Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ai 219hcr & sns2

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RollinSScamaro
How was the racetronix and hot wire kit install? That's on my list but waiting to get my motor back in.. any pointers for my intall? How long did it take you?
I was actually surprised at how simple it was. The instructions for replacing the pump itself are very detailed. The one connection gets replaced on the bulk head that's on top of the tank and then the hot wire kit is plug n play from there. I've never done anything like this before and I broke it up between two evenings. That's dropping the tank by myself and putting it back up.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool sounds like it shouldn't be too bad then.. I was planning to cut a trap door in case it ever fails again.. I'll have to start reading through some of the instructions before hand to get familiar with it. Good to see everything coming together for you.. I'm waiting on the machine shop with my motor, taking longer than planned..
Old 02-25-2017, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RollinSScamaro
Cool sounds like it shouldn't be too bad then.. I was planning to cut a trap door in case it ever fails again.. I'll have to start reading through some of the instructions before hand to get familiar with it. Good to see everything coming together for you.. I'm waiting on the machine shop with my motor, taking longer than planned..

Yeah I didn't see this taking me as long as it did either. If I had to do another fuel pump I'd drop the tank again. It honestly wasn't that bad. I did it off jack stands by myself and I'm kind of a small dude.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

OK guys I'm looking for help. So Wednesday I finished my fuel pump and I started right up. There was one problem. Injector #7 was leaking fuel. So I this weekend I took it apart and the oring was rolled. So I put it back in place and put the intake back on. Turned the key forward without starting it because it was kind of late that night. Didn't leak so I thought I was good to go. Well I went to start it today and it just cranks & cranks & cranks & gives the occasional poof. I am dumb founded as all I did was take the intake off. I've triple checked ever connection unplugging everything and plugging it back in. Checked all the fuses and they're good. Anyone have any advise?
Old 02-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Check fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge. It should prime to 60 with the Racetronix setup. If it loses pressure immediately, either your injector is still leaking or the stupid flimsy **** tube Racetronix gives your from the pump to the bulkhead is leaking (mine was doing that and bleeding off pressure). It hard started all the time until I fixed it.

Also, I know you're past this, but for anyone else, with the plugs out, my car turned over easily using a 1/2" ratchet on the ARP bolt and crank pulley. With the plugs in, I had to use a cheater bar to turn it.

So, I don't know if you should have had as much trouble as you did as my springs are pretty similar to yours.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

I really hope it's not that tube as the tank now has 10 gal of fuel in it..
Old 05-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

I've been working out some kinks and breaking the clutch in over the last two months. I may have some numbers by the end of next week!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

What did the startup problem end up being?
Old 05-09-2017, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm going to guess that it was a broken ground on the back of the cylinder head!
Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
What did the startup problem end up being?
Something I almost feel stupid telling you guys....
I didn't send the computer to get a baseline tune and about 30-45 min of run time fouled the plugs LOL
Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

I seriously doubt you're the only one to have done so...... lesson for us all to learn from! Glad you got it straightened out!
Old 05-10-2017, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I almost did the same thing until someone mentioned it to me a few days before i was going to start mine up.. I ended up paying my tuner extra to come to my house and throw a base tune in.. I doubt you will be the first or last to do it
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

So it took me longer than expected to work a few bugs out and get the tuning done. It made 407/364 in 3rd gear. So slightly higher if it we're in 4th.

I've never had anything more than a stock fbody and all I can say is this thing pulls like crazy! I'll be upgrading the rear end this winter so I can put some stickys on this thing and see what it can do.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

What kind of dyno Trent? Main mods were the AI heads, SNS cam, and TD's? Been awhile since I followed this thread, looks like you stayed with the LS6 intake. Numbers seem low to me but theres so many variables its hard to tell. I know 4th gear in the T56 gives the 1:1 ratio but I thought I only remember maybe a 10rwhp difference from 3rd to 4th, maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Mustang Dyno so yeah pry closer to 420/375 in 4th.
AI heads, SNS2 cam, LS6 intake, POTZ TB, TSP 1 7/8 LT & TSP cat back. I had the SE true dual system for a few weeks but couldn't stand it.

Quick Reply: Ai 219hcr & sns2