Sponsored by:

Ebay heads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Heads

Originally Posted by 5.3-on-steroids
Yea thats what we need, more chinese **** flooding the market to suffocate the remaining 3 companies that still make stuff here....quality stuff. I don't give a damn if these heads flow 450 cfm and give me a bj....I won't buy phoney chinese ****, esp for my american v8.
I would love to know where all of the smaller companies are getting their castings! They are not big enought to own a foundary. I know Edelbrock at one time did their own castings. I am strongly suspect, but could very well be wrong, they are Chineese castings and CNC'd and assembled in the US. Could be a strong selling point for someone if they are US cast.

TT
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tsquared38016
I would love to know where all of the smaller companies are getting their castings! They are not big enought to own a foundary. I know Edelbrock at one time did their own castings. I am strongly suspect, but could very well be wrong, they are Chineese castings and CNC'd and assembled in the US. Could be a strong selling point for someone if they are US cast.

TT
I remember reading an article 10 years ago about Edelbrock's foundry, and supposeldy they provided a lot of compaines with raw castings. That was a while ago though.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

?????

Updates?????
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWolfMatt
?????

Updates?????
I thinks he's in hiding with the tail between his legs lol..JK!!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pauls99z28
With a thread like this one????? I hope not...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pauls99z28
flow numbers must have been atrocious!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

LOL... And so many of you were riding my *** when I was trying to save you from buying these paper weights. Anyone that gave me crap really needs to go back an read ALL my and my Fiancees posts. I had no reason to lie about how bad these heads are and I actually provided pictures and flow numbers for the set we had.

Frank
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by showvette
LOL... And so many of you were riding my *** when I was trying to save you from buying these paper weights. Anyone that gave me crap really needs to go back an read ALL my and my Fiancees posts. I had no reason to lie about how bad these heads are and I actually provided pictures and flow numbers for the set we had.

Frank
Not saying that you had anything to lie about. I was reading this thread because #1: It made me laugh my *** off & #2: Good info for others on a bad set of heads.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by showvette

Frank
Not saying that you didn't get a bad set of heads, but "One bad apple doesn't necessarily mean the tree is rotten"... If every vendor was written off because one bad item left their door, there'd be a lot less vendors out there. Maybe they have changed since you purchased your set. Maybe the set they sent you was just flawed and didn't get QA/QC'd. There's nobody disputing what you're saying. The guy who bought the set already bought the set before your post went up. Sounds like he's making lemonade out of his lemon situation. Chill out. We'll all benefit from the extra data. Ever heard of second opinions? How about statistically valid data? You can't always go off of one data point.

Give the guy some time and if we're lucky, he'll post up the results. What does he have to gain by any of this? What does he have to lose?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Yes, I get the fact that a company may have a problem with one particular set of heads. What people are overlooking is the fact that my Fiancee had set up to be a vendor. Procomp admitted to her that the flow numbers listed in the EBAY ad weren't for those heads. A bad product is one thing. A misrepresented product is another. He offered no excuses and told her that if she wanted a set of heads that flowed the numbers listed in the EBAY ad, they were the one's on their web page that are $610 EACH.

Frank
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. Again, not disputing that. If these come back the same, then it just adds to your argument that this model head isn't a great head. All this can only help and support your argument. Fact is, dude already took a bite of the shinola pie. He may as well describe how it tastes, or?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

What happen with these heads
Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wavebyby
What happen with these heads

Still waiting. This reminds me of my favorite military term, "HURRY UP AND WAIT".
Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 5.3-on-steroids
Yea thats what we need, more chinese **** flooding the market to suffocate the remaining 3 companies that still make stuff here....quality stuff. I don't give a damn if these heads flow 450 cfm and give me a bj....I won't buy phoney chinese ****, esp for my american v8.
Ever notice there's no Chinese folks on here defending their product? Ever wonder why?

1) the people that work in the casting sweatshops are uneducated, can't read or write, and
2) Communist China restricts all access to the outside world.

They can manufacture this junk cheaper than we can make it here for a lot of reasons - extremely cheap or free labor, NO restrictions on metallurgy (if it'll melt, it'll work), NO R&D - just poorly copy what the Americans have built, and zilch trade restrictions - no import tarriffs, sell it here just like in Beijing.

They should paint all this **** orange, just like the rest of the junk that's sold at Harbor Freight.

Rant off.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the op hasn't answered back because the heads were so amazing that he had to bolt them strait onto his car and test them on the street. Then when he went out for a test drive the car was going so fast when he got pulled out that the cops arrested him and took him strait to jail.....he might still be there waiting for bail money because he is broke from spending his last $800 on these heads.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mark21742
Maybe the op hasn't answered back because the heads were so amazing that he had to bolt them strait onto his car and test them on the street. Then when he went out for a test drive the car was going so fast when he got pulled out that the cops arrested him and took him strait to jail.....he might still be there waiting for bail money because he is broke from spending his last $800 on these heads.
bwahahaha! thats a good possibility!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

We came across heads from the same area in california and couldnt pass doing some testing on them. I do not know if these are the same company but have similar pricing and are from the same location. We ordered 18 heads to test on and we were able to test on 2, The other 16 were so wrong in one way or another we sent them back. The 2 we tested on were exactly what we expected, a $600 pair of heads.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I do not know if these are the same heads we tested with certaninty, just be careful. If you do not have the money to throw away you might want to look for something that is known good.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thompson
We came across heads from the same area in california and couldnt pass doing some testing on them. I do not know if these are the same company but have similar pricing and are from the same location. We ordered 18 heads to test on and we were able to test on 2, The other 16 were so wrong in one way or another we sent them back. The 2 we tested on were exactly what we expected, a $600 pair of heads.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I do not know if these are the same heads we tested with certaninty, just be careful. If you do not have the money to throw away you might want to look for something that is known good.
Procomp sells these heads through several aliases. Go back to my pictures and flow numbers on page 2 of this thread. Did they look and flow like those?

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

well damn what happend with the head test
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kad5118
well damn what happend with the head test
He probably blew a head gasket when he found out these are worth more in their weight in metal than on his engine. Who knows, we can only speculate at this point as to what happened to the guy.

Quick Reply: Ebay heads???