Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Patriots

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats incredible! You obviously have WAY too much time and money. Thats very impressive.....looks like you could eat right off your car.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen heads that shiney...wow
Old 06-28-2005, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo White
DARNIT MAN!! I polish my stuff out but crap.......thats freakin cool
What ya' think Bo......They gonna' flow? I give God the glory too... for regenerating the skin on my fingertips after all that hand sanding!!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy to see someone else who doesn't care for bad language.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

do all patriots now come with their name written on the front, or is that a one off thing?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lasershop
What ya' think Bo......They gonna' flow? I give God the glory too... for regenerating the skin on my fingertips after all that hand sanding!!
I usualy dont cuss that much either but I was like when I seen the combustion chambers and exhaust runners and I know how much work goes in to that by hand and then the intake ports are done the same way(better than I can BTW)!!!! I polish the exhaust ports and combustion chambers to keep carbon build up down to a minimum but the intake ports I leave at a 120 grit finish to keep the fuel tumbled at low speed. I will say they look awesome and probably flow very well as far as I can tell by the pix. The polishing to that point is for customer(and self) satisfaction
Old 06-28-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo White
I usualy dont cuss that much either but I was like when I seen the combustion chambers and exhaust runners and I know how much work goes in to that by hand and then the intake ports are done the same way(better than I can BTW)!!!! I polish the exhaust ports and combustion chambers to keep carbon build up down to a minimum but the intake ports I leave at a 120 grit finish to keep the fuel tumbled at low speed. I will say they look awesome and probably flow very well as far as I can tell by the pix. The polishing to that point is for customer(and self) satisfaction
I was just giving you a bad time with the grammar corrections. Its all a labor of love (and hate!!). You the man.
RonO
Old 06-28-2005, 09:08 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
do all patriots now come with their name written on the front, or is that a one off thing?
they all do, and have for quite some time.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Finished the heads. Worked on them for two months. ALL ports are glass smooth and very much alike. Dropped them off at Dave's engine in Newark, CA. yesterday to get a new valve job done and the heads set up. Angie, Daves daughter does all the head work there. She went to school at Joe Mondello's. Knows her stuff. She says I need to roughen up the intakes with about 60 grit. I almost cried. I don't think I can do it. I worked my fingers literally bloody several times. I have heard of the fuel puddling thing throughout the years. The car will have twin turbo's. What's the worst case scenario with the "puddling". Its not a race car or I would follow their instruction to the letter. The ports are sooooooo pretty. They took pictures for crying out loud! I know all about the atomization thing but really...... what could happen?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Lasershop
Finished the heads. Worked on them for two months. ALL ports are glass smooth and very much alike. Dropped them off at Dave's engine in Newark, CA. yesterday to get a new valve job done and the heads set up. Angie, Daves daughter does all the head work there. She went to school at Joe Mondello's. Knows her stuff. She says I need to roughen up the intakes with about 60 grit. I almost cried. I don't think I can do it. I worked my fingers literally bloody several times. I have heard of the fuel puddling thing throughout the years. The car will have twin turbo's. What's the worst case scenario with the "puddling". Its not a race car or I would follow their instruction to the letter. The ports are sooooooo pretty. They took pictures for crying out loud! I know all about the atomization thing but really...... what could happen?

on the LS1? i wouldnt worry about it.

the stock injectors cone is so tight that it bearly wets the walls anyway... by the time the top of the walls "drip" down to the bottom, it'll all be evaporated by the incoming air anyway.

then again, i dunno what the cone of the injectors you're using looks like... different aftermarket injectors have wildly different spray patterns...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
on the LS1? i wouldnt worry about it.

the stock injectors cone is so tight that it bearly wets the walls anyway... by the time the top of the walls "drip" down to the bottom, it'll all be evaporated by the incoming air anyway.

then again, i dunno what the cone of the injectors you're using looks like... different aftermarket injectors have wildly different spray patterns...

That was my conclusion from the beginning. The injectors are 96#. It seemed to me that the entire fuel air mix was going to happen at the bowl area anyway with the LS1 injector location/design.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

hopefully not too far off topic, but what are you running for fuel management to control the low imp 96# injectors? aftermarket ECU, or a injector driver that goes between the stock ECU and the injectors?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still a few months away, but an available driver to run the lowZ injectors.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

They look great !!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

That is the reason I leave mine 120 grit, its a good medium since the injector is placed so well.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have fantastic taste and skill, and oh ya patience. Its all very beautiful.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

That looks aweosme. I dont think I would be able to put that betwene my front tires, but in my living room instead. Again looks awesome, and im sure a lot of hard work went into it.