Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay heads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think he ever really cared to defend cheap heads, just to put another set of real world results on the table. From what I have read, he has not loss of integrity returning with bad results from the heads, due to the fact he was never defending them, just wanted see how they preform.

Besides all that, I am very interested in seeing how they preform. He should post back, (I hope so) no matter what the results. I don't think anyone should give him any disrespect. He is doing us all a favor. My .02
Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevecritt
I don't think he ever really cared to defend cheap heads, just to put another set of real world results on the table. From what I have read, he has not loss of integrity returning with bad results from the heads, due to the fact he was never defending them, just wanted see how they preform.

Besides all that, I am very interested in seeing how they preform. He should post back, (I hope so) no matter what the results. I don't think anyone should give him any disrespect. He is doing us all a favor. My .02
Um... You do realize that I posted pictures AND flow numbers for these paper weights, right? He basically called me a liar by saying my numbers were "fudged". He went to great lengths to defend these heads in several posts.

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HarshReality
Well everyone stay tuned and subscribe to this thread! Pro Comp head flow show down on APRIL 10 and APRIL 11!
...It's April 20th. Still no numbers?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

why do you care so much what he is doing? Yes i saw all the post. And honestly i believe you were the one who caused more drama than anyone in this thread. Its really no big deal. Don't you think your acting a little childish with all your posts? just saying.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevecritt
why do you care so much what he is doing? Yes i saw all the post. And honestly i believe you were the one who caused more drama than anyone in this thread. Its really no big deal. Don't you think your acting a little childish with all your posts? just saying.
Nope. Just giving people REAL information about junk. I'd hope others would do the same to prevent me from wasting my money. Obviously, you aren't capable of grasping that fact. You might actually learn something from these forums if youd just pay attention to FACTS, instead of arguing with them.

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Alright man. you win! your dad can beat up my dad! That's about how ridiculous this is... lol I respect the passion, but I don't think I'm the one who is inept here, or childish for that matter.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm with you stevecritt, tired of showvette posting in here. If there hadn't been all this back and forth between Harshreality and showvette, we would probably had seen results by now, good or bad.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bowtie316
I'm with you stevecritt, tired of showvette posting in here. If there hadn't been all this back and forth between Harshreality and showvette, we would probably had seen results by now, good or bad.
LOL.. Are you for real? What in the hell do my posts have to do with his results? I'm the one who has actually posted proof for people with a brain to see. Obviously you fall outside that category.

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by showvette
LOL.. Are you for real? What in the hell do my posts have to do with his results? I'm the one who has actually posted proof for people with a brain to see. Obviously you fall outside that category.

Frank
Sure makes me hopeful that something new has been posted (like results) only to come see bickering. Lets let it slide gentlemen!?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank
Frank,

I get your point dude but you have to understand, there are a whole lot of other people that would like a second opinion. I'd like to see a second opinion on these as well even if they are crap heads (which I'm pretty sure they are anyway). That way if his results turn out to be the same as yours then we can all agree and say "Look, showvette was telling the truth after all!"

Just chill out and enjoy the show, if and when he posts results on these heads, take it easy and give him the credit for giving us all yet another reason why we should stay away from these Chinese paper weights.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Frank
You sound like a child, how old are you?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheWolfMatt
Frank,

I get your point dude but you have to understand, there are a whole lot of other people that would like a second opinion. I'd like to see a second opinion on these as well even if they are crap heads (which I'm pretty sure they are anyway). That way if his results turn out to be the same as yours then we can all agree and say "Look, showvette was telling the truth after all!"

Just chill out and enjoy the show, if and when he posts results on these heads, take it easy and give him the credit for giving us all yet another reason why we should stay away from these Chinese paper weights.
Makes sense to me. I'm all for what your saying.

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

You sound like a child, how old are you?
45, which entitles me to be able to identify an idiot. So, have YOU contributed anything constructive to this thread?

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

45, which entitles me to be able to identify an idiot. So, have YOU contributed anything constructive to this thread?

Frank
At this point, why are you still watching this thread? All I have seen you do is insult anyone who questions what you have posted. It is obvious that you believe these are junk heads. You have a total of 29 posts here, 23 are in this thread, and you keep posting like you own the place, why?

Every post you make just makes you look more like the childish ******** that you are.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

At this point, why are you still watching this thread? All I have seen you do is insult anyone who questions what you have posted. It is obvious that you believe these are junk heads. You have a total of 29 posts here, 23 are in this thread, and you keep posting like you own the place, why?

Every post you make just makes you look more like the childish ******** that you are.
BTW, thanks for keeping track of my thread count. As if it's any of your business, I am new to the LS world, but I've been building cars and racing for well over 20 years. I joined this forum because we're building a 2001 Corvette that these heads were supposed to be for. I had the 9th fastest "Bolt On' LT car in the country in '02. My Z has been in GM High Tech twice as well as Chevy High Performance. I also have a '70 Camaro that runs 9.70. Pay real close attention, *******. I'm new to LS motors but I can guarantee you I know more about Performance and racing as a whole than you do. That being said, I know what flow numbers mean, and I know when someone falsly advertises a product. I didn't hack some S10 up and throw a junkyard motor in it!

Frank
Old 04-20-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW, thanks for keeping track of my thread count. As if it's any of your business, I am new to the LS world, but I've been building cars and racing for well over 20 years. I joined this forum because we're building a 2001 Corvette that these heads were supposed to be for. I had the 9th fastest "Bolt On' LT car in the country in '02. My Z has been in GM High Tech twice as well as Chevy High Performance. I also have a '70 Camaro that runs 9.70. Pay real close attention, *******. I'm new to LS motors but I can guarantee you I know more about Performance and racing as a whole than you do. That being said, I know what flow numbers mean, and I know when someone falsly advertises a product. I didn't hack some S10 up and throw a junkyard motor in it!

Frank
Again, just showing everyone how much of a ***** you are.

I'm done in here, sorry to everyone else for helping this guy ^^^ crap in the thread.

Last edited by Bowtie316; 04-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah well I have 21 yrs of race car building experience and I had the 8th fastest lt car in the universe and my '70 camaro went 9.69 in the 1/4 baam! oh and I'm 46. so i have the wisdom also. lol. come on man this is dumb.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank
No offense but how does that have any bearing on the original point of this thread?

Thanks for sharing your results, we need more of that instead of shitty E-mechanics and E-enginebuilders/tuners giving their random useless .02's that they regurgitate or recycle from others in this section.

Its become apparent that these heads are "hit or miss", you and thompson motorsports have clarified this.

Now i would love to see the results from the OP. Just to clarify im not interested in purchasing these heads.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

so you say that these are "hit or miss" can you point me back at where they "hit" I missed it?
honest request.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
so you say that these are "hit or miss" can you point me back at where they "hit" I missed it?
honest request.
Originally Posted by thompson
We came across heads from the same area in california and couldnt pass doing some testing on them. I do not know if these are the same company but have similar pricing and are from the same location. We ordered 18 heads to test on and we were able to test on 2, The other 16 were so wrong in one way or another we sent them back. The 2 we tested on were exactly what we expected, a $600 pair of heads.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I do not know if these are the same heads we tested with certaninty, just be careful. If you do not have the money to throw away you might want to look for something that is known good.

I meant in the sense of them being usable. Thats usually the problem with cheap ebay products though, no quality control.

Quick Reply: Ebay heads???