Sponsored by:

Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Rockwell Tests + China

Hi ALL, THUS STATED by WS-6 CHINA = OK

NOW when I state this, I am ON A SOAP BOX ?

FIVE SETS ? = CHINA as read, am I incorrect ?

CHINA BEARINGS ARE CRAP !

Lance, BTW correct items CAN be made on this planet !
Old 07-21-2017, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lance, not being rude or anything, but are you originally from the U.S.? Just wondering because of the way you state/word some of your questions or responses.

Now, a lot of people swear by Timken bearings and use them whenever possible. Yet some, if not most, of Timken's bearings are made in China and are very good quality.

German made bearings, in my opinion, are the best quality.

Last edited by 07NBSChevy; 07-21-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

Lance is obviously not from the us. and id recommend he delete his post and not muck up this thread either.

He is just here to try and troll on me when i never said all chinese parts were bad in th first place. it shows how little he understands english.

Second, lance has literally given poor advice over bad advice in nearly every thread. i ONLY chastised him in the threads i was i and have not hunted down every thread he posts in and trolled him.

Those chinese ebay studs are crap. some nuts wont even thread on the bolts. some break off torquing them down...and that number is way higher than it should ever be. telling they are as good as arp is laughable as well.

If i given the other option of ntn/national/bca besrings it would be from...maybe china also...or japan...or the us as they make them in those places also.

Using a caps is really a great way to get the point across as well. -_-
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,424 Posts

I believe he is from New Zealand.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, it's more than that. I think he gets upset, something gets lost in translation and he doesn't correct it, and some of his more off the handle posts make no sense. Maybe he leaves a tab open on the browser and half replies to a comment

I can't tell if he's talking bad about China parts or if he's saying China parts are ok. His advice is all over the place.

It's hard to understand him, and take him seriously when I don't understand what he's saying or who he's asking a question or making a statement to.

So as with everything take all advice and opinions on the internet with a grain of salt
Old 07-22-2017, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 07NBSChevy
Lance, not being rude or anything, but are you originally from the U.S.? Just wondering because of the way you state/word some of your questions or responses.

Now, a lot of people swear by Timken bearings and use them whenever possible. Yet some, if not most, of Timken's bearings are made in China and are very good quality.

German made bearings, in my opinion, are the best quality.
The difference between Timken bearings made in China and just some bearings made in China is the fact Timken actually owns the factory and has people employed there from the US to oversee operations and quality.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case in most situations. Most bearing are just contracted out for manufacture and it is a crap shoot to whatever you get.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Oh OK. A Rh test isn't hard(poor word choice, lol) just need the tester. I used one in college about a century ago, nothing to it.
That would be a Rc test for hardness using a Rockwell tester. Ra, or surface finish is tested by a Profilometer.

If somebody has an old Comp trunion, I can have it tested for material composition and hardness. I can possibly check surface finish if there is a large enough area where the bearing hasn't ridden.My guess would be about 50 HRc, 32 Ra finish, and the material is something pretty generic like 4140.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The testing alone on our trunion was pretty pricey. But worth it imo. Fwiw c&u owns their own facilities.

i cant get this other picture to turn out right either with my phone or my reg camera. The machining on the side of the trunions even were diff. Ill see if that one will show up right.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joyridin'
That would be a Rc test for hardness using a Rockwell tester. Ra, or surface finish is tested by a Profilometer.

If somebody has an old Comp trunion, I can have it tested for material composition and hardness. I can possibly check surface finish if there is a large enough area where the bearing hasn't ridden.My guess would be about 50 HRc, 32 Ra finish, and the material is something pretty generic like 4140.
Well that is a nice offer, would it be possible for you to test 2?
If so that would be great if the WS6 people would ship you 1 of each, a comp
trunion and there trunion.
that way a test could be done on both with the same Instrument, I'm sure
any stand up company wouldn't have any problem with showing off there
product if they believe in it.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You need be less conspicuous with your bias. We have no need to tear another rocker apart just to satisfy you. Like we said before we do not need your snide input nor business. Our testing was done by one of the better labs in the USA Tensile Testing. So we are good. We did not test the comp trunion, and i do have a spare one that i said i would send for him to test.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Oh, I agree I wouldn't tear down another rocker apart just for testing, I would just use the one's you have in the pictures a few post back. And I doubt that I am the only one that
would like to see the 2 tested together, I think many future customers would like to
see the difference between the 2. Any way you could get a closer picture of your trunion,
like the close picture of the Comp one. I am sure many future customer would like to see
a close up as well.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The one that was sent for testing was destroyed in the tests. That is normally what happens esp with a small sample. Those pics were taking prior to sending it off.
So far you are the the only one. Esp the only one making a huge witch hunt about it.

If you read the post youd notice one picture was of our trunion and one of comp. I already granted your wish before you asked.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,424 Posts

Hey Sluggo, WS6store has proven how well they stand behind their stuff. They owe you NOTHING in proving the new trunnion is better. Have you seen the flood of posts asking for testing of the trunnion? Me neither. YOU are IT.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I did take a few comparo pics before the trunion of doom was sent off to get tested.

Here they are. Lets see who can guess which is which....(fyi the orientation or the trunions stay the same through the pics)

The flash kind of made everything super bright esp off the background, but taken with my high res camera so i could go over some finer visual points with another party.

Thats all folks.
I took 2 pics right now for the finger pointer lowkey trying to accuse me of diversion or subterfuge....they give it away though.

Both ends of the same trunion.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Oh those are good pictures! The pictures you just took, is that the Trunion that got destroyed
in the testing?
Old 07-22-2017, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You should really read the thread. You wouldnt have to ask questions twice.

I took one rocker. Pressed out the trunion. Checked it out vs a comp trunion out of the comp kit bag (that i still have right infront of me that i just took pictures of on my coffee table) took a few pictures of them with both my phone and my camera for high res. Then i sent our trunion off to be teste. It was destroyed in the testing. They drilled holes all the way to the core to check structure and heat treat depth amonst other surface damaging tests. So why would i ask for it back? So i could have a $350 paperweight?

I thought about sending the comp out for testing as well...but honestly with all the failure threads out, why beat a dead horse? Esp since just visually you can see the difference.

I have maybe 1 or 2 more pictures of the trunions but i cannot find them at the moment. One was a side profile of our rocker. The easiest way to tell the two apart is the machined hole in the sides of the trunion. Well the obvious lack of machining on the comp ends...but one end was fine and the other was odd with the rough machined rings.

Thats the long and short of it.

Im not a magician i did not produce another trunion that was destroyed and im def not going to disassemble another.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuschPerformance
The rocker arms are not Chinese. They are GM. The trunnion and bearing assembly is Chinese, if you read the thread
A lot of factory GM parts are Chinese made
Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Nevermind, I just read where people said these aren't the Chinese knock offs.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Seems like a good product at a good value/price point. If you have read this whole thread from front to back and fail to recognize that - that is your problem. $230 is hardly a risk for new parts.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
A lot of factory GM parts are Chinese made
Originally Posted by speedtigger
Nevermind, I just read where people said these aren't the Chinese knock offs.
Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
Seems like a good product at a good value/price point. If you have read this whole thread from front to back and fail to recognize that - that is your problem. $230 is hardly a risk for new parts.
Thank you guys for actually reading the thread.

I wouldnt say ALOT of parts are chinese made....but the orig lsx blocks were only machined here.

The callies c series and compstar are/were made in china and machined here...the list does go on and on.

Quick Reply: Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)