Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New AFR 210 LSX heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckpitt55
your steering wheel's on the wrong side!!

jk man nice build. is that 416kW? would like to have a look at the torque curve if you have the plot available
Na dude its HP atw, but the superflow that is used to dyno it with is notoriously stingy by 30 HP, regardless im not hung up on dyno numbers im more interested in how it performs, ill post the dyno graph shortly, left the print out at the shop due to the rush on to get it ready
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

right on, saw you mention kw elsewhere in the thread which is why i asked

looks like itd be a riot to drive
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ckpitt55
right on, saw you mention kw elsewhere in the thread which is why i asked

looks like itd be a riot to drive
its great fun, and a handful
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Hi Bud,
Good results for your Ute. I'm the same as you dyno numbers are a guide only and a good dyno is a great tuning aid and then finish off with some road tests. Good luck on Sunday and your times will tell you where you are at.
I'm p----d off I will not be there as have blown a head gasket after the racing down at Lawrence. Would loved to have been there as we could have done a couple of side by side 11sec passes. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Dave.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twizelkiwi
Hi Bud,
Good results for your Ute. I'm the same as you dyno numbers are a guide only and a good dyno is a great tuning aid and then finish off with some road tests. Good luck on Sunday and your times will tell you where you are at.
I'm p----d off I will not be there as have blown a head gasket after the racing down at Lawrence. Would loved to have been there as we could have done a couple of side by side 11sec passes. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Dave.
Aw **** Dave, was looking forward to peeling back a few fords with you, next time for sure, will be interesting to see how it goes down the 1/4 will take a bit of getting used to id say, peddling it off the line will be the trickiest id imagine, anyways let me know if your gonna come up and run a few of the meets over winter and ill come down and we'll make a few passes side by side, would be great fun, regards,
Matt
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by papermushrooms
Aw **** Dave, was looking forward to peeling back a few fords with you, next time for sure, will be interesting to see how it goes down the 1/4 will take a bit of getting used to id say, peddling it off the line will be the trickiest id imagine, anyways let me know if your gonna come up and run a few of the meets over winter and ill come down and we'll make a few passes side by side, would be great fun, regards,
Matt
First couple of passes get used to the VHT. Depending on the day it will be either very sticky if hot or sometimes gets very slippery if cold. When they have the drivers meeting go to the Xmas tree instructions for first time racers. That will explain when to go off the line. (Always go as soon as the
3rd orange light comes up). Yeh manuals are a bit harder to get off the line than auto's but you will get used to it. Most important thing is to have fun.
Will let you know when I will be next racing.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Staging Lane

First couple of passes get used to the VHT. Depending on the day it will be either very sticky if hot or sometimes gets very slippery if cold. When they have the drivers meeting go to the Xmas tree instructions for first time racers. That will explain when to go off the line. (Always go as soon as the
3rd orange light comes up). Yeh manuals are a bit harder to get off the line than auto's but you will get used to it. Most important thing is to have fun.
Will let you know when I will be next racing.
Cool cheers for the heads up, ill let you know how it all goes tomorrow, cheers Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Smile

Cool cheers for the heads up, ill let you know how it all goes tomorrow, cheers Dave
What times and speed did you run on Sunday Matt? I here it was a bloody good meet.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

was a fantastic meet Dave, weather was ace and heaps of great guys there, fastest i managed to dial in was a 12.2 at 114mph, i was struggling to get off the line for most of it either blowing the tires off or bogging it down, once got the tire press. sorted it was hooking great until i smoked the clutch on what would have been the quickest run of the day with the best r/t
anyways not too worried as i have that carbon twin plate sitting here ready to go in, im hanging to get back out again though, how you getting on with repairs?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Teching In

was a fantastic meet Dave, weather was ace and heaps of great guys there, fastest i managed to dial in was a 12.2 at 114mph, i was struggling to get off the line for most of it either blowing the tires off or bogging it down, once got the tire press. sorted it was hooking great until i smoked the clutch on what would have been the quickest run of the day with the best r/t
anyways not too worried as i have that carbon twin plate sitting here ready to go in, im hanging to get back out again though, how you getting on with repairs?
You will be happy with that Matt for a first time on the strip. Yeh tyre pressures are pretty critical on the track. Once you get the grips of the new clutch & track you will be in the 11's easy. Pulled all the plugs out and #4 pot was full of water. All the compressions on the rest of the cylinders are excellent so looks like a blown head gasket between water jacket and cylinder. Will keep in touch and let you know the outcome.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 AM
Staging Lane

You will be happy with that Matt for a first time on the strip. Yeh tyre pressures are pretty critical on the track. Once you get the grips of the new clutch & track you will be in the 11's easy. Pulled all the plugs out and #4 pot was full of water. All the compressions on the rest of the cylinders are excellent so looks like a blown head gasket between water jacket and cylinder. Will keep in touch and let you know the outcome.
Yup no complaints at all, wasn't expecting that clutch to last long anyways, was a **** load of fun though, maybe with the tear down with your beast could be time for more cubes??
Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Yup no complaints at all, wasn't expecting that clutch to last long anyways, was a **** load of fun though, maybe with the tear down with your beast could be time for more cubes??
Na. I wanted to see what I could achieve with a 5.7 without resorting to supercharging, turb's, or nos. I still believe I can get better times on the 1/4 mile yet maybe a 11.5 on the right day. Will have a lot of fun trying to get there lol.

Quick Reply: New AFR 210 LSX heads