Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Man, another T-rex thread?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went to the local elementary school and asked opinions of a t-rex. the teachers all concurred that it was a stubby armed dinosaur, but the 2nd-5th graders agreed that this was the cam of choice for 10s on a stock cube ls1.

i heard one of them mutter something about the "magic stick", but i left shortly thereafter as a riot was slowly forming amongst the ones at lunch.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:09 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
i went to the local elementary school and asked opinions of a t-rex. the teachers all concurred that it was a stubby armed dinosaur, but the 2nd-5th graders agreed that this was the cam of choice for 10s on a stock cube ls1.

i heard one of them mutter something about the "magic stick", but i left shortly thereafter as a riot was slowly forming amongst the ones at lunch.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBake
Really, get a grip, no one has yet said it is a daily driver cam. All they have said is that they have daily driven it much like I have. No one will ever call it a daily driver camshaft. You can daily drive anything if you can tolerate it, I have a manual steering rack for example, some would not care for that as an everyday experience. You have a guy that has twice the gear as I saying good gas mileage, are you really that stupid to say I need a tune to get better gas mileage. I run a larger displacement engine, a transbraked 3 speed, 4000 stall, a 12 bolt rear, and engine set up for racing. You are a complete moron to think I need a tune when I am laying down over 480rwhp because I lack gas mileage compared to a guy running a 346, 6 speed, on 28in tall tires. Once again get a clue.
Woah! It is a full out race cam. I said that it CAN be a daily driver camshaft if tuned correctly with the proper gear. I said you should be getting better gas mileage than what you are getting. I had a more radical cam than this in a carb truck that got better gas mileage than what you are getting. I had a friend with a 6 speed getting the same gas mileage as previously noted. If you keep your foot out of it and got a better tune *** pirate you would probably get better gas mileage.
If you think the T-rex CANT be driven daily. You need to tell your b/f to stop
breaking your back at Brokeback.

P.s.- Where is the dyno sheet of 480 rwhp ?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBake
This is a known, I run an AFR205 with mine, but the T-Rex is no longer the optimal cam when used with an aftermarket head like my AFR205s for example. There is an optimal cam for the AFR205's, and it is not the T-Rex, although it is a great package on my 383.
True but there is a head that would go well with a radical setup like the TREX.
Why not an AFR 225 or ETP 225? I think either of these heads would be a nice setup with a TREX.