Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with TEA/GTP heads can you post you Dyno #s?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Guys with TEA/GTP heads can you post you Dyno #s?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Smoke_ur_5.0:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am very interested in this subject. If TEA is putting down the same dyno and track numbers as the GTP's then why would you spend the extra grand on GTP's. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't look at just one guys results on the net and expect the same thing..alot people need to figure this one out. The GTPs seem to consistantly put 430-440rwhp down without a problem with all the bolt ons and no cats. The TEA's I have seen all have put down in the 415-420rwhp range. Another thing is that I see one set of heads will put down 440++rwhp in the dealers shop but sends them out to regular Joes and only sees 390-410rwhp. Why is this?

Also don't forget not all dynos are the same...look for the thread about how one guys went from one dynojet to anther in the same town and had a HUGE difference in rwhp numbers. This is another reason you see freak dyno numbers out there sometimes.

AND I have seen GTP headed cars run way faster at the track than TEAs. Just ask a few people around like Moose(11.0's at 125mph) and TOSTO RACING(11.26 at 120mph 3600 pound raceweight) </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the reason is most people who can shell out the extra 800.00 on heads can also shell out the extra cash for tuning,better exhaust, weight reduction,supporting mods ,ported tbodies.etc.etc
While the guys that have less to spend on heads go with TEA (IMO More bang for the buck) But dont have all the best supporting mods.I dont think it is so much a question of who has the best heads,but who has the best supporting mods.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CRASH 02:
<strong> Just wanted to point out one thing. Alot of people are running 5.3 head and not 5.7 heads. Therefore making more hp than one would if they just had a set of 5.7's ported due to compresion ratio.

Guys that are running 5.3 heads what octane gas do you run? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can run pump gas no problem. Compression is 10.8:1
Old 01-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

10.8:1 compression here. I wish I could just slap a blower on my car, but my timing would be slow low I would not get that much of a boost..

Quick Reply: Guys with TEA/GTP heads can you post you Dyno #s?