Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the spces on LG Motorsports Juggernaut cam??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
if you were to go to a big time engine builder - say someone that races in S/E or other areas like this, you would not be privy to the exact specs. it is like asking a doctor their secrets. shrug, if you dont like it, then simply dont buy it and make your own spec out. makes sense to me

If you went to a big shop or engine builder and layed down the serious cash they want to work for you and you asked them for the specs of the motor I am sure they would tell you. ALot of people dont like shady business like that.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tweakd
I personally can't understand why anyone would be stupid enough to buy something they aren't allowed to know anything about. Sorry LG but I don't need to take your word or any shops word that this is the cam for me without being told what the cam specs are, as I would think anyone should say. I wouldn't care if your cam made 500rwhp more then everyone else's cam without being able to know what I am putting in "MY" car that "I" pay for and "I" would have to pay for if something failed or "I" would have to figure out a certain problem that "YOUR" cam might provide in my combo. We should be our own judge of what we want in our car. I think this shop war is getting rediculous with hiding information on their cam's or heads or whatever. Patten the damn equipment if you're so worried about it then release it so we can pick an choose what we'd like for our cars. Thank god I don't have to deal with shady *** shops that hide specs like they are god. I think the shops need to come back to reality that we buy their products and keep them in business not the other way around so they should be catering anything in the form of information so we can make our own sound and correct judgement on their products. I truely believe that anyone that buys a product without getting information before hand is pretty naive.

So I leave this question to those out there.

Why would you pay good money for your products and not know anything about your combo except the brand name?
if everyone knew the specs it wouldnt be a secret and the market would be flooded with the cams... see 224 and 229 cams that EVERYONE makes... then the guy that spent years researching it is now out all of his research... there are too many people that would just run to comp and ask for the same ground to save a few bucks if the specs were openly available.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedReaper
If you went to a big shop or engine builder and layed down the serious cash they want to work for you and you asked them for the specs of the motor I am sure they would tell you. ALot of people dont like shady business like that.
Actually APE hasnt sent any of my customers their build sheets yet, TEA hasnt disclosed flow numbers to one of my customers... looks like LG isnt the only one not sending specs... we have a 408 sitting here with an unknown cam, unknown heads etc...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could make up some specs if you like.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys crack me up. Just giving the specs of the cam at 0.050" isn't telling a whole lot about the cam? Other sponsors give the specs of their cams and don't seem to have to many problems selling them. I never have understood why you would buy a camshaft without knowing what the specs are, atleast part of the specs.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's so much more to a cam than just the advertised specs.

With the same lift, duration and lsa you can come up with TONS of cams that would act in different manners (lobes, ICL, etc), all using the same advertised specs.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
There's so much more to a cam than just the advertised specs.

With the same lift, duration and lsa you can come up with TONS of cams that would act in different manners (lobes, ICL, etc), all using the same advertised specs.
eer... yup.. What he said...

Ed
Old 11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
You guys crack me up. Just giving the specs of the cam at 0.050" isn't telling a whole lot about the cam? Other sponsors give the specs of their cams and don't seem to have to many problems selling them. I never have understood why you would buy a camshaft without knowing what the specs are, atleast part of the specs.
then buy from another vendor that DOES disclose the specs... ive yet to have a single unhappy customer with a G5 cam in his car and I continue to sell them with no problems... I think the fact that you really need the specs so bad is more the fact that you cant have them that makes you want them, or you are just looking for an argument.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
if everyone knew the specs it wouldnt be a secret and the market would be flooded with the cams... see 224 and 229 cams that EVERYONE makes... then the guy that spent years researching it is now out all of his research... there are too many people that would just run to comp and ask for the same ground to save a few bucks if the specs were openly available.
Its a companies perogative (sp?) to not disclose the specs of the cams they sell.

Saying that, I can't stand this arguement. Any shop can call and order "X" cam from "Y" vendor, throw it on a cam doctor and suddenly they have alot more than the advertised specs. Then that "guy who spent years researching it is now out all of his research" just the same. Not advertising specs to me seems silly but to each his own.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Actually APE hasnt sent any of my customers their build sheets yet, TEA hasnt disclosed flow numbers to one of my customers... looks like LG isnt the only one not sending specs... we have a 408 sitting here with an unknown cam, unknown heads etc...

Specs on TEAs heads.

I can go to TEAs website and get all of their flow numbers on their heads. I could also call them and they would tell me. People whp try and be secretive about their shot is ridiculous and I would never buy anything from them. I have the right to know if I pay for it.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

Not all heads are created Equal.

Not all cams are created Equal.

If you have to know the specs to pull out of your back pocket at the local cruise in, then so be it.

Our combos have the quickest Cam only times, and the quickest Stock bottom end/stock heads time.

We now have the fastest NA 346 LS1.

Do you see a trend?

Our cams have been copied before. The specs will be had when said cam gets sent to thunder by someone to be doctored. Those with respect will not publicly tell the specs out of courtesy, as with the Current X3.

We do custom grinds all the time. Send me your flow numbers and goals, and I can get some nice specs for you.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Ill just stick with ones I can get specs on, thanks anyway.
Maybe an LG cam with "secret" specs would get you the ~100 rwhp you're missing. But you do know your cam specs, thats worth something.

Seriously, as stated above, the LG cams work, period. Install them dot to dot, what else does your "engine builder" need to know? I know for a fact that LG will tell you how to degree the cam (ICL) of you feel like you need it degreed, its not like they send you the cam and leave you alone in the dark.

Shawn
Old 11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Louis

If you have to know the specs to pull out of your back pocket at the local cruise in, then so be it.

Our combos have the quickest Cam only times, and the quickest Stock bottom end/stock heads time.

Do you see a trend?

Our cams have been copied before. The specs will be had when said cam gets sent to thunder by someone to be doctored. Those with respect will not publicly tell the specs out of courtesy, as with the Current X3.

We do custom grinds all the time. Send me your flow numbers and goals, and I can get some nice specs for you.
I agree with everything except the Thunder comment. There are MANY other places that one can have the specs derived besides Thunder, just wanted to clarify that.

My bro runs the G5X2 and loves it. I love the lope it makes. He also went 11.9x @ 119MPH with it, stock heads and bolt-ons, with a 10 bolt MN6
Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

Agreed Levi, on both points
Old 11-15-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Specs on TEAs heads.

I can go to TEAs website and get all of their flow numbers on their heads. I could also call them and they would tell me. People whp try and be secretive about their shot is ridiculous and I would never buy anything from them. I have the right to know if I pay for it.
Hahah so you are telling me every set of TEAs heads make the same numbers? thats good stuff... I will remember to advertise that way next time...

Jay puts the flow numbers from each head on the casting itself...
Old 11-15-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Louis

Do you see a trend?

Too well said... next time you get out dyno'd, out ran or just plain killed at the track by a LG customer, make sure to brag to him that at least you have your cam profile... see if the results change!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Hahah so you are telling me every set of TEAs heads make the same numbers? thats good stuff... I will remember to advertise that way next time...

Jay puts the flow numbers from each head on the casting itself...

No of course not, but they all fall within a certain range. They are all really close to each other and all try to acheive the same results. As for the original post it seems to of veered off course. The Juggernaut cam sucks for my application so I wont be using it. So much for the hide-the-specs approach.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I guess if your engine builder needs to know what the specs are so we can get right for the particular motor we are missing out huh?? Ill just stick with ones I can get specs on, thanks anyway.

Sometimes ya gotta take some risks that arent risks at all when they have been proven time and time again. Looks to me that ssonyoursix out dynos, out ets, out traps your head/cam bolt on 408 and all he has is a cam. Yea...stock heads, 346ci on drag radials. Not being a ^*%*&%, just sayin I agree with those who go the proven route and not just number junkies. I certainly wouldnt disclose specs on a cam I worked so hard creating thats for sure. Tell them what you are building and how you want it built. Im sure they wont send you anything that will be detrimental to your combo.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

So much for the hide-the-specs approach.
It seems to be working just fine... I would go as far to say that outside of the everyday 224 cam, the G5 cams are the best selling cam around... I install literally at least 2:1 of G5 cams to any other cam here and will continue to because of the dyno numbers, track results, general drivability and research put into his cams... not to mention world class customer service from LG... There are a million other cams out there but I plan on sticking with the cams he makes and will continue to do so!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
Sometimes ya gotta take some risks that arent risks at all when they have been proven time and time again. Looks to me that ssonyoursix out dynos, out ets, out traps your head/cam bolt on 408 and all he has is a cam. Yea...stock heads, 346ci on drag radials. Not being a ^*%*&%, just sayin I agree with those who go the proven route and not just number junkies. I certainly wouldnt disclose specs on a cam I worked so hard creating thats for sure. Tell them what you are building and how you want it built. Im sure they wont send you anything that will be detrimental to your combo.

Yeah I guess 436 rwhp and 398 rwtq is sooooo much higher than my HPand alot more than my TQ . Noone ever said I could drive.

Last edited by RedReaper; 11-16-2004 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the spces on LG Motorsports Juggernaut cam??