Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cstraub
No backorders on the product and to the best of my knowledge all orders have been processed. Shipping 100 kits to Australia today.
Who stocks these in Australia?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took a few apart today just because I was nervous
Parts are working perfect! Light polish where they ride on shaft, looks untouched where they don't. This is race oriented car with under 2000 miles on these. Springs are PAC set up at 170-450, rev limiter set at 7500 and hit often on track in wheel spin. These are the newer design, working well!

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?-img_2323-1-.jpg   Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?-img_2324.jpg   Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?-img_2326.jpg   Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?-img_2327.jpg  
Old 07-20-2016, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I lost my mother on July 5th and haven't posted much on forum over the last couple of weeks. Haven't felt like it.

Mr. Robinson, you post 434# where you state lets get "honest with people" is a dead giveaway you have an agenda. This is after you have publicly quoted a board sponsor who states they are looking for new manufacturing of trunnions kit where you state in post 421# PM sent. It is my ASSUMPTION and IMO that you are going to mfg and possibly market trunnions kits in the future. If this does happen then it would make sense why in post 146# you were looking for data. When I would not give it your remarks in 154# made it clear you ego was hurt and IMO the AGENDA started.

Foolish of me to think when you posted an your first round round of pics of the oil and the supposed contamination. I'm glad you clarified that container had been contaminated by other liquids.

Again foolish me wanting to help offered to send a complete built set. I will say thank you for your pictures. We did some procedure changes to how we assemble the rocker sets to minimize any particles.

Mr. Robinson I don't know what your "Agenda" is but by your statements and actions IMO there is clearly one to discredit me and my products. So at this point sir...Good luck on your endeavors.

To the rest of the board. We are approaching or may have exceeded 5000 kits shipped since February. I have had a total of 5 reports of squealing up to the point that we started shipping Driven Assembly grease with the kits. Since then we have had Zero. Customers reports:
Kit is simple to install using common tools found at home.
Overall Valve train noise greatly reduced.
No oil pressure changes.
Oil changes are normal.
Customers range from Airboat engines with run time as long as 18 hours, to high end drag cars, to the weekend enthusist.

The Don'ts:
Do not install the kit dry. Even though the alloy is a self lubricating impregnated bronze you need to use an assembly grease when putting them together.

The Why's
This kit was designed to prevent catastrophic failure. When needle bearing trunnions fail, OEM or Aftermarket, and it is not caught in time the needles can find their way to the oil pump and destroy the engine. A bushing trunnion IS NOT A FOREVER PART. IT WILL FAIL AT SOME POINT. The thing it will not do is destroy your engine. It will continue to wear until your valvetrain is so noisy you check it.

I have addressed this and I consider this closed based on the thousands of happy customers we have in the field and the dealers that continue to order the product.

Thank you.

Chris Straub
Old 07-20-2016, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?

427/Kurt, what rocker is shown in your pics...?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vade Velociter
Who stocks these in Australia?
Crow Cams
Old 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 427
I took a few apart today just because I was nervous
Parts are working perfect! Light polish where they ride on shaft, looks untouched where they don't. This is race oriented car with under 2000 miles on these. Springs are PAC set up at 170-450, rev limiter set at 7500 and hit often on track in wheel spin. These are the newer design, working well!

Kurt

And this is the NORM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Factory LS7. It is running in a second gen Camaro Pro Touring type car, mostly auto X and road race, with a few street miles for fun.

Kurt
Originally Posted by joecar
427/Kurt, what rocker is shown in your pics...?
Old 07-20-2016, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 532 Likes on 412 Posts

[QUOTE=Cstraub;19333606]I lost my mother on July 5th and haven't posted much on forum over the last couple of weeks.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm very sorry that you lost your mother. When I lost my mother it was very hard for me, then my dad past and there are no words to describe the pain. Please accept my deepest condolences.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cstraub
I lost my mother on July 5th and haven't posted much on forum over the last couple of weeks. Haven't felt like it.

Mr. Robinson, you post 434# where you state lets get "honest with people" is a dead giveaway you have an agenda. This is after you have publicly quoted a board sponsor who states they are looking for new manufacturing of trunnions kit where you state in post 421# PM sent. It is my ASSUMPTION and IMO that you are going to mfg and possibly market trunnions kits in the future. If this does happen then it would make sense why in post 146# you were looking for data. When I would not give it your remarks in 154# made it clear you ego was hurt and IMO the AGENDA started.

Foolish of me to think when you posted an your first round round of pics of the oil and the supposed contamination. I'm glad you clarified that container had been contaminated by other liquids.

Again foolish me wanting to help offered to send a complete built set. I will say thank you for your pictures. We did some procedure changes to how we assemble the rocker sets to minimize any particles.

Mr. Robinson I don't know what your "Agenda" is but by your statements and actions IMO there is clearly one to discredit me and my products. So at this point sir...Good luck on your endeavors.

To the rest of the board. We are approaching or may have exceeded 5000 kits shipped since February. I have had a total of 5 reports of squealing up to the point that we started shipping Driven Assembly grease with the kits. Since then we have had Zero.

I have addressed this and I consider this closed based on the thousands of happy customers we have in the field and the dealers that continue to order the product.

Thank you.

Chris Straub
My sincerest condolences to you and your family on the loss.

Take it how you would like, and I refuse to go into negative exchange with you.

In no way did manufacturing these trunions ever cross my mind, nor would it.

Your arrogant post proves volumes. In the end I'm a customer who bought a product and it failed.

Then you respond with: Your foolish for trying to help , and by helping you send another inferior product to replace the first?

As far as discrediting you or your product.......The above speaks for itself.

Best Regards
Old 07-20-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your mother. I've championed the product a bit, albeit quietly, and agree with the idea that these WILL wear. So will everything else.

--the other Chris
Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 AM
Teching In

So sorry for your loss

Old 07-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Condolences Mr. Straub. I know how it feels to lose your mother. Thank you for being a stand up honest guy in your business. I am sooo glad to see this thread gaining popularity because I was one of the first to bring up this topic back in 2013. Machinistone and I had some interaction on the subject. The pics he posted are actually what I sent him of my trunnion. I already have CHE bushed kits in mine or I would go this route.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you to all. In reality life is temporary. For us and mother earth. As we all grow older the understanding of this comes more clear and defined. In my time limit here it is my goal to leave a positive impact on the industry that I so love.

Again thank you to all of you.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:44 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I think Chris hit the nail on the head with "it's a part that WILL wear."
The good thing is when you HEAR it, you simply change them out for new ones, rather than shitting yourself over the possibility of ump-teen needle bearings being scattered throughout the engine.

After much discussion with the wife, I'm grabbing a set for her 2012 LSA'd CTS-V and my own LS7 09 Z06.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I think Chris hit the nail on the head with "it's a part that WILL wear."
The good thing is when you HEAR it, you simply change them out for new ones, rather than shitting yourself over the possibility of ump-teen needle bearings being scattered throughout the engine.

After much discussion with the wife, I'm grabbing a set for her 2012 LSA'd CTS-V and my own LS7 09 Z06.
Well, I hope that I don't start hearing them anytime soon...
Old 07-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Chris God bless your mother , you are a skilled individual .thank you for being a solid product to the market . I have always worried about the trunnions now I can happily keep
Old 07-25-2016, 04:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Jontall
Well, I hope that I don't start hearing them anytime soon...
That statement is more intented for the people that can't wrap their minds around the fact that the majority of parts inside your engine are wear parts and will one day wear and need to be replaced or reconditioned. Chris is offering a great product that will handle greater stress for a longer period compared to the needle bearings. Nothing is forever, but I doubt that the majority of people installing these will manage to ever wear them out, save for the hardcore race engines putting extreme stress on the trunnions and bushings. And from what we've seen so far, even those seem to be showing great results.

Quick Reply: Straub Bushing Trunion Kits?