Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

We have all these Billet Parts and the AlignIt Tools in stock and ready for same day shipping!

Billet Oil Improvement Parts, Help unfiltered oil out of the bearings and lifters.
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/OilS...provement.html

AlignIt Tools, get the rear Main and Timing Covers perfectly aligned with the crank and prevent leaks and premature seal failure!
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/AlignItTools.html

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

In stock ready for same day shipping.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dumb question, how is the stock plastic barbell removed? I have my rear cover off and it’s pretty dang snug and sitting flush to the end of the block, nothing to grab onto.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vemon
Dumb question, how is the stock plastic barbell removed? I have my rear cover off and it’s pretty dang snug and sitting flush to the end of the block, nothing to grab onto.
Hi Venom,
Generally, you can pry it out with a small screwdriver or ice pick type tool.
Happy New Year!
Christian

Old 01-01-2020, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

hay.....sac.........could not help but notice one of your competitors has a double O ringed barbell.....
Old 01-01-2020, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
hay.....sac.........could not help but notice one of your competitors has a double O ringed barbell.....
Which competitor?
Old 01-01-2020, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

There are also a ton of chinesium knock offs already. If youre looking at buying from them or one of the people they recommend, dont buy it. Its not expensive and no need to cheap out on such an important part.
2 o rings is beyond redundant and seems kind of ridiculous. You only have so much real estate to work with.
The following users liked this post:
saccitycorvette (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 05:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hi everyone,

Yes, I see Improved racing took our barbell idea and added the Oring. Nothing against IR, they are a good company, but honestly, our barbell fits so good that the only particle that might ever get by will be smaller than the filter would stop anyway. IMO, the Oring is just another part in the engine to worry about.

Also, we know there now several companies (Chinese and American) that have copied our Barbell and other Billet oil parts we designed and manufacture. It cost a lot more to use top quality materials and keep tight tolerances, not to mention all the R&D we put into these parts. We know the Chinese are copycats
steeling intellectual property, but I find it Disgraceful when the American companies are doing that to other American companies, they should ashamed and embarrassed! We recently had a customer that normally buys Barbells from us say he accidentally bough a knockoff. He sent a picture of a Barbell all messed
up next to one of ours. He said the knockoff was such a tight fit that he tapped it in and then it got stuck halfway in. It got all messed up when he had to pry it out. We also are constantly getting asked what the difference between Are’s and the copycats. Don’t need to go into detail here but, they are not the same just because the look alike.

I would just like to kindly ask all of you not to buy from copycats and support the companies that have put in the time and money to bring you the best quality products. Don’t you want the best for the money!

If you are interested, we have our Billet parts on sale for the Holidays, but it ends tomorrow.

https://www.saccitycorvette.com/Holi...provement.html

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Christian

Last edited by saccitycorvette; 01-01-2020 at 05:40 PM.
G Atsma (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Adding a list of preferred retailers and maybe trying to keep your product from getting watered down by keeping them off ebay and Amazon are 2 ways to help ensure quality and that the customer always gets authentic pieces.

As you know most people say "well i got it off Amazon or Ebay" and if we know that they arent recommended to be sold there we can automatically tell them they got a knock off.

Just some ideas. The preferred resellers would help alot im sure though.
G Atsma (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 08:35 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,508 Likes on 2,162 Posts

Wow. Seeing the counterfeiting happening with the big ticket items doesn’t surprise me, but going through the trouble to market and produce a counterfeit item that doesn’t cost much to start with seems awful desperate to me. I’m not referring to Improved here. They added an o-ring and called it theirs. I don’t see how the front o-ring isn’t going to get cut or chewed up on install, as the oil gallery corners in there are very sharp...but that’s their business. I’ve used several SAC barbells and will continue to buy from you guys in the future. Proven parts that work well. Hope 2020 is a great year for you guys, and appreciate your innovation and support for the industry.
G Atsma (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 10:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Adding a list of preferred retailers and maybe trying to keep your product from getting watered down by keeping them off ebay and Amazon are 2 ways to help ensure quality and that the customer always gets authentic pieces.

As you know most people say "well i got it off Amazon or Ebay" and if we know that they arent recommended to be sold there we can automatically tell them they got a knock off.

Just some ideas. The preferred resellers would help alot im sure though.
Good to hear from you WS6store!Those are good Ideas about keeping stuff off eBay and Amazon. We don't put any of our new stuff on there. EBay & Amz could stop in easily if they want to but it’s all about the money.
But because we already put stuff on and in all got copied, we leave them on there, but we let everyone know about the copycats.
Our sales went down, about 45% when the copies all started showing up on eBay and Amazon. Since letting everyone know about the copycats, we are only down about 26%.
Still bad for us, but it shows pretty much if you make customers aware, they would
prefer to buy authentic instead of cheap inferior parts for the cars, especially the people on forums like this one that are into quality.

BTW, I’m not talk about Improved Racing here, because they did add the Oring trying to improve on a existing part, which is what we do or try to do and that is what the performance industry is all about.

G Atsma (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 10:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Wow. Seeing the counterfeiting happening with the big ticket items doesn’t surprise me, but going through the trouble to market and produce a counterfeit item that doesn’t cost much to start with seems awful desperate to me. I’m not referring to Improved here. They added an o-ring and called it theirs. I don’t see how the front o-ring isn’t going to get cut or chewed up on install, as the oil gallery corners in there are very sharp...but that’s their business. I’ve used several SAC barbells and will continue to buy from you guys in the future. Proven parts that work well. Hope 2020 is a great year for you guys, and appreciate your innovation and support for the industry.
Thanks Che70velle for your business and your comments!
It looks like they slip that Oring into the actual gallery which is a tiny bit smaller, but you would still have to be careful because those oil passage are super sharp and could still cut the Oring.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Christian

G Atsma (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

I have your barbell and oil filter plug....in both my cars.....happy with your products and supporting AMERICAN business
G Atsma (01-02-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Thanks Che70velle for your business and your comments!
It looks like they slip that Oring into the actual gallery which is a tiny bit smaller, but you would still have to be careful because those oil passage are super sharp and could still cut the Oring.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Christian

G Atsma (01-02-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have your barbell and oil filter plug....in both my cars.....happy with your products and supporting AMERICAN business
Thank you so much for supporting SacCityCorvette and American business! We appreciate it!
Christian

Old 01-02-2020, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No problem! We will only use your guys stuff for that and we include them in every gasket kit and rebuild kit because we are so impressed with the product over the std gm and the minor cost difference is basically the cost of drinks and wings at BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) so its easy to justify for the improvement it gives.
The following 2 users liked this post by tech@WS6store:
Che70velle (01-02-2020), G Atsma (01-03-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 11:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
No problem! We will only use your guys stuff for that and we include them in every gasket kit and rebuild kit because we are so impressed with the product over the std gm and the minor cost difference is basically the cost of drinks and wings at BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) so its easy to justify for the improvement it gives.
We appreciate you guys and BWW!

Christian

G Atsma (01-02-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 01:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe during this crazy time of the virus.
Just wanted to let you know, while we are practicing the virus safety precautions, we still have our same day shipping of our products.

Stay safe and let’s get through this!

Christian
SacCityCorvette

Old 04-23-2020, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Ordered 3/11/2020. Received 4/21/2020. From California to Sweden in Corona times

Old 04-23-2020, 12:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thank you for your business Vikingramair, we really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: If you haven't tought much about the oil galley Barbell check this out!