgrades that I thought were neccessary (new tranny, stall, valve job).
Old 02-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

JPR has admitted issues back with the scheduling. Yes, he should have made sure my schedule was open to do that dyno tune, but unfortunatly it didn't. This is not mine or JD's fault, but unfortunatly happened. Joe P has said this was a scheduling snafu and has offered to Mike K to fix him up, but it just doesn't seem to be good enough. The work would be repaired at JD's not JPR's thus the same shop analogy does not work.
Also, Neither JPR or PCMFORLESS merged. I do individual contracting work for JD's and JPR works for him. Unfortunaltly Joe P did not word this properly before. Joe P realizes this and also the scheduling issues, etc... And has gone above and beyond to make things right and you guys just keep pouncing on him to the point that he just doesn't have the energy to deal with the BS.
Ok, so what you are telling me is that if mike sent his motor to JD's that JPR would not touch it - the heads, cam, anything? That someone else at JD's would be doing all the repair work on JPR's creation - and that JD would solely be taking the hit on fixing the motor?
Also, did you do individual contracting work for JPR directly? In other words, when Mike went up there, where you contracting through JPR or through JD? Just curious...

11B, I understand that...the Internet is definetly like the media...Alot of times you dont get the whole truth. You have to take everything wiht a grain of salt...but at the same time...when you start hearing the same things over and over again, its kinda like putting a puzzle together. Oh well...
Old 02-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply Ron. I am really glad to hear the car is 100% for you.
This is an example of our good customer service.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I understand what you are saying PCMFORLESS but I just do not feel comfortable with sending my stuff to JD or JPR because they will not confirm via a paper trail of what they tell me over the phone.

My motor is a past issue and I denied the offer because they don't make me feel safe because they will not send me in writing a quote with what they offered to do for me which will be new pistons/hone to make rings seal correct/ new tune/ repair of heads.

Back to the topic My heads really do flow low#'s and my compression is way above what is advertised. I only want JPR to confirm via paper what he told me over the phone so I will post it again and I have also sent email with this same wording.

Hi Joe Prince, per our phone conversation I just want to confirm that you will repair my heads if they do not flow to the HVLD spec which is between 305cfm -310cfm at .550 lift on a 3.905 bore meaning that you will do whatever is necessary free of charge to make my heads flow to this spec. Also my heads were CC'd at 60cc's which would mean that my compression is also much higher than the advertised compression of 10.5 :1 for the HVLD cylinder heads. If upon your inspection my heads are indeed at 60cc's you agreed to replace my cylinder heads with a set of new ones that are milled correctly to attain the 10.5 :1 ratio which is 64.43 cc's, you also agreed that this new set of heads will flow to the above mentioned HVLD spec and that the new heads will be free of charge. You also agreed to pay for shipping both to and from JD's shop.

I am not looking for anything more only a simple Ok I will do this. Why can he not agree to this?
Old 02-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Brian/PCM I have called him, I need a paper trail, I have requested this via phone email and via the forum and have not got it even though I was told I would. I cannot blindly send my heads up there without this. I will call him again though don't worry.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Mike if you do decide to send the heads you can get in contact with me and I will drive to NJ or PA and verify the flow numbers if you want. Like I said before Joe told me I could go there with my car and he would pull the heads and flow then right in front of me, who knows I may take him up on the offer just for piece of mind. The only reason I dont jump on it is because I know of cars that have stage II heads and bigger cams than me (I have his 2nd cam not the 3rd) and dyno less or the same and my car has always dynoed low from the start . I have a 12 bolt with 4.11's also wich tends to lower my numbers. I am also hesitent becuase I am more intereted in times than dyno numbers and Joe ran my car to a 11.9 with a 1.9 60ft at almost 120 mph (119.7?) with the crappy nittos and my clutch that needs replacing (hell you cant powershift anymore). I am also at stock weight.
I dont want to get caught up in the dyno wars becuase nobody ever wins and there are still a few older miracle cars that put out great numbers at the time but have yet to go to the track.
If you want to get in touch with me you can e-mail me at jim@uscc-llc.com or call me on my cell at 1-203-536-9203. PCMFORLESS also feel free to call me if you prefer.
EDIT: PCMFORLESS replied to me while I was typing .
Old 02-22-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
ezss, bear, 11bravo, blk01WS6, 99ta check and make sure you have exactly what you think you do just incase, be there and check the tune, know what cc your heads are, what they flow and know what your cam size is before it is too late. You guys may think I am wrong and that I am mean for putting this on the forum but it is in your best interests to do this. Out of all of us I am the only one who has inspected any of this **** myself rather than letting JD and JPR do it and look what I have found. .
I hear you and fully agree always check stuff out.

Actually I had the heads checked by a very reputable shop that I trust. Bottom line is the JPR S1 LS6's weren't as good as my equally old TEA 5.3 S2's Hey the boss was left in and removed. Even I could tell there was a lot of stuff that could be done to make better heads out of them. However, Joe said they'd flow a peak of 280 to 285 and they did. I don't think he had any idea how much they'd loose with the intake in place.

The flow data I posted was from that shop not Joe. Was I happy with the used JPR S1 LS6's I got? Not really as I sent the heads in as cores to get a set of TEA 2.5 LS6 Judsons.

PCM4Less, you don't know me as I talked with Joe well before the new arrangement to confirm he did a set of LS6 S1's for the guy I bought them from. The heads were stamped JPR. My set was used.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 02-22-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Mike I know its a leap of faith (funny coming from an athiest) but I really recommend that you send your heads in. I know Joe Prince or especially JD would not do anything to try and screw you over if you send them in. I have known JP for years and has always made everything right if something went wrong or didnt seem right and JD is a stand up guy. The only reason is those numbers seem REALLY REALLY off and becuase if they do flow wrong for some reason its more than just internet hype at that point. I understand that they flowed low at one place but not sending them back to the shop responsible that is willing to correct any mistakes is beyond me.

Mike if you want I will reverse the deal. I will take MY car in and have Joe flow my heads since our cars were done around the same time. I am willing to have him take them out and have another shop nearby flow them also if you want.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:34 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike THESE GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ******* CROOKS AND LIARS!!!!!!!! They will continue to jerk you around long enough so that the staute of limitation will run out and you won't be able to take them to court.

I would contact the court in their area and file a suit in small claims court before it's too late.

I lived in NY for 21 years and I have seen scubags like them screw people over, it must something in the water up there.
Do yourself a favor Mike and sue the **** out of them.

PCMFORLESS you are a total dick! I bet you wouldn't call someone a cheap mother ****** to their face! With the way you are treating Mike I'm surprised you are still in business!!

I hope it all works out for you Mike.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think the only thing you guys lost faith in is that your little bitching blackmail sessions on this forum aren't getting you all the free **** you are looking for

I posted the independant test results of the parts I have. Nothing more nothing less. Might want to be little more specific about who you mean when you say you guys.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

The reason you went to JPR is because all you wanted to spend is $1000 for an install. Who the hell else is going to do that for $1k. You are a cheap ****** and got what you paid for
PCM4Less, I think in the past Mike posted many times he didn't want to take the car to JPR but JPR wouldn't sell him the secret cam unless JPR did the install. Maybe Mike or Vince can clear that point up.

BTW it's very ironic IMO to see a guy with the screen name of PCMFORLESS telling folks, "You are a cheap ****** and got what you paid for "

Old 02-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Launching!

gone

Quick Reply: JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info