Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ET Performance Head vs the rest. AFR TEA etc

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ET Performance Head vs the rest. AFR TEA etc

ET Performance looks to have some very impressive heads coming out for LS1's.
The 215cc head could compete with the 205 from AFR, the stage 1.5-2.5 5.3 heads from TEA, or anyother company.
The 225cc head can compete with the AFR 225 head.
The 240 cc head can compete against any vendor's stage 3 head as most Ported LS6/LQ9 heads are in the 240cc range anyways.
The 265 to me is a race head and when you going race there really isn't much to compair to as the race heads aren't as common or as well used.
So can the ET performance heads stack up against some of the other top dawgs? Their product is awsome when it comes do to compression and options. The 11 degree valve is awsome and these heads "in theory" should really put a hurting on EVERYTHING the LS1 world currently has on the market. What do you guys think about these heads so far? Priced with AFR so can we expect AFR type numbers on the dyno? Better even perhaps?
I would love to try one out and might even order a set just for ***** and giggles to try out and provide my oponion back to the LS1tech users. ET you guys need a ginniepig?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Sorry... but yer not gonna hear a peep outta me on this one...

It's a no-win either way!

Ed
Old 08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what???

Originally Posted by EDC

Ed
ED, I don't get it, Nothing to say?? Boy, times are changing. Actually, I found out yesterday this isn't the Hardcore forum. Now I know about farts in church.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Collections Hold

Default ET Heads

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
ET Performance looks to have some very impressive heads coming out for LS1's.
The 215cc head could compete with the 205 from AFR, the stage 1.5-2.5 5.3 heads from TEA, or anyother company.
The 225cc head can compete with the AFR 225 head.
The 240 cc head can compete against any vendor's stage 3 head as most Ported LS6/LQ9 heads are in the 240cc range anyways.
The 265 to me is a race head and when you going race there really isn't much to compair to as the race heads aren't as common or as well used.
So can the ET performance heads stack up against some of the other top dawgs? Their product is awsome when it comes do to compression and options. The 11 degree valve is awsome and these heads "in theory" should really put a hurting on EVERYTHING the LS1 world currently has on the market. What do you guys think about these heads so far? Priced with AFR so can we expect AFR type numbers on the dyno? Better even perhaps?
I would love to try one out and might even order a set just for ***** and giggles to try out and provide my oponion back to the LS1tech users. ET you guys need a ginniepig?

Jeremy, I might take you up on that. You don't have a bias on our side. You already use other guys stuff. It would be nice to have an unbias test session.
WE already know the results, we'll talk about it.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

CFM this, CFM that....lets get some dyno sheets and time slips before we make any determination. The heads look fantastic.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by cary et performance
ED, I don't get it, Nothing to say?? Boy, times are changing. Actually, I found out yesterday this isn't the Hardcore forum. Now I know about farts in church.
Yeah... I'm getting flack from every direction...

West coast and middle America and every once and a while a "cutey" comment from a "hidden" forum. I think it's time for another trip to Aruba!!!

But don't worry... I "know" what works and what's hype so I'm still "selective" on what I sell.

BTW... take care of Dougie from Miramar... One bad goat!

Ed
Old 08-19-2005, 08:42 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EDC

Ed

i saw the thread title and EDC as the last poster and thought, "i wonder what he'd gonnna say"

Jeremy, why not throw the all pro or new edlebrocks in the hunt as well. a 240-245cc AFR is supposedly in the pipeline as well.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

If you need a forced induction guinea pig, I'll be happy put a set of 265's to the test.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

So many choices
Old 08-19-2005, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

My money went to AFR, and happy.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

240cc setup for me, ordered through LME. Dougie from Miramar, out......
Old 08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, wonder which ones I'm gunna get??? or have I already got them????
Old 08-19-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I would bet the house on ET Performance.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrp

i saw the thread title and EDC as the last poster and thought, "i wonder what he'd gonnna say"

Jeremy, why not throw the all pro or new edlebrocks in the hunt as well. a 240-245cc AFR is supposedly in the pipeline as well.

Honestly the reason I didn't include the All pro stuff is for a few reasons. One you cant order them complete.
2. that flow like hell and are very big. For the price they dont impress me at all. I had a set of all pros about 6-8 months ago as I was interested in their heads. Took them to the bench after spending 600 bucks on some good parts and they did almost exactly what the claimed to do but for a 240+cc head that is 1750 bare I decited against them.
They had a TON of AWSOME options, and BOB (if I remember correctly) was awsome to talk to. He said he had some more castings coming out that were going to be better but I haven't seen them yet. Now I did sell these heads to a guy running a supercharged LS1 and making 18psi. It put down some impressive numbers. In the 670 range on stock cubic inches with no alki injection.
Never saw the car in person but he sent me a update once he got the car running.
Anyways, IMO the AFR's walk all over the All pro's on "most" setup's.
As far as eldebrocks.... I know they are right around the cornew and should have included them its just a lack or research on my part. I know nothing about them and didn't feel I could make judgement on something I haven't seen or even read much about. I will find some topics on them soon and make sure I keep myself up to date.

What do you think about the all pro's and eldebrocks?
Have you seen a set of all pro's in person? Not the nicest CnC job Ive seen but decent.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Jeremy, I might take you up on that. You don't have a bias on our side. You already use other guys stuff. It would be nice to have an unbias test session.
WE already know the results, we'll talk about it.

Anytime your free, I am willing to talk. I spent some time on the phone with Craig yesterday and the product look awsome on paper. On paper you guys have the USA mens basketball team. Now it just comes down to is it the Dream Team or the team that got beat a few times 2 years ago?
I am defentially not bias, and I do my best to provide honest accurate oponions of everything I use.
I have 3 f bodys myself, all with different combo's so I am sure we could pick 1 to be a good test dummy.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Collections Hold

Default i hope

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Anytime your free, I am willing to talk. I spent some time on the phone with Craig yesterday and the product look awsome on paper. On paper you guys have the USA mens basketball team. Now it just comes down to is it the Dream Team or the team that got beat a few times 2 years ago?
I am defentially not bias, and I do my best to provide honest accurate oponions of everything I use.
I have 3 f bodys myself, all with different combo's so I am sure we could pick 1 to be a good test dummy.
Jeremy,

I hope its the dream team. I can't wait to start getting feedback. I personally dont like creating hype. That is why we waited so long to release any info at all. We started this project this time last year and had our first casting at the PRI Show.We have some real life results and I feel very positive the ls1 crowd will be very happy. We do have a lot of machined parts ready to ship, we just started with the 265 and worked toward the smaller ones, we tried to fill a market that wasn't tapped yet with the 265. It actually outflows our current C5R. Wait til you see the real "Race" version of the C5R style head. We are also in development with intake manifolds to fit both styles. We will be shipping the first of the 225's and 245's next week. So we will talk. Thanks for your interest in our product. All of us sponsors will have our place in the cylinder head market. AFR obviously has the edge right now. I think the 11 degree will be a hit because of all the features and benifits. Especially being that it will eliminate the need for fly cutting in most cases. I would like some input/feedback from people who have run the GMPP four barrel intake as far as fit underneath the hood and drivability. In the Ford market we have had very good luck with drivability and overall performance with single plane 4 barrel/efi intakes.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Banned

Thanks Cary, AFRs do have the market right now and they should. They offer a great product for a very fair price. I always hear people bitching about their price, but if they were to start with GM's best (besides the C5R) castings the price would be about the same for a stage 2 LS6 as the 205's and the 225's are acturally cheeper then most stage 3 jobs. Biggest run on sentence ever....
Anyways I wouldn't mind doing some testing with you guys. I have some real nice combo's and if I am happy with the product I will be a customer.
The 265 stuff is crazy. For a big turbo car or someone looking to make some outragious power with some outragious cubic inches those heads are for them.
Personially I am likeing the 215's 225's and 240's but your right there are very few heads in the market the 265's are in.
KIT and again thanks for the reply.
Looking foward to testing a set of heads and seeing some numbers.
Jeremy
Old 08-21-2005, 05:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was seriously looking at these heads too, But was concerned about the add ons. I know you have to use valve cover stands, but also heard you have to use Jessel Rockers? is this the case, even with the 215 or 225 heads? Thats big bucks.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobie
I was seriously looking at these heads too, But was concerned about the add ons. I know you have to use valve cover stands, but also heard you have to use Jessel Rockers? is this the case, even with the 215 or 225 heads? Thats big bucks.

I am getting the 225s and Cary informed me that my Harlan Sharps would work just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by the valve cover stands. If you are referring to valve cover spacers, I never heard anything about using spacers when I spoke with him.

On a side note, he mentioned something about having to use a special rocker arm setup on the 265s. Maybe that is where you got that.

I suggest calling Cary directly, he is very informative and will take the time to discuss everything you have questions about.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Collections Hold

Default et heads

Originally Posted by Scoobie
scoobie,

only the 265 and c5r heads use jesel rockers. In the future we plan to use the ls7 rocker instead (its offset)

the 215, 225 throught the 255 have a raised valve cover rail, no spacers. We do use a billett rocker arm pedestal/stand as apposed to the stock die cast piece. they are around 75.00, but still keeps the price right with the AFR heads. We also as a standard on our heads use only severe duty REV stainless steel valves. This is a big selling feature. The AFR, Patriot and some others are advertizing REV stainless valves, but are half of the cost that the severe duty valves are. We have always used the severe duty REV or Ferrea valves. We will be offering our more cost concious line of cylinder heads real soon that will be made to compete with the other cylinder head company's that are priced way down low. In this case we will not use severe duty valves without an upgrade cost. We will use equal parts as our competitors, with our super high quality cnc porting to make one of the best budget minded assemblies avalible today.