Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you have this built block fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmBlue
Good for you, I'm glad it worked out. The engine building business isn't easy, the end result is only as good as everyone involved.
Thanks . So far so good, 100 miles on the new motor so far. I have been breaking it in by doing 3/4 throttle runs up to 5k and engine braking back down. Zero smoke so far doing this and the car feels very strong. However, I am getting a whif of oil at idle, but I believe it is coming from my dipstick. I sold my headers for C6Z manifolds and there is no provision for the dipstick, so it is just flopping around. New one is on the way. I don't see any smoke or smell anything from the exhaust, only in the engine bay so I am pretty sure this is the culprit.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me just jump in...the shop and owner are stand up and they know what they are doing, the reason they are going out of business isnt for theyre work, its from the a-hole customers who dont pay there bills and he has completed blocks just sitting around.

i had them do my motor and they will be doing my stroker motor when im ready for it.

if you have any problems let me know, the parent shop is just as good

-Brandon
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
let me just jump in...the shop and owner are stand up and they know what they are doing, the reason they are going out of business isnt for theyre work, its from the a-hole customers who dont pay there bills and he has completed blocks just sitting around.

i had them do my motor and they will be doing my stroker motor when im ready for it.

if you have any problems let me know, the parent shop is just as good

-Brandon
+1, I didn't make this thread to bash anyone, I just wanted feedback on the best route to fix it, but others felt the need to bash someone they never met. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Yes, it was annoying to do the motor swap twice, but they definitely made it right and didn't charge me a dime. The motor is very strong this time around. It is quiet as a mouse and does not smoke one bit.

Who is the parent shop?

Last edited by mchicia1; 01-24-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

i know you werent, it was for the others that wanted to bash the shop.

the parent shop is Andelushia (sp).

-brandon
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Figured I'd update this.

New block has about 2k miles on it. It is very quiet and doesn't burn a drop of oil. I pulled all 8 plugs and they are dryer than with the stock motor.

Thank goodness.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Cool Dood

Quick Reply: How would you have this built block fixed?