Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys work on these cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this theory got me thinking-
who has a streetable, NA, pump gas, daily driven 550rwhp LS1?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by treyZ28
the broadix head comes with a lot of crap- like an intake manifold.

like i said, it was a quick walk through summit. genIII is NOT where the bang for the buck is, sorry
i guess im a little biased towards the SBC seeing as im trading from one to a Gen. III. let me decipher some stuff youve said.

first off, IIRC those are brodix 220cc 18° heads, which require pistons fly cut for 18° valves and require custom headers as i dont know of any production headers designed for a car that will fit their exhaust ports. of course i could be wrong and knowing summit they used the same pic for the 23° heads as the 18° heads.

lets use 3rd gen fbodies seeing as though they came from the factory with gen 1 small blocks. that way we get an accurate comparison. first off, a perfectly running L98 fbody with a t56 swap will not get near the gas mileage of an ls1/t56 combo. period. the LS1 is much more efficient. secondly, not only is the cam tiny, the intake sucks but the heads suck as well. most dont run huge cams though in their cars but a typical heads and cam L98 is lucky to break into the 11s even with a stalled auto. IMO you need more displacement with the SBC to even begin to make up for the less efficient engine. finally bang for the buck. SBC prices really arent much cheaper if you go for an apples to apples comparison. you cant compare a carbed SBC to an EFI ls1. not all SBC's were carbed bro.

and there is no way you can tap a carbed intake and add injectors, lines, pump, rails and intake track for 300 bucks. hell you cant even get a new carb intake for that little. not a good one anyway.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
i guess im a little biased towards the SBC seeing as im trading from one to a Gen. III. let me decipher some stuff youve said.

first off, IIRC those are brodix 220cc 18° heads, which require pistons fly cut for 18° valves and require custom headers as i dont know of any production headers designed for a car that will fit their exhaust ports. of course i could be wrong and knowing summit they used the same pic for the 23° heads as the 18° heads.

lets use 3rd gen fbodies seeing as though they came from the factory with gen 1 small blocks. that way we get an accurate comparison. first off, a perfectly running L98 fbody with a t56 swap will not get near the gas mileage of an ls1/t56 combo. period. the LS1 is much more efficient. secondly, not only is the cam tiny, the intake sucks but the heads suck as well. most dont run huge cams though in their cars but a typical heads and cam L98 is lucky to break into the 11s even with a stalled auto. IMO you need more displacement with the SBC to even begin to make up for the less efficient engine. finally bang for the buck. SBC prices really arent much cheaper if you go for an apples to apples comparison. you cant compare a carbed SBC to an EFI ls1. not all SBC's were carbed bro.

and there is no way you can tap a carbed intake and add injectors, lines, pump, rails and intake track for 300 bucks. hell you cant even get a new carb intake for that little. not a good one anyway.

$300 + carb. try it. price it.

i've been through the other stuff 1000x times. i'm not going through it agian.