Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Locked, Need Serious ASAP help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Locked, Need Serious ASAP help

I made a post a while back about my motor being locked up.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/241711-major-problems-motor-locked.html

please read there for my previous problem.

Now over a month later... we finally got to working on it and we had to pull all the pistons and rods. Now.. with all the pistons and rods out of the motor, it still locks up. The ONLY thing left in the motor would be the crank.

How in the hell would the crank be messed up if we never touched anything except for the rod bolts and cam swap?

No one we know seems to be able to comprehend or understand what the problem is.. and its not getting any closer to completion.

The crank is the only thing left in the motor.. it'll turn 3/4th one direction and 3/4th the other.. and then hard lock.. and it will not turn anymore.

I know there are plenty of mechanics here...... so any help is truly appreciated.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

check your camz28 question, i answered it there...
Old 01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the timing chain or oil pump on the block, Or is it a bare block? Did you have the main caps off? Maybe you have a main cap on backwards.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

I was thinking the same thing
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think i know exactly what your problem is. You probably mixed up the bottom cam retainer plate bolt with a longer bolt (maybe from the cam gear) so it is sticking through the block too far and the counterweight on the front of the crank is hitting it. I did the same thing on my cam swap and i felt like I was gonna puke or something when i tried turning it over by hand and it clanked.

Edit: here is my thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/169439-my-stupid-camswap-mistake.html

Last edited by P Mack; 01-09-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by P Mack
I think i know exactly what your problem is. You probably mixed up the bottom cam retainer plate bolt with a longer bolt (maybe from the cam gear) so it is sticking through the block too far and the counterweight on the front of the crank is hitting it. I did the same thing on my cam swap and i felt like I was gonna puke or something when i tried turning it over by hand and it clanked.

Edit: here is my thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169439

OMFG MOTOR TURNS OVER I JUST TRIED IT OMG!~!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now we have to put pistons and rods back in.. and turn it over...