Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
Post your lame email about paper trail if you need to again and keep sticking to that worthless point, but Joe has pledged to make it right and I think you are just looking for $$$ and nothing else or you would have already sent the heads.

Haha, so he has no recourse when his next setup fails...right! I'm sure he's going to just trust anything Joe "pledges", just like his car would be dyno tuned, just like his heads would flow 300cfm+, just like he was going to get a ported TB (he did, just took 4 months), just like JPR was going to have a rental car for him, the list goes on and on....
Old 02-22-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

PCM I want the paper trail so I have a recourse and a document of what happened. I dont trust JPR so I need to have this before I send my heads. Like you said earlier I am poor I do not have the money to get screwed again and this is why I am taking precautions. I really do want a good set of heads honest. But with no garantee of what is being done to them and no garantee of what they will cc at or flow at then I am wary about sending my stuff back to you guys because IMO I don't even know for sure that I will ever see the heads again. I am just being cautious and I am not looking to screw JPR only to get what was promised to me. I feel I am being fair with wanting what I have posted above in writing. I am sorry if you do not agree but you can do one thing for me and that is to tell JPR to send me the document I require so I can send my heads to him to get them fixed. If you really want to help me then do this.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

BTW, Automag928 how does this involve you?
I answered this by editing a post above, but will post it again just in case you miss it --

*** RESPONDING TO HOW THIS CONCERNS ME by PCMFORLESS ***
Maybe you noticed my sig, maybe you didnt. I own an ls1, and I am also shopping performance parts. I have been a member here for quite some time, and if youd like to check out the vette forum, i ve been more active there. I have been reading these horror stories about vendors and at this point, feel the need to voice my opinion. Again, its just my opinion, but I am trying to be as professional as possible. You asking me how this concerns me -- because I am a potential customer! I have money and will spend it...on what/who/which shop....well thats why I read here and the vette forum....
Old 02-22-2004, 06:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

Mike, let us know what the flow numbers are... maybe they will be better who knows.

Bryan, you have it all wrong. You don't have to kiss my azz. You just have to keep from dropping your pants and showing us your azz everytime a thread like this pops up. Mike K. lacks trust now. What shall he do. I think he wants a lot of witnesses to JPR stepping up and saying he will take care of the problems.

Are these LS1 heads in question? If they are 60cc, how much of that is due to the valve job or just straight milling?
Old 02-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike K.
PCM I want the paper trail so I have a recourse and a document of what happened. I dont trust JPR so I need to have this before I send my heads. Like you said earlier I am poor I do not have the money to get screwed again and this is why I am taking precautions. I really do want a good set of heads honest. But with no garantee of what is being done to them and no garantee of what they will cc at or flow at then I am wary about sending my stuff back to you guys because IMO I don't even know for sure that I will ever see the heads again. I am just being cautious and I am not looking to screw JPR only to get what was promised to me. I feel I am being fair with wanting what I have posted above in writing. I am sorry if you do not agree but you can do one thing for me and that is to tell JPR to send me the document I require so I can send my heads to him to get them fixed. If you really want to help me then do this.
Mike,
I will talk to him when I am down there this week to tune some cars, that is all I can do and I will do that for you.
Bryan
Old 02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The heads are 5.7L 01 heads. Casting should be #241. We have no clue if the cc is from milling or valve job. I do know that the party who flowed the heads are respectable and would not jeopardize their reputation to lie about the flow #'s. I am sure they have flowed them over and over again to cover their azz. PSJ is fair. If he found out another vendor tried to screw another vendor by giving a customer untruths about a product I am sure PSJ would deal with that party. Mike K. is going out of his way to have the heads re-checked again, because he has a hard time believing JPR would give him heads that are not as ADVERTISED. So what if he dyno'd the advertised #'s. The HUGE CAM, 31 degree's of timing and high compression explains that. Any vendor can do that, but most know that is UNSAFE w/out RACE GAS. JPR promised Mike K. a reliable setup. JPR loves to brag about his work quality and now we see flaws. Ok, ok, he had some issues, but he did not have a issue taking Mike K.'s money.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Launching!

I just got a personal message from a long time friend who is on the board and he just wanted to let me know that I need to get out of this post because my agressive defense of someone else is just going to hurt me and my business.
I agree, and I will just let the chips fall where they fall.
I will still discuss the with the Joes as I would like to help Mike K out if I can. I just feel this whole fiasco has gone bad from the word go and I will see what I can do to see if I can make everyone happy.
I just can't tolerate being called shady though as that is not how I operate my business or who I am. I take care of all of my customers if they have any question, issues, etc... So, please take my word for it or search other boards and see that I do work hard for you guys to get you great tunes for a great price.
Thanks to all,
Bryan
If anyone would rather talk to me in person and see that I am sincere about how I run a honest, straightforward business give me a call at 610-685-8871 and I can talk to you, or if you prefer you can send me your number and I will call you on my expense.
I can't ruin my reputation by being caught in the middle anymore.
PS- to anyone I may have offended I will offer a 25% discount on their programming purchase to show my good faith and desire to gain trust.

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 02-22-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:54 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I apologized to you and I think we were all good. I will talk to Joe P about those tune comments.
I know how to fight and have some tricks up my sleeve so any time Richie wants to come up here I will be ready. He jumped first by calling me a dick so I don't see any reason to apologize to him. Since losing weight with my surgery I have been headed to the gym so if he needs to feel free to come up here with his free time I will be ready. This post doesn't even concern him, but he stuck his nose into it so I stepped on it. I'm just surprised you haven't threatened anyone again with that gun of yours
I was making the sue for slander comments just to show I could be just as childish as everyone else posting on this thread which was dumb and I have gone thru to remove my posts.
The reason I called you a dick is you were calling Mike a cheap ************, that's a real professional thing to do , I was part owner of a LLC and I would never type or talk to ayone like that.

I'm glad your going to the gym, I like my opponents to atleast have some chance so it won't look like a slaughter on my part.

I'll even let you take the first punch!!
Old 02-22-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I can see why PCM was way pissed (as well as Mike K). Unless I read it wrong, he was mentioned as possibly being responsible for an engine failure on a public board without being contacted first. If my rep is what put food on the table I would be pissed as well. I believe he was threatened first, then the post blew up. BTW, going to the gym and being big has not much to do with fighting ability lol.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
The reason I called you a dick is you were calling Mike a cheap ************, that's a real professional thing to do , I was part owner of a LLC and I would never type or talk to ayone like that.

I'm glad your going to the gym, I like my opponents to atleast have some chance so it won't look like a slaughter on my part.

I will still fight if you like, but also feel free to PM or call me if you would rather talk in person as I bet over the phone or away from this post we would probably get along well. But, if you think I am a wuss and just backing out and can't see it any other way I will be there for those dates you will be in NY and will fight you if you like (I do appreciate the offer for the first punch as well).
I have said why I got defensive like I did. JD and I were being grouped in as shady by association and neither of us are. We do honest hard work on cars and really enjoy it when customers are satisfied.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

JD and I were being grouped in as shady by association and neither of us are. We do honest hard work on cars and really enjoy it when customers are satisfied.
From what I gather, JD and you have been doing all you can to help JPR survive. JD has fixed numerous cars and you are showing good faith by trying to bring the customer's trust back. I think what happened was the finger was pointed at you by JPR when he said the tune is what caused Mike's problems when in fact it was faulty heads, and JPR screwing up on scheduling and not allowing you to do YOUR job correctly by dyno tuning the car and instead having to use a flash tune, which in your defense is almost guess work. JPR is in the driving seat now...we are all just waiting patiently to see what happens...
Old 02-22-2004, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope it works out Mike.

As you and everyone else can see by my signature, my S2 $2100 NON-HVLD heads don't perform well either. And I too drove over 500 miles to find out PCMForless was not scheduled properly by JPR; I got a flash tune. I should get my heads flowed but just don't have the cash after 8K into a motor and tune and driving out there 3 times from Cleveland. Did do a leakdown test after 7K miles on the motor and at least it's all within 10%. Good luck man, and 11Bravo, I waited 6 months to get my car.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

PCM your attitude is much better now,, thanks and I mean that,, and I appreciate you talking to JPR for me.

Viper I hear ya man ..
If you did a leakdown and it passed then your motor is still healthy. If possible I would still recommend having the heads cc'd and flowed as well as having the pcm flash tune checked just to make sure it stays that way.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike K.
PCM your attitude is much better now,, thanks and I mean that,, and I appreciate you talking to JPR for me.

Viper I hear ya man ..
If you did a leakdown and it passed then your motor is still healthy. If possible I would still recommend having the heads cc'd and flowed as well as having the pcm flash tune checked just to make sure it stays that way.
The heat of battle, you know how it goes

Viper,
If you have any questions at all on your tune feel free to drop me a line with your first and last name and I will look it up for you. (If it is one that I have done)
Later all,
Bryan
Old 02-23-2004, 05:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Appreciate that Bryan, but it wasn't one of yours. I'm getting tuning done in Columbus next month. 1-1/2 hour drive vs. 5 hour drive is easier.

The heat of battle, you know how it goes

Viper,
If you have any questions at all on your tune feel free to drop me a line with your first and last name and I will look it up for you. (If it is one that I have done)
Later all,
Bryan
Old 02-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Default Scum Bag

Mike THESE GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ******* CROOKS AND LIARS!!!!!!!! They will continue to jerk you around long enough so that the staute of limitation will run out and you won't be able to take them to court.

I would contact the court in their area and file a suit in small claims court before it's too late.

I lived in NY for 21 years and I have seen scubags like them screw people over, it must something in the water up there.
Do yourself a favor Mike and sue the **** out of them.

PCMFORLESS you are a total dick! I bet you wouldn't call someone a cheap mother ****** to their face! With the way you are treating Mike I'm surprised you are still in business!!

I hope it all works out for you Mike.
RICHIE,

I HAVE DONE NOTHING CROOKED NOR HAVE I LIED TO ANYONE ON THERE REPAIRS WHICH I HAVE DONE HERE!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE CALLING ME A CROOK--WHERE DID THAT COME FROM??????????
I HAVE LIVED IN PHILLY FOR 34 YEARS AND HAVE SEEN MANY SCUMBAGS SCREW PEOPLE LIKE THAT ALSO.

SO TAKE IT EASY--I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG HERE,NOR DID I BUILD MIKE K'S ENGINE FROM THE BEGINNING--

JOE D.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Angry Stopping By

OK so now your an internet tough guy! I'll be in NY May 20th -25th I'll make it a point to drop by the shop and see how tough you really are! You guys will probably be out of business by then!

I'm Sorry for going off topic in your thread Mike, but ths Scumbag has it coming to him!
RICHIE--

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

PLEASE DON'T STOP BY HERE FOR ANY TROUBLE--I AM NOT THREATENING YOU--JUST GIVING YOU SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE.

I DON'T MIND YOU STOPPING BY TO BS,BUT THIS WOULD BE THE WRONG SPOT FOR YOU TO COME FOR TROUBLE--THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS JOB FROM THE BEGINNING--NOW I HAVE PEOPLE COMING UP TO SEE HOW TOUGH I AM---BAD MOVE FOR THAT.

PLEASE CALM YOURSELF DOWN WITH THAT--I WOULD OF HELPED MIKE K. IF POSSIBLE,HE DID NOT WANT ME TOO.

JOE D.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default Mike K's Engine And Heads

This Is The End Of This Bs Between Jd's--jpr--pcmforless

I Will Not Allow Any Work To Be Done To These Heads Or Engine At My Shop--they Will Have To Be Sent Directly To Jpr.

I Am Out Of This Situation--which I Should Of Never Been In.

I Will Not Have Internet Friend's Of Mike K Threatening To Come Up To My Shop And Kick My ***---that Will Not Happen Nor Be Tolerated--at All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry About The Whole Situation---

Joe D.

Owner Jd's Auto Repair
Old 02-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Talking First Punch

STOP IT WITH THE FIRST PUNCH AND THE GYM--

JOE D.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Talking Vince

Originally Posted by VINCE
Wow!!! I apologize for taking so long to respond to some of the mean things that were said about me. I was busy helping a friend move into a new home, but I am here now. I would like to give a special thanks for all the parties involved, Bin laden, Michael Jackson, Hussein, Scar Face, Bush, Clinton, and Pee Wee Herman.. This thread has gotten out of hand. PCMFORLESS I apologized to you once about my personal attack on you. I will do it once again. I am sorry about attacking your weight. I can see now you have far bigger problems than the medical issue you informed us of. I invite you to sue me for slander. Everything I have said is FACT! No one is looking to get anything free. Hell I have spent almost 20k on my own car dealing with modding and I am about to pretty much have 30k of my hard earned money into my 32k SS in just under 32 months. Most of the money I have spent is due to repairs, T&T, and crooks. PCMFORLESS your beef is not with Mike K. I will tell you this once again.. JPR called Mike K. and told him that it was your flash tune that was responsible for Mike K.'s problems. You need to talk with JPR and ask him why he would slander you. I am not going to re-hash what has already been posted over and over. All Mike K. wants from JPR now is to send him something in writing stating what JPR is going to do for him regarding his heads. If JPR cant do that then Mike K. will do what he thinks is best.

Another thing PCMFORLESS.. I would love to see you talk the way you type to Richie Carbone in his face. It would take two people my size to pull him off of you. I suggest you swallow your pride and apologize. Richie has a lot of free time on his hands..

I stayed civil..
VINCE--PLEASE TRY TO TALK SOME SENSE INTO THIS GUY RICHIE--HE SEEMS TO LIKE YOU.

THIS WILL BE A MAJOR PROBLEM IF HE COMES UP HERE AND ATTEMPTS TO THREATEN OR PHYSICALLY HARM ANYONE HERE IN MY SHOP OVER THIS INTERNET BULLSHIT.

IF SOME ONE LIKE THIS COMES UP HERE TO CAUSE THAT KIND OF TROUBLE--
IF HE BRINGS EVERYTHING HE HAS-HE STILL WON'T HAVE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!
I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE GUYS WHILE THEY ARE IN MY SHOP WORKING!!!

THANKS
JOE D.

Quick Reply: JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info