Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TR 224, how can you tell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: TR 224, how can you tell?

WOW!!! Everyone is all flipping out....I don't think what Paul wrote was bad, he was just clarifying it....But of course on the internet, you don't get to hear his tone of voice.

My personal opinion on Paul and Angie from Thunder is that they are awesome people. A few months ago I sent out some e-mails to all the venfors asking them if I can help them out with anything in their business because I got a new job at a promotional company, most vendors didn't reply, some replied and said no thank you, Thunder Racing was the only vendor who said that I can put them in my data base, I did so, now I can justify to my bosses why I spend so much time on LS1tech.com Another instance I was having problems with my car, I asked for help here on Tech and Paul came to the rescue and exchanged numerous PMs with me, and it all turned out that I was being taken for a ride, but Paul told me what to look for and it turned out I am fine. Also reading a lot of their posts have helped me decide the future of my car. Especially the ones about torque converters.

Anyhow lets end this BS thread, why start troubles with a vendor who spends a lot of time on the boards helping us, they could easily be like most vendors and never post on these boards, thus hurting newbies thirst for knowledge

BTW,Angie sorry for the e-mail about the oil, I was just really upset JK, that wasn't me, but that guy was nutzzzzzzz
Old 04-30-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Since I'm the one who intiated the life that this thread has taken, I wanted to step in here after the fact to offer my comments.

I'm glad to see that at least some people took Paul's comment the way I did. I appreciate Angie's post, but still think its kind of odd that an employer would let an employee of theirs who represents their company make comments like this. It doesn't matter if you have to correct people 10,000 times on the same thing. You run a company and your company relies on the income and repeat business of people buying from you. In a market where 90% of what your company sells can be bought at a competitor, you can't afford to make comments and just blow them off as "Oh, thats just how he is." If I went off or was even slightly rude or impatient with one of my customers, and they called back and complained to my boss, I would have to answer for it.

In the end, I'm not even mad about this, its no big deal, but I just want to make sure that the email that Angie got was in no way associated with me. I don't want anyone to think I have this big grudge against Thunder and would sent them derrogitory emails.
No Constrictor 98TA, you are not the one who initiated this. Paul @ Thunder initiated this! When comments like "Geez if you don't know the 100% correct answer to someone's post just don't post back." are made, that is rude!

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading here. This has nothing to do with the service that Thunder offers.

I think Paul and perhaps even Angie need to follow other distributors posts and comments and get a little more professional.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

What are all you people so upset about? Paul just spoke what he thought. Why would we ever ask someone to hide the truth. A coment was made that wasn't true, Paul called him on it to protect his product. Come on now, just admit that your wrong and lets move on! Paul, keep up the good work. We would be loosing alot if we were to just ask Paul to go and sit in a corner.

My $0.02
Old 04-30-2003, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

No Constrictor 98TA, you are not the one who initiated this. Paul @ Thunder initiated this! When comments like "Geez if you don't know the 100% correct answer to someone's post just don't post back." are made, that is rude!

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading here. This has nothing to do with the service that Thunder offers.

I think Paul and perhaps even Angie need to follow other distributors post and comments and get a little more professional.
You are so right. Or should I say, "you are '100% correct'"
Old 04-30-2003, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't believe the people saying they won't buy something from Thunder Racing because of this thread. Ya'll need to get a life!

I guess the numerous posts praising their service mean nothing?

I find this amazing.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

I can't believe the people saying they won't buy something from Thunder Racing because of this thread. Ya'll need to get a life!

I find this amazing.
There are other choices here. Thunder Racing isn’t the only company selling LS1 parts! In fact there are several that I have dealt with that have never been rude and have been very helpful to us. So why reward bad behavior? Why pay someone for being rude? I have a choice, I don’t need Thunder Racing! We as consumers have just gotten use to bad and rude behavior and as some of the post on the tread can confirm, don’t even see anything wrong with it. They have said that they have gotten great service from Thunder Racing so they will put up with or even agree with what Paul said. It reminds be of the cake that someone made. They followed a great recipe, used the best ingredients except they added just one small item. Not much, but very small amount of dog dung was added to the cake. You know, that would ruin the whole cake for me! I don’t care how good the rest of the cake was!

So minivette, I find your comments amazing

Old 04-30-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I was running a business I definately wouldn't want any of yours.

Oh, and remind me never to eat any of your cake. I don't like dog ****. Thanks for playing tho...

Old 04-30-2003, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

If I was running a business I definately wouldn't want any of yours.

Why, I'm not being smart, I really would like to know. Was I rude?
Old 04-30-2003, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

I think Paul and perhaps even Angie need to follow other distributors post and comments and get a little more professional.
You are so right. Or should I say, "you are '100% correct'"
Sure glad a few like you Lady understand what this is about!
Old 04-30-2003, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

You are right, the numberous posts praising their service means absolutely nothing. That's not what this is about.

This is a great country we live in. Our distributors have the right to say what they like. That's what America is all about, freedom. If we choose not to buy from a particular distributor that we feel to be rude, that's our right too!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a couple of places that I do not buy from that are based soley on service, which is what I believe matters. Nobody is perfect and to make a snap judgement about something that has nothing to do with you, to me is unjustified.

Has Thunder Racing done anything to you personally? I didn't think so.

That's all I am going to say about this subject. You children have fun.
Down with the
Old 05-01-2003, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

Not a good idea to assume any one companie's parts are just off the shelf.

I happen to know that TR's has a lot of R&D put into it... And that none of their cam grinds are just flavor of the month grinds suggested by Billy or Chris or anyone at Comp.

*lock*