Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent connecting rod.. What next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, what ^ baronsmith98 said... I too am contemplating a 408 build for my truck. The best price for the parts I found was at TSP for around $3800.00 http://texas-speed.com/p-588-tsp-408...ort-block.aspx. Then I upgraded to K-1 rods and crank and ARP studs then the price shoots to $4300.00. When you upgrade the bottom end it leads you to a larger cam which leads to better heads, ie... valve springs, CNC porting, upping the compression and such. That leads to headers or better exhaust system, intake and tune.... The next thing I knew my build total shot up to over $6500.00 real quick with me doing all the work. Time to hold off, take a breather and do more research as to what my true goals are. My truck like your car is my DD so being down without it is out of the question. My lifters are trashed so for now I'm going with heads,cam, lifters and of course timing chain and oil pump. Then look for another 6.0 to build and do it right on my time not being rushed by the fact I need my truck... Good luck man. Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by westduncan
Yeah, what ^ baronsmith98 said... I too am contemplating a 408 build for my truck. The best price for the parts I found was at TSP for around $3800.00 http://texas-speed.com/p-588-tsp-408...ort-block.aspx. Then I upgraded to K-1 rods and crank and ARP studs then the price shoots to $4300.00. When you upgrade the bottom end it leads you to a larger cam which leads to better heads, ie... valve springs, CNC porting, upping the compression and such. That leads to headers or better exhaust system, intake and tune.... The next thing I knew my build total shot up to over $6500.00 real quick with me doing all the work. Time to hold off, take a breather and do more research as to what my true goals are. My truck like your car is my DD so being down without it is out of the question. My lifters are trashed so for now I'm going with heads,cam, lifters and of course timing chain and oil pump. Then look for another 6.0 to build and do it right on my time not being rushed by the fact I need my truck... Good luck man. Keep us posted on your progress!
$6500 for all that? I think you mean closer to $11,000...

Quick Reply: Bent connecting rod.. What next?