Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build plans... comments? opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indigows6
Yea I saw the stock replacement ls6 on NEP. Good price. So I shouldn't have to degree the cam? I just see where many say "ls2 chain" as part of their mods and wasn't sure if that was right for me.
well that depends on if the cam is setup exactly how you want it. what are the full specs on the cam? With just the LS2 replacement they had to change the lower cam gear to retard the advance in my cam from +4 to a +1 as they knew that would be better to hold the power up top and keep it from falling off. Are you doing the labor yourself? Do you know the full specs of the cam? I am not that experienced in this and you should contact a shop or tuner on this. This is just what i know from my build. From what i was told with just the ls2 chain replacement you cant really do much to degree the cam. I know a lot of people install there cams strait up and its fine. I also gather most cams have 1 or 2 degrees advance ground in. my tuner didn't want to run mine strait up with +4 as it would hva fell on its face a bit up top So they needed to change the gear and degree it to make it what they thought would work the best.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Ok yea I plan on doing it myself. Doesn't look too bad to me. The full specs are 228/232 .612/.600 111 LSA. Guess I'm to the point of needing to get in contact with ed curtis. Hell he may come up with something even better than this cam to go with ls6 2.5s.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a good setup. The SS HT is a great all around cam. Ed Curtis is a cam God and his propriatrary lobes kick ***.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would use this cam you won't find a much better all around cam then this one. If you know the ICL of the cam you will be able to find how much advance is ground into the cam. I bet this combo would make some nice power in the 430 range and a bad *** torque curve! Yes talk to someone and go over it with them.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

I'm hoping for 430 area. I hope the tuner here in indy (Mike Norris) can squeeze that out of it. he tuned a buddy of mine z28 and the sheet said 406. I swear that car would damn near pull a wheel from a 55 roll. Haha