Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped crank threads, failed Helicoil

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
I have nothing to hide, I deleted the thread because I was getting 10 PM's a week wanting to know if I still had it!!! and their was NO ISSUES with it
http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=M4V03456.mp4

Seems like you guys make a living buying motor's and then trying to sue for your money and getting a free motor. just so happens I know the last guy you tried this on and why didn't you mention you had it for 2 months before you decided to come with this bogus claim, even if it is stripped how do I know you didn't do it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...ll-mmckee.html

I didnt buy that motor, a friends DAD did. A shop went to put it in and the crank walk was way bad. FYI I built the engine for the guy for free to help him out. That guy that sold him that engine SCREWED him, the guy I did that engine for is a Mobile county Sheriff, he took him to court over it.

Jason, the balancer looked like it had been swapped, the belt grooves were rusty....if you did that you knew it had issues.

The claim is not bogus buddy, I told you when I got the engine I would not have time to look at it to get it in the car for a couple of months as it was too hot and I was working 65+ hours a week.

You didnt have to delete that thread, only edit it to say it was sold in the title, simple.

BTW, I contacted you WAY back that the vin on the engine didnt match the car....no response then either. How do I know this isnt an engine out of one of your buddies car? That at one time had a blown head gasket, because it has.

I am not asking for much, just a little help.

Why havent you respond until I told you I was gonna call an Attorney? This has been in private e mail and PM until now and I planned on keeping it that way.

I am not asking for a refund, you sold this engine advertised as being in perfect working order and it isnt. If I wouldnt have tried to change that busted chipped up balancer with a non factory bolt and 5 washers stacked on it it would have come off on a road course.

Jason, you sold the engine and you are responsible for advertising something that it isnt.

EDIT, You may want to check the text messages on your phone from Sunday, which is when I was working on it.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I didnt buy that motor, a friends DAD did. A shop went to put it in and the crank walk was way bad. FYI I built the engine for the guy for free to help him out. That guy that sold him that engine SCREWED him, the guy I did that engine for is a Mobile county Sheriff, he took him to court over it.

Jason, the balancer looked like it had been swapped, the belt grooves were rusty....if you did that you knew it had issues.

The claim is not bogus buddy, I told you when I got the engine I would not have time to look at it to get it in the car for a couple of months as it was too hot and I was working 65+ hours a week.

You didnt have to delete that thread, only edit it to say it was sold in the title, simple.

BTW, I contacted you WAY back that the vin on the engine didnt match the car....no response then either. How do I know this isnt an engine out of one of your buddies car? That at one time had a blown head gasket, because it has.

Why havent you respond until I told you I was gonna call an Attorney? This has been in private e mail and PM until now and I planned on keeping it that way.

I am not asking for a refund, you sold this engine advertised as being in perfect working order and it isnt. If I wouldnt have tried to change that busted chipped up balancer with a non factory bolt and 5 washers stacked on it it would have come off on a road course.

Jason, you sold the engine and you are responsible for advertising something that it isnt.

EDIT, You may want to check the text messages on your phone from Sunday, which is when I was working on it.
I would check for text messages, If that phone had text messaging. I NEVER had the balancer off the car and it is the one from the pewter SS I told you it was from. like I said in the email you came to my house and checked it over before you paid me and it DID NOT have a blown head gasket and you know that you are simply trying to get something for free. I didn't get my "perfect trader" rating by screwing people over.

I tell you what I'm a fair guy, you send me the oil pan and pickup tube back like your said you would and I'll send you $350. thats more than fair because that IS what you said correct??? and I'm not gonna get drug into a 50 page debate over this.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I would check for text messages, If that phone had text messaging. I NEVER had the balancer off the car and it is the one from the pewter SS I told you it was from. like I said in the email you came to my house and checked it over before you paid me and it DID NOT have a blown head gasket and you know that you are simply trying to get something for free. I didn't get my "perfect trader" rating by screwing people over.

The engine PREVIOUSLY in its life had a blown head gasket, the passenger head bolts had been re used and it had a fel pro gasket, so yes it did.

Funny that phone had text when I was wanting to buy the engine.

I havent had time to do anything, I work 65 hours a week and have a dog on her last legs that requires the time I have left over.

If you will notice I also have a perfect trader rating. On this and other boards.

You handle it like you think is fair Jason, I would like to keep this in private if possible.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Veteran

I can promise you this, You send me $350 and you will get the oil pan as promised. I am a man of my word.

Nor do I, I dont have the time for a pissing match. I have said all I am going to.

I will send the pan as soon as I get a Money order.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 08-31-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats fine we keep it private. I don't like how you lead on that I "knew it had issues" and I "didn't reply to emails" and that I get text you need to check back thats a company phone I has NEVER got text.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

You have a pm
Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have decided to pin the balancer to the crank, screw in another heli-coil not as deep as the other one, use a standard bolt and

BTW guys, I bought this engine off this board. Shortly after buying it the seller deleted the post.....he knew it had issues.
No, he did not. How do I know? He tried to get me to buy that motor. Why in the world would he try to sell me a motor he knew had issues. Hell, my car would be in his garage for the swap so it would be there for a looong time, I know he would.t like that.
Originally Posted by z99ls1
Wow that really sucks
If it were true, yes it would.
The crank is trashed I think, I have tried to contact the seller numerous times to get some help. He has not responded.....he was on this board this morning.

I requested $350 to put a crank in it. We will see if he replies, he hasn't up till now.

I have sent pm, text and e mails with no response. You would think with his prefect trader rating on here he would step up.
He has responded to plenty of your emails and pms and calls etc etc.. I know because I have seen a few. He has a perfect record becquse he always does the right thing.. whether his responsibility or not.

Jason didn't do much of anything to the engine besides pull it. He was parting out a wrecked car. Stuff like that is sold as is and should be checked over by the buyer before purchase. He gave an idle vid, what else did you want?

***I would love to know what vin on the block you are referring to. Ls1s don't have x block for x car, there is no way to tell if that was the exact motor for that exact car. It is irrelevant, I'm just curious.
I saw that motor in that car personally.. It is the motor that came with the car when he bought it. I assume you had the 48** number. That phone hasn't been able to send or receive texts for a little over four years now.

You saw the two vehicles he has.. he is not hard up enough for money to screw people over. Even if was, he isn't that type of guy. To say he purposely sold you a defective product is a joke at best. I think if he holds is end, every claim about him should be deleted, period.

I tell you what I'm a fair guy, you send me the oil pan and pickup tube back like your said you would and I'll send you $350. thats more than fair because that IS what you said correct??? and I'm not gonna get drug into a 50 page debate over this.
This shocks me... Just goes to show even though he thinks he is 100% in the clear he will do what the buyer thinks is right.
The engine PREVIOUSLY in its life had a blown head gasket, the passenger head bolts had been re used and it had a fel pro gasket, so yes it did.

Funny that phone had text when I was wanting to buy the engine.

I havent had time to do anything, I work 65 hours a week and have a dog on her last legs that requires the time I have left over.

If you will notice I also have a perfect trader rating. On this and other boards.

You handle it like you think is fair Jason, I would like to keep this in private if possible.
How was he supossed to know what happened with this motor 8 years ago?
You sure you didn't get numbers mixed up?

This should have been kept private the entire time or in negative trader rating. Open boards is not the place for this.

**phone
Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lemons12
No, he did not. How do I know? He tried to get me to buy that motor. Why in the world would he try to sell me a motor he knew had issues. Hell, my car would be in his garage for the swap so it would be there for a looong time, I know he would.t like that.

If it were true, yes it would.

He has responded to plenty of your emails and pms and calls etc etc.. I know because I have seen a few. He has a perfect record becquse he always does the right thing.. whether his responsibility or not.

Jason didn't do much of anything to the engine besides pull it. He was parting out a wrecked car. Stuff like that is sold as is and should be checked over by the buyer before purchase. He gave an idle vid, what else did you want?

***I would love to know what vin on the block you are referring to. Ls1s don't have x block for x car, there is no way to tell if that was the exact motor for that exact car. It is irrelevant, I'm just curious.
I saw that motor in that car personally.. It is the motor that came with the car when he bought it. I assume you had the 48** number. That phone hasn't been able to send or receive texts for a little over four years now.

You saw the two vehicles he has.. he is not hard up enough for money to screw people over. Even if was, he isn't that type of guy. To say he purposely sold you a defective product is a joke at best. I think if he holds is end, every claim about him should be deleted, period.

This shocks me... Just goes to show even though he thinks he is 100% in the clear he will do what the buyer thinks is right.

How was he supossed to know what happened with this motor 8 years ago?
You sure you didn't get numbers mixed up?

This should have been kept private the entire time or in negative trader rating. Open boards is not the place for this.

**phone

Are you a Moderator?

I tried to keep it private. BTW my XRAY vision was broken when I picked it up, who checks a crank bolt? I noticed it had one in it...I looked at it later getting fuel hours down the road.

I will ship his pan on Friday, because I said I would. Whether anything else happens or not.

Past this I did my part and what I said I would do.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1's have a laser etched last six of the vin on the drivers side in the rear block on the side where the bellhousing bolts up.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you a Moderator?

I tried to keep it private. BTW my XRAY vision was broken when I picked it up, who checks a crank bolt? I noticed it had one in it...I looked at it later getting fuel hours down the road.

I will ship his pan on Friday, because I said I would. Whether anything else happens or not.

Past this I did my part and what I said I would do.
No.

You know how I look at the rest, no reason going over it. I just wanted to clear a few things up that I knew to be facts and just the overall kind of person Jason is, including the type of seller.

You hold your end up, he will hold his.. I have never known him to be any different.

Glad you two got the situation resolved.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1's have a laser etched last six of the vin on the drivers side in the rear block on the side where the bellhousing bolts up.
As far as I have ever been aware the only numbers on the block of an ls1 will only show the year/make.
I have never known there was a way to trace a certain block back to the exact car. The year car? Yes.. But not the exact car.

I could be wrong but I have never heard or seen different. And I'm sure we are talking of the same numbers.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Like a pic of it?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like a pic of it?
Very much so...

Did you get the vin from Jason or do you know of a way to match them?

I am not "calling you out on this", I am genuinly wanting to know... This would be the first time I knew that our blocks were "numbers matching".
Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lemons12
Very much so...

Did you get the vin from Jason or do you know of a way to match them?

I am not "calling you out on this", I am genuinly wanting to know... This would be the first time I knew that our blocks were "numbers matching".

You have a pm. This needs to go to PM
Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

This hole thing needs to be deleted
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Jason you have a PM and E mail. Pan will be sent out today.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jason you have a PM and E mail. Pan will be sent out today.
money sent, a little extortion go's a long way
Old 09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Your pan shipped today as agreed, thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the thread simply needs to be cleaned up. There's a lot of good information about fixing crank threads in this thread.

Quick Reply: Stripped crank threads, failed Helicoil