Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for you guys that have been there done that with heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sepsis
Your question was already in the thread you started.

Yes, You will need to measure the push rod length with a push rod length checker.
Your point is?

Thanks for your help...
Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
The latest plan was to get some PRC 5.3L stage 2.5 heads with a 228 cam. I was going to go this route because its a great DD capable setup and my tuner recomemded it on a budget.
Im wondering from you guys if I will be kicking myself down the road for not spending more on a set of heads?
I understand the prc cnc'd 5.3s are great and raise compression but am I rushing into this? Should I be going for some TFS 215s or something?
I also understand this might turn into a 5.3 vs 6.0 debate
When it comes to heads, you really can't afford to skimp. It will catch up to you later. The TFS head, especially the TEA 215, makes for a durable and powerful setup.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Your point is?

Thanks for your help...

My point is that the answer for the question which you have asked was already answered in another thread. You acknowledged the answer in the other thread. Do you think the answer will be different in this thread?

Is that not clear or something?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My point is that the answer for the question which you have asked was already answered in another thread. You acknowledged the answer in the other thread. Do you think the answer will be different in this thread?

Is that not clear or something?
Actually the answers in the thread are pretty shady. So yea they were not very clear. There was one guy in the thread who said yes but with no info to back it up. Iv been around long enough to know to get answers from more than people who dont sound very sure with no info to back anything up. Whats with giving a hard time over this? You got info thats great if not then why be a dick?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Your question was already in the thread you started.
Yes, You will need to measure the push rod length with a push rod length checker.
Thank god for the ls1tech natzi cop
Old 02-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hammertime
All roller rockers are heavier than stock rockers, but not as strong as the stock ones either. Stock rockers with a trunion upgrade are more than adequate. Setting everything up correctly and achieving the correct geometry are key to making the stockers work well with a big cam.

Lots of info in this forum if you search...

This is exactly what the guys that built the bottom end on mine said, as well as the guys tuning my car, they've run some cars with big cams, big n/a hp and many fi cars with no problems, including there own 408 s/c motor.

What are the trunion upgrades like? worth it with the factory rockers? thinking about a trunion upgrade for mine, most people iv spoken to here about it haven't done them but if its worth it then may do it as cam will have .624 lift and go to round 6,800-7,200rpm when opened right up on the strip.

was told though if bouncing it of limiter all the time then rollers worth it otherwise factory rockers ok.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I think you made the right choice OP, I'll be posting pics of my fresh set soon for you to look at.

Quick Reply: ? for you guys that have been there done that with heads