Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any good valve covers for my 402

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good valve covers for my 402

I put aluminum roller rockers and had to trim the baffles under my valve covers, is there any covers out there that existe that would clear my rockers and have a good baffling system so that i don't get any oil in my intake systeme.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

so i am guessing there is no better valve covers out there better than stock to improve baffeling.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Did you at least try to look around on your own or just decided leave it up to LS1Tech to spoon feed you?

Take a look at the GMPP valve covers or the Proform valve covers. Both have decent baffling and are taller than stock while still fitting in an Fbody. They run between $200-350 depending on which ones you go with. You could also use spacers with the stock valve covers for a more modest budget.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes i did dope head, i found not much out there with any explanation about improved baffeling and clearence issue, was looking for coments about people that had bought some and were satified with them and not idiot coments like yours. whats your probleme?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by 35th camaro
yes i did dope head, i found not much out there with any explanation about improved baffeling and clearence issue, was looking for coments about people that had bought some and were satified with them and not idiot coments like yours. whats your probleme?
First of all, at least write like you passed the 5th grade before you call someone an idiot.

Second, don't act like you weren't being a smartass with your second post. You didn't get any responses to your question, so you guess there are no better valve covers? If you weren't being a smartass, then you really are just completely leaving it up to the forum for information. I found my valve covers on my own research. Take just one look at the GMPP or Proform valve covers and you can clearly see at least an inch of height over the stock valve covers.

Lastly, you are welcome.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

so the idiot coment ofended you but not the dope head, guess i was only 1/2 rite, sorry for the idiot coment. dont se were in my second post that i was being a smart ***, because in my search i did not find any coments about these covers improving baffeling over stock, and same as being taller i was looking for coments about clearence problemes like needing longer plug wire or???. please don't reply, your opinion is just ruining my reasonable post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please don't reply, your opinion is just ruining my reasonable post[/QUOTE]

No! I believe your spelling & the use of the English language is.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

so the idiot coment ofended you but not the dope head, guess i was only 1/2 rite, sorry for the idiot coment. dont se were in my second post that i was being a smart ***, because in my search i did not find any coments about these covers improving baffeling over stock, and same as being taller i was looking for coments about clearence problemes like needing longer plug wire or???. please don't reply, your opinion is just ruining my reasonable post
Your profile says your in Canada, is English not your first language?

I'm not poking fun at you at all I'm just curious..
Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

French is my first language, i am doing my best in english and not using any grammar correction program. my spelling i can improve like other people's personality could also need improvement. is that the way you would treat people in person? don't see why in the first place he found the thread offencive and to take time to reply negatively, should have just click return to next question.
still would like some feedback about valve cover's since i am doing the springs this winter in my Igloo garage.

Last edited by 35th camaro; 10-22-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Banned

the LS9 valve covers have a nice baffle built in and have coil packs that bolt directly to the covers not a bracket.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 AM
KCS

French is my first language, i am doing my best in english and not using any grammar correction program. my spelling i can improve like other people's personality could also need improvement. is that the way you would treat people in person? don't see why in the first place he found the thread offencive and to take time to reply negatively, should have just click return to next question.
still would like some feedback about valve cover's since i am doing the springs this winter in my Igloo garage.
So because you got no answers to your question, did you really think that there were no better valve covers? Is that what you meant by your second post?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

for the baffles, yes that is what i tought, i did not find any info about improved baffeling, i kno now that on the newer 5.3 litre trucks that there is a tsb out to change the valve covers as part of the solution if the customers has complaint about excessive oil consuption
not sure these covers would fit my 402(stock ls1 covers), also not sure if my rockers would clear the baffles on these newer covers.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KCS
Did you at least try to look around on your own or just decided leave it up to LS1Tech to spoon feed you?

Take a look at the GMPP valve covers or the Proform valve covers. Both have decent baffling and are taller than stock while still fitting in an Fbody. They run between $200-350 depending on which ones you go with. You could also use spacers with the stock valve covers for a more modest budget.
LOL../\

OP check my build thread...

Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking engine there 96lt4...def digging the valve covers and coil bracket, I'm Not a fan of hiding the coils, like how ur setup deletes the brackets though
Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

i just put some 1/2 inch cover spacers to clear my roller rockers with stock covers.
keep it simple stupid is what i like.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by KCS
So because you got no answers to your question, did you really think that there were no better valve covers?
...yes that is what i tought....
Wow okay. Well, let me help you out some more then. These are a few shots of the valve covers I bought from Proform. For $200, I'm actually kind of impressed with the quality. Not a fan of the hardware, but I can manage.

Inside baffle:

Distance from rail to baffle:

Quick Reply: any good valve covers for my 402