Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Futral Ron Jeremy Cam is in! (vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDC

Does Futral do mail order tunes? I noticed you said Allan tuned it in a 'round about way'. Can you be more specific? That kind of drivability on a mail order tune would be awesome.
Allan does do mail order tunes. Sent you a pm.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so is it smooth or is it radical? seems contradictory?
Old 10-05-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
so is it smooth or is it radical? seems contradictory?
I didnt see anybody say the word radical anywhere...
Old 10-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

How much is the cam package and mail order tune???
Old 10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BADFNHuggerZ
How much is the cam package and mail order tune???
1-877-784-3278
Old 10-05-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds awesome! Did you happen to discuss this cam clearning unmilled 5.3's or AFR's w/ either Allan or Candy?
Old 10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd like to know that as well
Old 10-05-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

You need to come racing w/ us to try out that new cam. May be going to Jackson next week to get that 7.2x before I go into the motor Shoot me a pm if you go racing!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im putting a padlock on your motor. You already defying the laws of physics because at your weight it should take 400hp to the wheels to do what you are doing. I need to snap a pic of you while your making a pass because you must be holding your mouth just right.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Sounds awesome! Did you happen to discuss this cam clearning unmilled 5.3's or AFR's w/ either Allan or Candy?
Nope. My decision was to go cam only because I am headed back to class in January and I didnt have the funds to go much deeper. I'm sure Candy or Allan would be happy to discuss it with you.

Originally Posted by Silent but Violent
You need to come racing w/ us to try out that new cam. May be going to Jackson next week to get that 7.2x before I go into the motor Shoot me a pm if you go racing!
Been looking for ya at Ware Shoals but haven't met you yet. To be honest I probably wont put the car on the track for a long time (stock rear, reasons above, and stock clutch - soon to be replaced though). I will definitely try to catch you guys at the track sometime and hang out.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Hey Candy, how is the lope and sound that will be in my motor compare to the one in SidewayzOZ's car?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Launching!

How the **** are you getting that good of times? That blows my mind.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Actually, my setup will be mocked this weekend on a stock shortblock at FMS. I am going with the Ron Jeremy and a set of Absolute Speed Stage 2 5.3's that are unmilled and have 2.055 valves. I'll post what kind of clearance we get, and what flycutting will be required. The heads and cam SHOULD be installed next weekend if everything permits. Should be interesting
Old 10-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
Hey Candy, how is the lope and sound that will be in my motor compare to the one in SidewayzOZ's car?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/217160-vince-s-frc-w-futral-408ci-short-vid-inside.html

Alan,If you haven't watched this video,this is mostly what it will sound like.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Blake. Should be an awesome setup w/ that combo!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Dang Justin, 6 months ago we were just putting headers on that thing and now its a wicked beast!

BTW Justin beat up an old man and stole this car from him. Its a Hugger 99 with like under 30k miles and the paint looks new. You need to ride over and we'll take them to Steele. Maybe we can line up yours with Gomer's new heads/cam setup. 6spd vs 6spd
Old 10-06-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
How the **** are you getting that good of times? That blows my mind.
Man I don't know. These LS1's are amazing.

I cannot run at Ware Shoals till I get a cage. -7.50 rule. They wrote down my name and car description last time I ran so thats why you haven't seen my car down there. I have been there the last 5-6 weekends. There's usually a silver Z and a few other f-bodies parked on the tower side. Are you with them? Never talked to those guy's. Glad to see you got that cam in, it sounds wicked!

Full-force, a little weight reduction and some sticky tires will help you out alot. How many miles is on that car? May need to upgrade the clutch because that may be why you were bogging. Car looked good leaving the line though. Just stay at it and don't get discouraged, those ET's will fall........
Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RCowan
Dang Justin, 6 months ago we were just putting headers on that thing and now its a wicked beast!

BTW Justin beat up an old man and stole this car from him. Its a Hugger 99 with like under 30k miles and the paint looks new. You need to ride over and we'll take them to Steele. Maybe we can line up yours with Gomer's new heads/cam setup. 6spd vs 6spd
Man...it feels like just yesterday when I first got the car. I never imagined it would be this far along so quickly (and neither did my mom ). I'm hoping to come back up soon...we need to talk about Southern Shootout too I have a truck and trailer that can come pick you up if you want to race! We'll talk about it As for Gomer...he would have to be willing to spot me some cars

I cannot run at Ware Shoals till I get a cage. -7.50 rule. They wrote down my name and car description last time I ran so thats why you haven't seen my car down there. I have been there the last 5-6 weekends. There's usually a silver Z and a few other f-bodies parked on the tower side. Are you with them? Never talked to those guy's. Glad to see you got that cam in, it sounds wicked!
Ah, figures. I have been down there recently with a Silver Z, red Z and a white cobra. We park in random places, but alot of times we park right near the gates or near Ralph Lowell and Phil and Betty Cooley. I'll let ya know when I'm going again.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Futral Motorsports
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217160

Alan,If you haven't watched this video,this is mostly what it will sound like.
Jay ran out of space to host this video. If anyone wants to host it I will ask Jay to email the video to you. My car sounds wicked. We will have some more video's coming soon of the FMS 408CI. Just a FYI... If you see a sticker on the back of my car other than FMS that just means FMS did not have a sticker to give me when I was up there. Candy told me they have new stickers in the making.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

I would be glad to host it. That car makes mine sound pretty tame! Tell him to send it to admin@camsurge.com.

Quick Reply: Futral Ron Jeremy Cam is in! (vid inside)