Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best heads for a max effort stock bottom end nitrous car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeEnAgE pHeNoM
Yeah Suicidal. It's that easy.
i know
crazy that more people dont think of it
coud probably have it done in a weekend...haha
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TeEnAgE pHeNoM
Yeah Suicidal. It's that easy.
Yep he only left out
Racecraft adj suspension front to back
afco dbl adj frt an rear shocks
Moly 12pt cage
Drag brakes
Light weight wheels
Fiber glass doors,deck lid an dash
lexan all around
Tube column
Custom tube rad an front clip setup like frances johnson has
Full tubs an sheet metal trunk area

Im sure im leaving stuff out..ive owned a couple 4th gens in my time..but yeah weekend job
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
Yep he only left out
Racecraft adj suspension front to back
afco dbl adj frt an rear shocks
Moly 12pt cage
Drag brakes
Light weight wheels
Fiber glass doors,deck lid an dash
lexan all around
Tube column
Custom tube rad an front clip setup like frances johnson has
Full tubs an sheet metal trunk area

Im sure im leaving stuff out..ive owned a couple 4th gens in my time..but yeah weekend job
All that is really not needed.

You don't need Afco's all the way around.
Drag brakes aren't needed
No matter what, you are going to put lightweight wheels on anything you race with.
Doors are already made of fiberglass
I say yes on the decklid but the stock dash can be gutted
Custom tube front is not needed to break the SBE record. With all you are going to remove not much more other than room will be gained with that setup. It will make it lighter but not enough to be worth it to break the record.
I don't see tubs being needed and sheetmetal either. That's preference not mandatory.

teenage phenom has been 9.80 on his untuned setup and has a possible 9.60 in it as it sits with tweaking. He lightens it up he can knock another tenth and a half off or more. That puts it in the 9.40-9.50 range. Right where Andy Carter is with a full weight car is with only the A/C removed and still has stock 241 heads on it. When teenage changes his heads and ups the shot he will be faster and put the stock bottom end record in his hands without doing all what you said needs to be done.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather run a 3rd gen or a mustang for weight and cowl clearance. I've been doing that for awhile now and not using a 4th gen.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right you dont need afcos all around but if you buying shocks an going for a record why would u not spend the extra money over a qa1 deal an get a better shock that could get you a couple tenths better 60/330 wise..

You are right drag brakes are not needed also but again why give up on not cutting some unsprung weight an cut rolling resistance down..as for wheels im not talking bout some pro stars but some alum stars an other lighter versions of a wheel..again i would be looking at everything i could do to help get the record..

As for doors a real glass door vs the factory doors are a whole different story..cutting weight would be key..no you dont need to put full tubs in it but full tubs an 32 gauge alum from the back seat back in one of these cars is about 80#s off the rear also..the front would not be much yes an be a wash but would make the car so so much easier to freaking work on..

Again u dont need it but if your goal is to break that record why put all that effort in the deal to just get it by .1 or some ****..why not set the goal to crush it..least thats my thoughts on it
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
You are right you dont need afcos all around but if you buying shocks an going for a record why would u not spend the extra money over a qa1 deal an get a better shock that could get you a couple tenths better 60/330 wise..

You are right drag brakes are not needed also but again why give up on not cutting some unsprung weight an cut rolling resistance down..as for wheels im not talking bout some pro stars but some alum stars an other lighter versions of a wheel..again i would be looking at everything i could do to help get the record..

As for doors a real glass door vs the factory doors are a whole different story..cutting weight would be key..no you dont need to put full tubs in it but full tubs an 32 gauge alum from the back seat back in one of these cars is about 80#s off the rear also..the front would not be much yes an be a wash but would make the car so so much easier to freaking work on..

Again u dont need it but if your goal is to break that record why put all that effort in the deal to just get it by .1 or some ****..why not set the goal to crush it..least thats my thoughts on it
You realize the record is 9.32? Not in the 8's. lmao. That wouldn't even be in the same category. You're talking about a full blown race car vs more or less street cars.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol everyones thoughts on race cars are different..what makes there car like i posted a race car? I can tell u if my motor was fuel injected an had a car like that i would street strip it..would it be my daily no..but i would cruise it anytime i wanted to unless it was down pouring or snow on the ground...my car is alot like the car i posted..i have adj shocks,drag brakes up front..need e brake for inspection so i aint swapped that..have another set of light weight doors withlexan for it..has tube k mem,a arms,uppers an lowers..gutted dash,kirky an so on..its my street strip toy an can pass a inspection..horn,e brake,turn signals,wipers an washer all work..has to even have full exh out past the bumper..if i didnt have bronze guides in the heads i would drive it from mass to florida no lie
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

An yes i know what the record is but why not put it into the 8s..again like i said before me i would make that my goal..aint like there will be a astric next to it saying done in a street car because like said everyones ideas on what a street car is verys way to much..i had a 4th gen when i was in florida..it had no wipers,sat on slicks,no horn,no ebrake or turn signals an was fully legal there besides the slicks lol..but as everyone of us know the street car or drag car on the street debate will always go on forever..

Now screw the b.s anymore ideas on what u want to use an such?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still up in the air but I have an idea. I'm going to dial in the car with the power it makes after I do the gear swap and converter restall then see where that puts me. After that I'll decide on next engine mods accordingly. I'm a firm believer of a few changes at the time. Otherwise it's hard to tell exactly what you picked up with a specific part. I don't believe in just throwing at bunch of parts at a car at once and expecting it to just miraculously run the number.

Quick Reply: Best heads for a max effort stock bottom end nitrous car!