Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiseco Junkyard Dog Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Wiseco Junkyard Dog Pistons

wanted to know if anyone has seen these, saw the intro video on lsxtv.com? also are any of the vendors stocking these yet? if so how much are they?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump!

interested as well
Old 10-09-2013, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen them at Texas Speed i think, they aren't cheap really, considering the "junkyard" name. I think they were around $700.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Name:  Wiseco53_zpsb2423a07.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  77.9 KB

In the JY series, you get either a pretty high CR or a relatively low CR, I assume for boost, but the boost guys would like 10:1.
The good thing about these is they fit the stock rod with a .945" pin. The pistons below require an aftermarket rod with a .927" pin, which is small block size.

I'm pretty sure the $700 includes rings.

Ron
Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I'd love to see someone make pistons for the stock rods that includes rings for under $500.

Probe is the only one I know of that might meet that criteria.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only reason they are called "junkyard dog" pistons is because they are built to accommodate a .945 wrist pin from a stock GM rod. They are still forged, just the like pistons listed below them on the Wiseco catalog. Personally, if you are going to get a forged piston set, might just as well get some rods to go with them. JM2C
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
I'd love to see someone make pistons for the stock rods that includes rings for under $500.

Probe is the only one I know of that might meet that criteria.
Even if they were $500.00 it doesnt make since to me really. If you are buying a forged pistons, you are most likely buying rod bolts. If you are buying rod bolts you need to have your rods resized. By the time you do that, you have gotten pretty close to a set of rods. I'm not saying its never cost effective but more times that not it just doesnt make since to me. I'm sure you could find some hypereutectics that would make more since for a cheap rebuild though.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Treyvs
The only reason they are called "junkyard dog" pistons is because they are built to accommodate a .945 wrist pin from a stock GM rod. They are still forged, just the like pistons listed below them on the Wiseco catalog. Personally, if you are going to get a forged piston set, might just as well get some rods to go with them. JM2C
Originally Posted by Sales2@Texas-speed
Even if they were $500.00 it doesnt make since to me really. If you are buying a forged pistons, you are most likely buying rod bolts. If you are buying rod bolts you need to have your rods resized. By the time you do that, you have gotten pretty close to a set of rods. I'm not saying its never cost effective but more times that not it just doesnt make since to me. I'm sure you could find some hypereutectics that would make more since for a cheap rebuild though.
Lol yeah, never understood upgrading pistons when rods are the weakest link...

Quick Reply: Wiseco Junkyard Dog Pistons