Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for more power

Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Hell yes! Cant wait for the track Sunday
Old 01-11-2019, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very strong! Which MAF did you have on it before going SD?
Old 01-11-2019, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
Very nice! Impressive na power
thanks, it pulls strong and dont ever seem to stop.

Originally Posted by Mavn View Post
Hell yes! Cant wait for the track Sunday
Let's get it
Originally Posted by LaBLKv6Z View Post
Very strong! Which MAF did you have on it before going SD?
85mm gm no screen
Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome numbers man!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Keep trying to tell people, you get to a certain point and the maf is a flow restrictor. Very nice results!!!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

this is the difference between open headers and bassani dual 2.5" exhaust
Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Awesome numbers man!
I was hoping for more but with a beastly 4l80 and unlocked converter it's an animal. I can only imagine what 600would be like in this thing

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r View Post
Keep trying to tell people, you get to a certain point and the maf is a flow restrictor. Very nice results!!!!!
I now read 100kpa through whole pull on dyno. Should be that or better on road with air forcing in.
thanks jacob for all the advice and email replies through this build
Old 01-11-2019, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED View Post
I was hoping for more but with a beastly 4l80 and unlocked converter it's an animal. I can only imagine what 600would be like in this thing

I now read 100kpa through whole pull on dyno. Should be that or better on road with air forcing in.
thanks jacob for all the advice and email replies through this build
it's my pleasure. That 80 is sucking down some power. I'm sure first and second are worthless without slicks of some sort. 600 would be about like driving on ice, but all the time.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

it's my pleasure. That 80 is sucking down some power. I'm sure first and second are worthless without slicks of some sort. 600 would be about like driving on ice, but all the time.
I just swapped my tires to the 275x60x15 pro. Much better than the old 17's.
made some 2nd gear hits from 35mph and it stuck hard and pulled it to 7400 . It dont take long to get there. Pulled 3rd gear but had a truck trying to turn in front of me so I was on the brakes pretty hard

no safe place around me until 2 a.m then its sketchy as well.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Well I got to the track today and made 2passes. First I left soft but pulled a 1.54 60ft. Only ran [email protected] mph.
should have been quite a bit higher,130-134 with my power and the da was good today. -929 da at 1 p.m
second pass was down to 122mph
and on return road I noticed low oil pressure. Got to the trailer and loaded up. Stayed and watched for a bit but when I came home decided to pull the oil filter and cut open.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Teching In

I wonder if the drop in power when you put the exhaust back on was more related to the bearing issue and not any sort of restriction from the exhaust. Sucks to see. Good luck on the rebuild.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damnit man. That sucks. Did we get to meet? I met Mavin and talked to him a few times. I talked to a bunch more people there so maybe we did and I didnít know.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ughhh! How low pressure? Any noises? Either way it’s coming back apart. Happens to us all. Mine went 40 easyish street miles, before I went back in for rings, due to an oily plug issue, and found I’d badly overheated bearings and they were coming apart. Use this as a learning experience while your in there.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vw1320 View Post
I wonder if the drop in power when you put the exhaust back on was more related to the bearing issue and not any sort of restriction from the exhaust. Sucks to see. Good luck on the rebuild.
no the exhaust was down from beginning compared to open. Then I really expected it to go down more when reattached.

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
Damnit man. That sucks. Did we get to meet? I met Mavin and talked to him a few times. I talked to a bunch more people there so maybe we did and I didnít know.
No I didnt get to meet you man .sorry
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Ughhh! How low pressure? Any noises? Either way itís coming back apart. Happens to us all. Mine went 40 easyish street miles, before I went back in for rings, due to an oily plug issue, and found Iíd badly overheated bearings and they were coming apart. Use this as a learning experience while your in there.
It was 20psi at 2000 rpm and at idle dropped to almost zero. I kept it up until I got on trailer. Then when it started going down I killed it.
yes it is coming back apart next week some time. I go back to the boat for a week on Tuesday so I will pull it back out next Tuesday.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

However after I shut it down and let it cool on the trailer ride home, I cranked it to get off trailer and in shop on the lift
it had 40psi cold.at idle.
hated to crank it but no help to move it.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:36 AM
11 Second Club

Watch for the cam stop it likes to leak in back. Or the pic up seal. Once you get all those cubes running again I would trash the stock style air cleaner and that flimsy retrictive stock flex hose. Its VERY restrictive. You need a good solid piece of big hose over 4" id min that wont colapse and run it to somethin like a large cone. I cut up a volant intake 4" into two 3" cones and it helped a lot. It got lots of cold air too with big open vents in front. There's a lot better ways than that too for big cube sd operation.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by handyandy496
Watch for the cam stop it likes to leak in back. Or the pic up seal. Once you get all those cubes running again I would trash the stock style air cleaner and that flimsy retrictive stock flex hose. Its VERY restrictive. You need a good solid piece of big hose over 4" id min that wont colapse and run it to somethin like a large cone. I cut up a volant intake 4" into two 3" cones and it helped a lot. It got lots of cold air too with big open vents in front. There's a lot better ways than that too for big cube sd operation.
I did the same. One cone for each nostril. I slid some 4 inch carbon fiber tubing inside the silicone tubing for some rigidity to prevent collapse.

Very sorry to hear about motor. That thing should easily trap over 130 sorted. It is very hard to run on the street. You get to 100 so damn quick.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by handyandy496 View Post
I have a 4" hose that replaced the flex hose when I pulled off the maf. Still an slp lid though and kpa held 99-100 on dyno and track. Might find a little more with a big cone. Worth a try

I did the same. One cone for each nostril. I slid some 4 inch carbon fiber tubing inside the silicone tubing for some rigidity to prevent collapse.

Very sorry to hear about motor. That thing should easily trap over 130 sorted. It is very hard to run on the street. You get to 100 so damn quick.
The is a few things I might do differently when it goes back together. Right now im at 11.8-1compression, zero deck pistons and .041 gaskets. If I go .036 it will be a 11.95-1 but the tighter quench should help a little. Now, my cam was supposed to be ground 112lsa plus 4
it degreed in at a 109.5 cl. Straight dot to dot. Would it change the tq down low much to make that change to 107.5cl by moving the gear degree advanced? Or just leave as is?

Old 01-14-2019, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Think I ran you my first pass. I bogged pretty hard getting off the line. I thought your car was black for some reason. We trapped the same speeds.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Beautiful car man. I was gonna come check it out but after my oil pressure issues I forgot to. When we left that pass, I had came up on the 2step harder and car was leaving strong. My tilt steering come down on my lap,I let out to check what had happened. Seen it was ok and got back on it. I short shifted that pass after but mph still was lower than it should have been.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: