Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Heads LS6/LQ9 (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offaxis
I thought you got those over a year ago .
Oppps.. it should have read "11/17/02".. sorry for the typo.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Well it goes to show that even Absolute ships out a bad set of heads at times. Don't fret as my high dollar gtp's didn't cut the mustard either.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave00C5
Well it goes to show that even Absolute ships out a bad set of heads at times. Don't fret as my high dollar gtp's didn't cut the mustard either.
Thats 1 and they were replaced . BTW 414 over a year ago is still better than some of the cars im seeing out there today. They must have been really bad. A year of use and no dropping of valve seat ,no unusual oil usage or smoking and the springs were still working.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave00C5
Ok those heads were sold to mr b. 11/02 . and at that time those were good dyno #'s. Mr B why dont you flow the new set of heads you have and compare a new set of PP heads to a new set of AS heads. seems more fair to me.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

There is also a signifigant difference between a set of heads that, for whatever reason, doesn't flow as much as they should, and multiple sets of heads that have oil consumption, valve spring, retainer, and valve seat issues which have resulted in at least two catastrophic engine failures. *allegedly*
Old 02-26-2004, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

This is the exact reason why you cant go by flow numbers, the first 5 sets of heads I did when i first started I had a flow data bench that reads about 25 cfm higher than my new superflow bench, It was a real shock to me when I got my new bench december of 02. My flow numbers now can be backed up by thunder racing I have sold a few sets that went through them and Angie and Paul were shocked when the heads flowed within 2 cfm of what I have stated. feel free to give them a call. There is a learning curve and progression when porting and learning these heads and Im sure Patriot is learning and progressing as they move on. I know I still am, I have more than 1 car that hit 500 rwhp and now my goal is to hit 525rwhp

Bob good luck with your car and set up I wish you were running my heads but I am always here as a friend if you need anything

Jay{absolute}
Old 02-27-2004, 06:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike m
Ok those heads were sold to mr b. 11/02 . and at that time those were good dyno #'s. Mr B why dont you flow the new set of heads you have and compare a new set of PP heads to a new set of AS heads. seems more fair to me.
We were under some time constraints, and the machine shop has a lot of work backing up.. plus it costs every time they flow heads. I kinda wished I did, though..

Last edited by mrb00formula; 02-27-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by absolute
This is the exact reason why you cant go by flow numbers, the first 5 sets of heads I did when i first started I had a flow data bench that reads about 25 cfm higher than my new superflow bench, It was a real shock to me when I got my new bench december of 02. My flow numbers now can be backed up by thunder racing I have sold a few sets that went through them and Angie and Paul were shocked when the heads flowed within 2 cfm of what I have stated. feel free to give them a call. There is a learning curve and progression when porting and learning these heads and Im sure Patriot is learning and progressing as they move on. I know I still am, I have more than 1 car that hit 500 rwhp and now my goal is to hit 525rwhp

Bob good luck with your car and set up I wish you were running my heads but I am always here as a friend if you need anything

Jay{absolute}
Jay,

Chef has your heads.. and he has a M6 with 3.73's.. we will post the dyno numbers. Thanks for going out of your way to deliver the replacements.

I agree about the learning curve.. both AS & PP have encountered this.

Old 02-27-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with the PP LS6 heads. I've heard great things about them. I have the 5.3's and they work great for me.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

For what it is worth, ALL THESE head porters, will have problems from time to time. I ported my own heads, so in no way am I a fan of any one companies heads. My heads ended up flowing about what AS Stage 1's flow with stock valves still in my heads. I did alot of research before I ported my heads and let me tell you guys this, these heads are no piece of cake to get to flow. I have seen some really good numbers (rwhp and rwtq) come from AS, TEA, MTI, and PP. All this bashing of AS and PP needs to stop, these guys are giving you great products at REALLY good prices, Keep up the good work Terry and Jay.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Trans Am Kid
All this bashing of AS and PP needs to stop, these guys are giving you great products at REALLY good prices, Keep up the good work Terry and Jay.
I agree.. the PP bashing crusaders always seem to be the same people on this board.. I've been beating the **** out of my setup and I couldn't be happier with my investment.. I only wish I could actually plant most of the power to the road
Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98blackSS
I only wish I could actually plant most of the power to the road
I know that feeling well!!

Im working on that now just trying to decide on what tire i want to run.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
71cc chambers, that's pretty nice...
Typo.. should have read 64 cc.

Quick Reply: Patriot Performance Heads LS6/LQ9 (pics)