Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

The shipping dept definitely didnt package them correctly and that is our fault. Since you arent satisfied with them we have a label on its way for you.
On the looseness of rocker arms, i cannot speak to that.
Every bearing has a slight amount of assembly line grease in it. That is true for any needle bearing like that. The extra moly lube we include is there to add to that. All you have to do is work it into the trunions from both sides and you are done, then apply to the valve tip, valve rocker pad, and pushrod cup and you are ready to go. Thats exactly the way i did it before installing for the 5k mile test.
Again these rockers arent assembled by us, but i will likely now be prelubing every set with a grease needle to make sure for the customers that aren't comfortable doing it themselves.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Yea 2 of them were not greased. I will package them seperately in a baggie on return. I do appreciate your quick response and service. I still plan on doing future business with you. Thanks
Old 11-22-2017, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Yea 2 of them were not greased. I will package them seperately in a baggie on return. I do appreciate your quick response and service. I still plan on doing future business with you. Thanks
If they were then they would have to have come from the c&u factory like that to melling.
That will no longer be a concern for any future customers as i will personally prelube the bearings and make sure they are boxed better for shipment.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
If they were then they would have to have come from the c&u factory like that to melling.
That will no longer be a concern for any future customers as i will personally prelube the bearings and make sure they are boxed better for shipment.

Mine also came loose in the box.... they appear to be lubed up havent checked each one yet....
Old 11-23-2017, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

The problem with them being packaged that way is now they are going to need to be completely cleaned and re-greased because of all the card board dust collected in the trunnion's. Examine yours under a good light and you will see all the debris. Let alone they bounce around on shipment and the rocker arm pads could get nicked up. I would easily spend 15.00 extra for them to come packaged in a tray. I understand about trying to keep costs down but proper packaging for internal engine parts is critical imo!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll contact ws6store on Monday.... in their defense they have been nothing but helpful... I'm sure this wont be an issue to replace I really like dealing with Mike and John and I'm always stoked that they are willing to help newbs like me with my builds. I agree that a few extra bucks for better packaging would be totally worth it. I spent a lot of money on my heads/cam build and I would like my investment to last as long as possible.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
The problem with them being packaged that way is now they are going to need to be completely cleaned and re-greased because of all the card board dust collected in the trunnion's. Examine yours under a good light and you will see all the debris. Let alone they bounce around on shipment and the rocker arm pads could get nicked up. I would easily spend 15.00 extra for them to come packaged in a tray. I understand about trying to keep costs down but proper packaging for internal engine parts is critical imo!
Cleaned and regreased because of any cardboard dust? I dont see that as being an issue honestly.
When you buy bearings they come in cardboard boxes whether they are greased or not. Some are in a plastic wrapper, some are in an oiled paper and some are loose. When you buy other rockers, they come in a cardboard box also quite often. They may be sitting on foam, but still in a cardboard box, like scorpions and yella terra etc.

They have to be greased anyway that is why theu come with instructions and grease. We are well aware that the minor amount of assembly grease on the bearing and the type isnt sufficient for proper lubrication and break in, again why we supply the zddp assembly grease.
The rockers from yella terra come across the water packaged how they are, their travels are quite a bit rougher than fedex or usps from us to the customer.
Those rocker pads are VERY tough. The minimal amount of boucing around if any would not nick them up. it takes hours and miles for the surface to even start wearing when they are rubbing against pure metal even.

We understand your concern in that situation, but comparing it to others, seems overkill and unmerited.

Even so, we are chaging how we package and will prelube them now, but countless have received theirs this way and ran them...including me, with 0 issue.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

I see the problem with gang packaging. LOL. Yes they should be packaged better. Each rocker in a sealed bag. They SHOULD have some sort of loose media packaged(peanuts) to absorb the tossing around that we all know they will see.

You can't expect some fancy packaging some higher priced auto pieces receive. There just isn't enough of a profit margin. Not unless someone pays for it. That said, if the shipping department insists on shipping the rockers this way, you won't have a following. Probably lose business

You (OP) have been made aware of the problem. What you do about it is up to you.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

They are packed in pretty tight with packing paper on top of them.
They will be packaged differently from now on though....and prelubed.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Cleaned and regreased because of any cardboard dust? I dont see that as being an issue honestly.
When you buy bearings they come in cardboard boxes whether they are greased or not. Some are in a plastic wrapper, some are in an oiled paper and some are loose. When you buy other rockers, they come in a cardboard box also quite often. They may be sitting on foam, but still in a cardboard box, like scorpions and yella terra etc.

They have to be greased anyway that is why theu come with instructions and grease. We are well aware that the minor amount of assembly grease on the bearing and the type isnt sufficient for proper lubrication and break in, again why we supply the zddp assembly grease.
The rockers from yella terra come across the water packaged how they are, their travels are quite a bit rougher than fedex or usps from us to the customer.
Those rocker pads are VERY tough. The minimal amount of boucing around if any would not nick them up. it takes hours and miles for the surface to even start wearing when they are rubbing against pure metal even.

We understand your concern in that situation, but comparing it to others, seems overkill and unmerited.

Even so, we are chaging how we package and will prelube them now, but countless have received theirs this way and ran them...including me, with 0 issue.

These rockers came with no instructions either...just assembly lube. So there is another mishap. I would of fully cleaned and greased the rockers anyway(if I was going to run them) because all engine parts should be cleaned and then lubed prior to install, but it's neither here nor there. No new product should show up like a bunch of loose bolt's rattling around in the bottom of a box. I have never shipped a used part that I have sold like that to anybody.

"Countless have received them this way and have had zero issues", but you said previously they should of never been packaged that way? It's clear after this response you guys would have kept pumping them out this way until somebody spoke up. Politely speaking, I would say it's in your better interest to loose the defensive position, acknowledge the problem, correct it, and move on. I am not on a witch hunt here, I just want to make sure the issue is corrected for the next potential customer. I think you have a good product for a good price being they show up in a presentable manner. I would pay extra for better packaging.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Some people did not order just rockers but got them with an entire build kit so they were not packaged in a box like that.
Guilt? I said it was our fault. I dont have a defensive position, but saying what you did is a stretch as far as damage etc. Of course you personally do that, but everyone has their own way of prepping or not prepping new parts. If you were to clean and degrease them anyway then it would have still made you regrease them. I apologize if the text makes me seem defensive or testy though.

The issues are being fixed though. I will personally make sure of it on all accounts.

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 11-23-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good deal and no hard feelings.

Quick Reply: Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)