Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car/engine shaking after cam install and tune...HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car/engine shaking after cam install and tune...HELP!!!!

well, i put my tr224 in and just had it tuned by texas speed (mail in tuning). well, the last couple days driving, ive noticed a bad shaking at idle every few seconds...and it will shake for 3-4 seconds, stop, and shake again. when the hood is up, u can actually see the engine shaking...on and off.

also, i noticed that down low...at like 1800-2200 rpms, when i try to gun it....it kinda bogs and i hear a small little backfire. mid-upper rpm power is definitely strong, but down low its lagging.

can anyone give any insight on my two little problems here? im hoping that theyre both something that tuning can fix. thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The35thZ
well, i put my tr224 in and just had it tuned by texas speed (mail in tuning). well, the last couple days driving, ive noticed a bad shaking at idle every few seconds...and it will shake for 3-4 seconds, stop, and shake again. when the hood is up, u can actually see the engine shaking...on and off.

also, i noticed that down low...at like 1800-2200 rpms, when i try to gun it....it kinda bogs and i hear a small little backfire. mid-upper rpm power is definitely strong, but down low its lagging.

can anyone give any insight on my two little problems here? im hoping that theyre both something that tuning can fix. thanks
Sounds like a bad tune. I would send it back and get it tuned back to stock. That's the problem with canned tunes...no matter how good the tuner, all cars are different.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would check you plugs and wires, make sure they are ok, the backfire is possibly that or too much fuel. The engine shake is normal, but if it's excessive then something seems wrong. My engine would shake when I had the 224/228 cam in, and it shakes now with my G5X3, but no popping or backfiring. It could be a bad tune as well. Check out the easy things, then go for the in depth things, like the cam degree, broken springs, bent pushrod, etc.

Sorry to hear this bro, sucks when you get something new and **** goes wrong. Been there done that!
Old 07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

poly motor mounts should cure most of the engine shaking
Old 07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

did you double check the timing marks? (I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS IT!)
i have seen cams installed 1 tooth off, they do have wierd traits something like
you are describing....tune is easier to check however, so i would also start there..
like orangepeel said check the wires.. maybe just left a wire loose....
Old 07-23-2004, 04:28 PM
dug
Banned

Ive had the same exact symptoms with a loose plug wire.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

well, i didnt notice it til after the tuning. i drove the car with the cam w/o tuning for a couple weeks but didnt notice it then. i could definitely tell when i got the computer back from being tuned.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

I had the same exact symptoms with that cam and stock tune.

Quick Reply: car/engine shaking after cam install and tune...HELP!!!!