Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morel lifter delays. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Morel lifter delays. . .

I figured I would post this as a thread since I am getting PM's and e-mail on the subject.

Morel is way behind schedule. What they estimated they would sell in '05 was off by about 400%. Along with record sales were the following:

Material supply: The US does not make steel anymore we have sent those jobs to South America and Asia. Because of this steel deliverys have delayed by weeks, so material to make parts has been delayed.

Labor: Morel is a union shop. With the rumblings in the big 3, Morels yearly negoiations in the Nov. took 3 weeks more then usual. During this time nothing was going out the door except what management and ownership could do.

Holiday Shutdown: Those of you in the auto industry know that during the holidays the automakers have maintenance shutdown. Morel being associated with the OEM's for over 50 years does the same and is part of the labor contract.

Now this is what they have done to prepare for '06.

They now have 2 shifts working 5 days a week and are going to add a 3rd.

Added another Cincy CNC ID grinder and 2 more Mori mills.

LS1 hydraulics, mostly because of some sponsors on this board, have been a huge success and because of this they have blanked and have in process 10K LS1 rollers. These are currently in Morels heat treat furnance and will be in assembly process in the next few days.

Now it will take Morel a few days to fill orders and then a few more days for the orders to get to the sponsors on this board. If you have been promised by sponsors "another week, another week, 2 weeks" they have told you the truth because that is what they have been told by Morel and Morel was telling the truth because thats what they thought would happen.

As a performance mfg, I can tell you our industry on the hole did not have a good year. Most mfg were very conservative on how much they produced fearing the war, gas prices, and the economy would affect the spending for HP parts. We were right, it was an off year and because of this in some cases mfg were caught being out of product for several weeks even a few months. We are hoping '06 is going to be a good year.

Again do to e-mails and questions from sponsors and individuals I thought I would just post this to help everyone out and communicate the situation.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update Chris. I've been encountering this problem with several other large (corporate) companies as well. Nice to see the state of the industry looking up this year.

Cheers,

Richard
Old 01-05-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Richard,
Thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I am glad to hear a few things, first they are coming I don't need them until April so my advance planning will pay off.

Second, if they added more shifts, we added more American jobs

Third, with the demand, hopefully the Morel company will remain a viable concern.

Definitely worth the wait, and thanks for the update
Old 01-20-2006, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the info. It looked as though for a minute I was going to recieve my ET heads before my lifters
Old 01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the update chris. I already have a set of morel lifters in my vehicle, so hopefully I wont need any for a long time. Anyway, I really wish more companies would work closer with their suppliers (like you and Mr.Curtis) to provide information like this to their own customers. This could save a lot of hassle in the short and long run and surely gain respect.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I spoke to Thunder yesterday about my order, they are expected into Thunder 1st week of February
Old 01-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Teching In

America doesn't make steel anymore? WTF!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Collections Hold

Default yeah

Originally Posted by Cstraub
I figured I would post this as a thread since I am getting PM's and e-mail on the subject.

Morel is way behind schedule. What they estimated they would sell in '05 was off by about 400%. Along with record sales were the following:

Material supply: The US does not make steel anymore we have sent those jobs to South America and Asia. Because of this steel deliverys have delayed by weeks, so material to make parts has been delayed.

Labor: Morel is a union shop. With the rumblings in the big 3, Morels yearly negoiations in the Nov. took 3 weeks more then usual. During this time nothing was going out the door except what management and ownership could do.

Holiday Shutdown: Those of you in the auto industry know that during the holidays the automakers have maintenance shutdown. Morel being associated with the OEM's for over 50 years does the same and is part of the labor contract.

Now this is what they have done to prepare for '06.

They now have 2 shifts working 5 days a week and are going to add a 3rd.

Added another Cincy CNC ID grinder and 2 more Mori mills.

LS1 hydraulics, mostly because of some sponsors on this board, have been a huge success and because of this they have blanked and have in process 10K LS1 rollers. These are currently in Morels heat treat furnance and will be in assembly process in the next few days.

Now it will take Morel a few days to fill orders and then a few more days for the orders to get to the sponsors on this board. If you have been promised by sponsors "another week, another week, 2 weeks" they have told you the truth because that is what they have been told by Morel and Morel was telling the truth because thats what they thought would happen.

As a performance mfg, I can tell you our industry on the hole did not have a good year. Most mfg were very conservative on how much they produced fearing the war, gas prices, and the economy would affect the spending for HP parts. We were right, it was an off year and because of this in some cases mfg were caught being out of product for several weeks even a few months. We are hoping '06 is going to be a good year.

Again do to e-mails and questions from sponsors and individuals I thought I would just post this to help everyone out and communicate the situation.
I know the feeling. I wish my plea sounded this good, but I think a lot of us were underestimating the size of the lsx community and how high the demand would be. It is like putting out a warehouse fire with a garden hose. I know my pants were down. You know how difficult those B&B hat washers can be to get.lol
Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt i hear delivery is immenent...anyone know for sure?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

I know if I recieve my ETP heads (ordered in november) before I recieve my Morel lifters (ordered before the heads) .... im probably just gonna shoot myself and end all the frustration.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Morel starting shipping last week and is shipping this week.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cary et performance
I know the feeling. I wish my plea sounded this good, but I think a lot of us were underestimating the size of the lsx community and how high the demand would be. It is like putting out a warehouse fire with a garden hose. I know my pants were down. You know how difficult those B&B hat washers can be to get.lol
Cary,
Yeah and with what I was told on Monday the LS series engine will get even more popular. Those step washers were difficult!!! Thanks for your and Mikes patience and understanding. We have plenty now. Now if I can get the ID locators shipped out to board sponsors I will be at least out of the fire again and into a medium HOT pan!!!