Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004 | 04:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

pcmforless/bryan harter?

I have been hearing from folks you have been using a lot of profanity. Please if you cannot get your point across without using excessive profanity then don't bother posting on my website.

You guys want my honest opinion on this? I am very unimpressed with Joe Prince and anyone who sticks up for him. All these stupid posts. Let's go back to question number one, the car blew up. Blew up with less than 2000 miles on the combo. So much for reliability and quality. I would never bring my car or reccomend anyone who puts together stuff that blows up with 1200 miles on it, of which half of that was the drive home. Mega lame. You can talk about subsequent drama but frankly that sucks. You guys are now arguing about the process and the followup who cares? Car is not made right and the customer did not get what he expected. I don't see blackmail here, you have no class for saying that. The car blew up with barely any miles on it. You should be ashamed for inpugning that this consumer is not entitled to the quality combo he paid for.

ADMIN
Old 02-22-2004 | 04:53 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2004 | 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
You guys want my honest opinion on this? I am very unimpressed with Joe Prince and anyone who sticks up for him. All these stupid posts. Let's go back to question number one, the car blew up. Blew up with less than 2000 miles on the combo. So much for reliability and quality. I would never bring my car or reccomend anyone who puts together stuff that blows up with 1200 miles on it, of which half of that was the drive home. Mega lame. You can talk about subsequent drama but frankly that sucks. You guys are now arguing about the process and the followup who cares? Car is not made right and the customer did not get what he expected. I don't see blackmail here, you have no class for saying that. The car blew up with barely any miles on it. You should be ashamed for inpugning that this consumer is not entitled to the quality combo he paid for.

ADMIN
EXACTLY!!! This sums up the entire problem. Who cares about the details, the overall picture is the customer received a product that was not reliable AND not what he paid for...
Old 02-22-2004 | 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Keep the personal comments to when you folks see each other face to face otherwise you are just punks.

And this thread is about some guy's car that blew up.

Threads like this tend to have a negative effect on business for folks so the more folks fight the more folks cancel their appointments.

Is Mike's stuff gonna be made right or what?
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:01 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Keep the personal comments to when you folks see each other face to face otherwise you are just punks.

And this thread is about some guy's car that blew up.

Threads like this tend to have a negative effect on business for folks so the more folks fight the more folks cancel their appointments.

Is Mike's stuff gonna be made right or what?
I have already pledged to Mike that I will make his tune whatever he wants it to be. I have no control over any other part as last I looked I do not own JPR, but he has stepped forward as well and said he would make it right.
So, I will let you continue to Admin in a biased way and have a nice day.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Look here.--------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

Doesn't look like too many are being driven away. Just the ones that don't deliver what they advertise.

A Lucent Technologies Retiree.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
The customer has been offerered that everything he paid for would be checked and made right if it was wrong. The stuff you allow to happen on this board continues to drive vendors away as someone else mentioned which will just hurt it in the end.

All JPR has to do is reply to Mike's request in writing whether it is a handwritten note, email, fax, even on the forum -- what is so hard... Mike has stated this several times, Ill even post it again --

Hi Joe Prince, per our phone conversation I just want to confirm that you will repair my heads if they do not flow to the HVLD spec which is between 305cfm -310cfm at .550 lift on a 3.905 bore meaning that you will do whatever is necessary free of charge to make my heads flow to this spec. Also my heads were CC'd at 60cc's which would mean that my compression is also much higher than the advertised compression of 10.5 :1 for the HVLD cylinder heads. If upon your inspection my heads are indeed at 60cc's you agreed to replace my cylinder heads with a set of new ones that are milled correctly to attain the 10.5 :1 ratio which is 64.43 cc's, you also agreed that this new set of heads will flow to the above mentioned HVLD spec and that the new heads will be free of charge. You also agreed to pay for shipping both to and from JD's shop.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Look here.--------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

Doesn't look like too many are being driven away. Just the ones that don't deliver what they advertise.

A Lucent Technologies Retiree.
Retiree.... I'm not that old. I actually went with the Agere Systems spinoff for a while, and saw it headed south. JD's left and he always delivers what he promises.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

The stuff you allow to happen on this board continues to drive vendors away as someone else mentioned which will just hurt it in the end.
Maybe thats a good thing. Just because someone has a "business" or is a "vendor" does not make them deserving or welcome on all bulletin boards. I know for a fact that shops that have in the past, ripped people off, have been pulled by PSJ, 9ball, and Colonel, and I'm pretty confident in saying that none of the sponsors to the right would talk, cuss, threaten, be as disrespectful, or come off as dishonest as you have been here, IMO. You are defending the indefensible, in my opinion, and coming across more like an "angry keyboard warrior" than a concerned, honest businessman in doing so. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things......
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:14 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Bryan, we did talk before. And you are doing it again. Make your points without using excessive profanity, it makes you look bad. Trust me. After all, we get 137,000 unique IP visits here a month. There are a lot of folks reading these threads. Frankly you guys should be pleading with me to get rid of it. We have a wider readership than GMHTP right now.

It's obvious that somone who built something should take responsibility and we don't need to hear about the drama in that person's life, we all get dumped, divorced, get cancer or die.

Pfft I don't need to talk, talk is cheap on stuff like this. I'd like to Mike's crappy heads fixed.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:24 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004 | 05:32 PM
On The Tree

JOE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILTY, ARE YOU GUYS UNABLE TO READ THAT.... HE HAS PLEDGED TO MAKE IT RIGHT(if it really is wrong)... HOW DO YOU GUYS KEEP MISSING THAT....
And who said the heads are bad, maybe the other guy that flowed them did not flow them properly. Maybe they need to be sent to an independed third party to settle the BS once and for all. You act so biased for a moderator, and automatically assume blame falls in one place, and that is just wrong.
I would consider where the heads were flowed to be a third party....and on a side note why should mike be the one to have to pay for that? You are asking him to pay out of pocket AGAIN to prove the heads are bad after already having them flowed once?....Again, as I posted before, and Mike has posted several times before, all he wants IS WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF WHAT JPR IS GOING TO DO....then he may send his stuff up to get fixed. I don't understand why that is such a difficult concept.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:38 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004 | 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

The heads are already in the process of being flowed by a 3rd independent vendor but I doubt the initial results are wrong but we will see. Even if the flow numbers come back good on the next test what about the chamber being 60cc, the only way to fix that is to give me a new set of heads, or a refund.

This site rocks. because of it we all know who the good vendors are and which vendors are not so good. This forum helps alot of members here by them being able to read the experience of others.

The moderators here are respected by us and when a bad thread is posted about any vendor it is not swept under the carpet. We have all seen other bad threads and vendors that make things right because of them.

Thousands of us spend are money with all of the vendors on the right and for the source on ls1's this is place to be. I have learned so much on this forum including what sponsors I do not want to do business with.

I am still waiting for JPR to confirm via paper what he told me over the phone and what has been quoted here several times,

Thank you PSJ, Vince, Spanky, Blackbird, Richie, Automag, 2xls1 and all the others who have offered support.

This board rocks and the only people who do not think so is JPR, JD and PCM and there is a reason for that and its not because you guys treated me good.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

PCM face it even if my heads were good which they are not I was still screwed in multiple other ways and that is one of the many reasons why nobody is agreeing with you.

DUDE I WAS SCREWED, you cannot deny that.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:44 PM
Launching!

gone

Old 02-22-2004 | 05:46 PM
On The Tree

I didn't say he would have to pay for the flowbench work, how did you read that in....
Also, I believe he had them flowed at a competitors shop, how is that unbiased?
Wow you guys really make me scratch my head.
I am not Joe P so quit asking me about written confirmation of anything, I can send you all the paper you want, but being as I am not Joe it would be pretty worthless. I think Joe has left the board due to the BS, so I wouldn't look for a reply from him.

Um, at this point, anywhere Mike has his heads flow tested is going to be a competitor...Dont you think every shop out there with a flow bench is going to want Mike to take his heads there and try to sell him some work? He has already paid one shop to flow test them, now you say have them flowed at a 3rd party...well, who is going to pay for that? You aren't JPR, but you keep stating that JPR/JD have tried to make things right...Well, wasn't Mikes first request for something in writing on what was to be fixed? This hasnt been done, and in my opinion is the first step to make things whole again - written confirmation stating in details what is going to be done, i.e. we will replace pistons with such and such, heads will be done to this specification, with this compression ratio, etc....

*** RESPONDING TO HOW THIS CONCERNS ME by PCMFORLESS ***
Maybe you noticed my sig, maybe you didnt. I own an ls1, and I am also shopping performance parts. I have been a member here for quite some time, and if youd like to check out the vette forum, i ve been more active there. I have been reading these horror stories about vendors and at this point, feel the need to voice my opinion. Again, its just my opinion, but I am trying to be as professional as possible. You asking me how this concerns me -- because I am a potential customer! I have money and will spend it...on what/who/which shop....well thats why I read here and the vette forum....

Last edited by Automag928; 02-22-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2004 | 05:47 PM
Launching!

gone

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info